• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Changing STTGL tier from high 1-C to 1-B

The only way to STTGL being 1-B is the statement from Simon which says that eam dai-gurren transcends both space time and dimension, but i dont know if this applies to the 11 dimensions

WeeklyBattles said:
Yknow, does ttgl have evidence of its 11-D thing being quantifiably 11-D? With our new rules regarding spatial dimensions it may need a revision
no. and never has been. the only, for that him gave 11d-words lordgenom about base. and completely distorted. I don't understand what prevents a crack between the 10th and 11th dimensions from having a normal,three-dimensional universe. which is the anti-spiral universe.

Has been clearly stated that the Anti Spiral Dimension has different dimensional axis and Rossiu talks about the M-Theory, which supports TTGL cast being 1-C

Well actually M-Theory would mean they don't qualify for High 1-C.

But Aeyu said that Gurren Lagann has one of the best reasons for why a verse would get tier 1 in the new system, but I don't really know what her reasons are for that.

there was no. it was said only about finding between two dimensions. everything else is fanatical nonsense. nothing higher than low 2C in ttgl is not.

Well the verse has already been audited and even made it green, what else can ya do. Protest? Lol maybe theres some other wiki that says otherwise

I remember the days where Super Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann was only low 2-C. People were saying how Beerus could one shot STTGL lol. We have come so far since then.

How does TTGL even count for Tier 1? It's based on M-Theory and I really don't see any evidence of those dimensions beyond a vague statement. Low 2-C really seems a lot safer for him.

Ionliosite said:
How does TTGL even count for Tier 1? It's based on M-Theory and I really don't see any evidence of those dimensions beyond a vague statement. Low 2-C really seems a lot safer for him.
^This.

The verse already needs to go through a revision since its been tier 1 long before we changed our standards, and even then, the evdience for tier 1 Gurren Lagann seems fishy.

Which is brane cosmology, so its acceptable under our new standards

Why is it acceptable if those dimensions apparently are just mentioned by number? Is there any other statement to show they're qualitatively superior to each other?

"Take note that, while higher-dimensional objects can indeed be mathematically modelled and defined as uncountably infinitely larger than lower-dimensional correspondents, such abstract implications are not necessarily universal and applicable under any framework, and given the vast range of interpretations regarding higher-dimensional beings present throughout fiction, we have choosen to default to a more physics-based framework instead, and thus, being higher-dimensional does not necessarily skyrocket a character to a higher tier.

However, higher-dimensional characters can indeed be ranked at higher tiers if:

A) They are provably infinite on all axes, or can safely assumed to be so.

B) Are defined as always being infinitely larger or superior to lower-dimensional beings by the fictional work which they are from

C) They correspond to large extra dimensional spaces, such as those defined in brane cosmologies and the like." <-----

So if a brane cosmology just randomly throws any number of dimensions we take it in the same way we did with the old system?

and now the question is-how does this apply to Gurren Lagann, if: a-dimensions cannot be determined. b - when anti spiral used IBBS-the amount of energy was determined at the level of the big Bang, and in the form of an attack, which we have 3A. and they would not have coped if lordgenom had not sacrificed himself. the C-base of the anti-spirals is not in, but between dimensions. d-the size of the robots themselves was unchanged here and there. ?

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnmmmmm said:
and now the question is-how does this apply to Gurren Lagann, if: a-dimensions cannot be determined. b - when anti spiral used IBBS-the amount of energy was determined at the level of the big Bang, and in the form of an attack, which we have 3A. and they would not have coped if lordgenom had not sacrificed himself. the C-base of the anti-spirals is not in, but between dimensions. d-the size of the robots themselves was unchanged here and there. ?
Have you guys alreay forgotten anti-spirals megaversal extradimensional labyrinth feat? STTGL scales to Anti-Spiral which makes STTGL megaversal as well. https://gurrenlagann.fandom.com/wiki/Extradimensional_Labyrinth

Here's where an important argument for High 1-C was made

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2370340?useskin=oasis#436

As for being "between dimensions", according to Aeyu that just means it's 10-D physically with an additional time axis.

I hope this gives some context to the current ratings being what they are. If people feel like debating, I advise them to go through the given thread more thoroughly, just two comments might not be enough

I don't think higher D tiering is invalid here, in fact Aeyu who is one of the main people behind defining the new system, explicitly stated that Gurren Lagann still qualifies for High 1-C

I feel the big bang attack being a threat might be the only point against the current ratings

Andytrenom said:
Here's where an important argument for High 1-C was made

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2370340?useskin=oasis#436

As for being "between dimensions", according to Aeyu that just means it's 10-D physically with an additional time axis.

I hope this gives some context to the current ratings being what they are. If people feel like debating, I advise them to go through the given thread more thoroughly, just two comments might not be enough
finding between is probably neither the one nor the other. between 10 and 11.25 and 26.9999 and 10000 dimensions, you can cram a three-dimensional universe. in GL literally every moment, except for the phrase Lord says that the anti-spiral universe is the same as ours, does not differ in anything at all.

I am gonna be honest, at this point it feels like you are yammering an absolute and total amount of nonsense, Nnnm, for the sake of downplaying.

No, there is not gonna be a three-dimensional universe between the 10th and 11th dimension... that's not how it works, what are you even clinging to? It "behaving" like our universe is inconsequential to the direct statement.

You even state stuff is an illusion, with practically zero proof. You say they have no control of it, with literally zero proof. You are statting a goddamn lot of worthless lines and all backed by exactly nothing.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I am gonna be honest, at this point it feels like you are yammering an absolute and total amount of nonsense, Nnnm, for the sake of downplaying.

No, there is not gonna be a three-dimensional universe between the 10th and 11th dimension... that's not how it works, what are you even clinging to? It "behaving" like our universe is inconsequential to the direct statement.

You even state stuff is an illusion, with practically zero proof. You say they have no control of it, with literally zero proof. You are statting a goddamn lot of worthless lines and all backed by exactly nothing.
Really? people who are debating whether a character who is a maximum of 2C-1B deserves to say that I am talking nonsense. additional dimension - allows you to duplicate the lower structure any number of times. but this does not apply to ttgl,because between 10 and 11-does not mean the size,but the POSITION. in the anime, it is clearly stated that the anti-spiral is simply located in ANOTHER universe. the maze as I understand it is a favorite thing that is brought in disputes. but I never saw anyone give any example that the anti-spiral has power over it,that it created it, or that it is in principle real. on shown in anime this simply very a strong state of trance. And even if this maze is real, all that is shown in it is much weaker than ttgl, which barely survived the 3A attack. 1C should not have such vague statements. they can be interpreted even so that sttgl barely reaches 3b,but this will be complete nonsense. but 2C is its maximum level,it did not show more.

I do deserve to call nonsense nonsense when you talk as if it's fact rather than something which you think, not super convincing.

Do you really think a character restricted to 2-B power at best would actually be able to interact with higher dimensions and place a 3-D universe in there? Because that is what you are seriously postulating here. What does it matter that they are going to another universe...? How exactly do you understand higher dimensions?

What in the actuall hell are you even talking about? Do you review your own thoughts before saying them out loud? The Extradimensional Labyrinth is a technique through which they trap a target in timelines of their own making as their sentient recognition makes them. How do you willingly and consciously trap someone in something you have no control of? It's a technique of the Anti-Spiral, what would it even exist as without him? Some weird medical condition that only exists in the Gurren Lagann world? How perfect that all this is hollow since Occam's Razors means you can either find backing arguments for this, or this is just all worthless beliefs that we would never default for since nothing indicates that. "Simply a strong trance", yes, and the anti spiral is lying despite saying outright they are trapped in timelines of their own making, and Simon was just entering everyone's mind or something, something else you have no proof for.

And this is the honestly worst argument so far, and makes me wonder if you have even seen some of our profiles. 3-A? Are we gonna say Masadaverse is now 3-C because one of Mercurius's strongest attacks is condensing millions/billions of stars in a single blow?

I'm pretty sure there's a direct statement that they have complete control over the 10-11D universe

The only thing suggesting it "caps out" at universe level is the big bang attack, which is one instance. The rest talk about universe destruction but don't indicate that is their limit

Back