• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chandler Night/Galand Jump CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i feel we need to take another look at both chanlders and galands feat... lets start with chanlder
1- His night time , it was stated that his magic surrounded the area, which is fine but what about the moon and the stars showing? thats would make his night time legit right? http://prntscr.com/1389mzu - http://prntscr.com/1389o5n - http://prntscr.com/1389or7 - http://prntscr.com/1389or7 chapters 236 if anyone wants to take a look.

2- Its used as a DIRECT counter to SUNSHINE which needs MORNING/Day to activate . So night time isnt fake. So the real issue here is how does he do this? i googled the energy and this is what they gave me "As the Earth has a period of about 23.93 hours, it has an angular velocity of 7.29×10−5 rad/s. The Earth has a moment of inertia, I = 8.04×1037 kg·m2. Therefore, it has a rotational kinetic energy of 2.138×1029 J." not sure if we cant use it .

3- Heres chanlder using it to counter sunshine again http://prntscr.com/1389ta4 - http://prntscr.com/1389two

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Galand speed
1- He was able to jump AWAY from merlins teleport and then come right back i know we did this already but maybe its time for another look now that we have new members and methods .
http://prntscr.com/1389xuq heres merlin saying he jumped miles away from her magic and came right back the very next page , this is chapter120 . http://prntscr.com/1389zay

2- This is a very big deal since what she did to vivian http://prntscr.com/138a0f6 http://prntscr.com/138a0f6 so we might need to relook at these

image0.jpg

So here is the feat being done. Its not clouds being used to block out the sunlight as we still see clouds, the stars are also still visible and also the moon as well
image0.jpg

so now the question is what he did
1- either he rotates the earth (wank obv)
2- creates a "fake" moon( doubt it since we can see other stars)
3- made a certain part of the world "night" (seems like the best choice ) but how much energy would that take?

I'm against the whole rotating thing. Nothing implies he rotated the earth, no shaking, no disturbances of the ground, just that the air vibrated around the sins.

I wouldn't use the rotation of the Earth for that feat. There's nothing suggesting it has a global influence; he's just bringing about nighttime in the local area.

I believe it is unquantifiable.

3- made a certain part of the world "night" (seems like the best choice ) but how much energy would that take?
I think 3 is fine, and given how much was covered it seems like the entire horizon was.
The fake moon does seem likely since it would block out the sunlight creating a night time.

I wouldn't use the rotation of the Earth for that feat. There's nothing suggesting it has a global influence; he's just bringing about nighttime in the local area.

mudin also said it could be unquantifiable

Let's stick to 3

I think 3 is fine, and given how much was covered it seems like the entire horizon was.
The fake moon does seem likely since it would block out the sunlight creating a night time.
how much energy would it take to create a "fake moon" tho

I obviously think this is unquantifiable as well

I assume small planet or moon lvl? But can't even prove it's a real moon nor that he made it.
wrong quote? xd but im not saying he made the moon , im saying he legit turned a part of the country to night , so how much energy would that be .. Tho it would seem that a few people think its unquantiable

wrong quote? xd but im not saying he made the moon , im saying he legit turned a part of the country to night , so how much energy would that be .. Tho it would seem that a few people think its unquantiable
Uh yea I think it's just hax rather than like energy being used.

ok then . then its agreed for chanlder we cant do anything.. so lets move on to galand. Is it worth changing/looking into? iirc we had an old calc putting it at sub rel-rel

About Chandler, I find it unquantifiable. I've always believed it was an illusion created with magic that affected everyone under its effect, so not usable, definitely.

About Galand, this feat is weird. Maybe I'm mistaken, correct me if that's the case, but let me give my thoughts:

1- When Merlin snapped her fingers, it seemed like the spell travelled to where Galand was standing. This gives me the impression that it wasn't instantaneous like we thought it was previously (when she used it against Vivian), but rather the attack needs to reach the target or a certain point in order to start doing effect.

2- When it's almost on Galand's face, he notices it and jumps. He probably jumped because he didn't know what it was, because otherwise it wouldn't make sense for him to escape to a place that is further away than the one he would be teleported to. That is assuming the spell only teleports you inside its radius effect, which isn't likely, considering we see a several HUNDRED miles spell later on in the series done casually and she does not need to hold back against Galand as he is the greatest threat they have found so far.

3- The fact that Melrin says "SEVERAL MILES" (Several meaning around three) makes me think the distance Galand travelled is smaller than we think.

The most important thing here is understanding how Merlin's teleportation works. With this scene and what we have seen so far, I think the following is implied: Merlin launches an attack and when it reaches a point, it expands several miles, teleporting everything inside those miles to a distant place out of those several miles (snowy countries or other time zones). I believe Galand just jumped several miles, and not an entire continent.

But the key factor is the rate at which the spell expands once it has reached the target or point in space. If it were instantaneous, Galand would have had to jump several miles before the spell reached the point where he was standing, and this is a few centimeters at best (seeing the distance between Galand's face and the panel). This is crazy because a few centimeters can be toured in almost no time at above lightning speed. And I say lightning speed because Base Meliodas, who has several lightning combat speed feats, let alone his reaction speed, couldn't react to the spell and was somehow blitzed by it, along the rest of the sins.

That's all, although I am likely not right about some mechanisms I believe I brought up some interesting points here.

1- I wouldnt say "it reached his face" more like he sensed something and reacted
2- idk about merlin miles thing seeing what she can do with vivian easily , and galand is a dangerous person at that time so i doubt she would hold back plus the main thing is him coming right back next panel , not even a few pages he almost instantly came back

I will not argue now, only on Monday. But with a quick calculation (With a formula that I'm not sure is correct) Chandler's feat is equal to 7.9836e+13 watts

The formula I used:

4.58e+19W*area of Chandler's night/Half of the surface area of Earth

To find out the area at night I used the horizon calculator (~439.8229715km^2)

About Chandler, I find it unquantifiable. I've always believed it was an illusion created with magic that affected everyone under its effect, so not usable, definitely.

About Galand, this feat is weird. Maybe I'm mistaken, correct me if that's the case, but let me give my thoughts:

1- When Merlin snapped her fingers, it seemed like the spell travelled to where Galand was standing. This gives me the impression that it wasn't instantaneous like we thought it was previously (when she used it against Vivian), but rather the attack needs to reach the target or a certain point in order to start doing effect.

2- When it's almost on Galand's face, he notices it and jumps. He probably jumped because he didn't know what it was, because otherwise it wouldn't make sense for him to escape to a place that is further away than the one he would be teleported to. That is assuming the spell only teleports you inside its radius effect, which isn't likely, considering we see a several HUNDRED miles spell later on in the series done casually and she does not need to hold back against Galand as he is the greatest threat they have found so far.

3- The fact that Melrin says "SEVERAL MILES" (Several meaning around three) makes me think the distance Galand travelled is smaller than we think.

The most important thing here is understanding how Merlin's teleportation works. With this scene and what we have seen so far, I think the following is implied: Merlin launches an attack and when it reaches a point, it expands several miles, teleporting everything inside those miles to a distant place out of those several miles (snowy countries or other time zones). I believe Galand just jumped several miles, and not an entire continent.

But the key factor is the rate at which the spell expands once it has reached the target or point in space. If it were instantaneous, Galand would have had to jump several miles before the spell reached the point where he was standing, and this is a few centimeters at best (seeing the distance between Galand's face and the panel). This is crazy because a few centimeters can be toured in almost no time at above lightning speed. And I say lightning speed because Base Meliodas, who has several lightning combat speed feats, let alone his reaction speed, couldn't react to the spell and was somehow blitzed by it, along the rest of the sins.

That's all, although I am likely not right about some mechanisms I believe I brought up some interesting points here.
That is definitely not an illusion, it is real as he bring "True Night" which affected Escanor like a regular night. But I agree, it is unquantifiable.

She actually said "several miles outside of my magic's sphere of influence" meaning her effective range at which she can use magic.

She actually said "several miles outside of my magic's sphere of influence" meaning her effective range at which she can use magic.
wait a min... but when she was teleporting vivian , that range was atleast country or am i wrong?

wait a min... but when she was teleporting vivian , that range was atleast country or am i wrong?
The calc we did on NF used yhe distance from lioness to edinburgh which was 186 miles or sonryhing and used the timeframe of meliodas falling due to gravity. Came out to mach 3600.

Night time appearing would be the implication of the planet rotating, which is what happens under normal circumstances.
No, in a verse like sds where magic is a normal thing, I'm far more inclined to believe that his magic spell was the ability to make night time happen, not rotate the entire planet. Also again if something that massive was needed to happen, don't you think the sins would've made note of it? There would've been sfx with a rumbling or something to imply it rotated, instead the most we get is King saying "the airs vibrating around us".

No, in a verse like sds where magic is a normal thing, I'm far more inclined to believe that his magic spell was the ability to make night time happen, not rotate the entire planet.
I don't know the verse, only speaking on the feat in particular specifically, so I guess you can make that argument? I don't mind if this feat doesn't qualify or not. But I find it very strange and arbitrary that you'd argue this one specific pocket of the area gets night time instead of the planet rotating to make it night time (which, in my view, is a more reasonable assumption without too many leaps in logic).
Also again if something that massive was needed to happen, don't you think the sins would've made note of it? There would've been sfx with a rumbling or something to imply it rotated, instead the most we get is King saying "the airs vibrating around us".
I mean, no? Planetary rotation in general isn't even something one "has" to take notice of. Our planet for instance normally rotates despite us not feeling anything remotely happening to the planet. Rotational feats would just be someone forcing the rotation to happen, and for a bunch of superhuman beings, not feeling it wouldn't be suprising.

That and the "air vibrating" which one could argue is another form of evidence to imply it.

I don't know the verse, only speaking on the feat in particular specifically, so I guess you can make that argument? I don't mind if this feat doesn't qualify or not. But I find it very strange and arbitrary that you'd argue this one specific pocket of the area gets night time instead of the planet rotating to make it night time (which, in my view, is a more reasonable assumption without too many leaps in logic).

I mean, no? Planetary rotation in general isn't even something one "has" to take notice of. Our planet for instance normally rotates despite us not feeling anything remotely happening to the planet. Rotational feats would just be someone forcing the rotation to happen, and for a bunch of superhuman beings, not feeling it wouldn't be suprising.

That and the "air vibrating" which one could argue is another form of evidence to imply it.
The rotation we're talking about in the span that it would've happened in would have been noticeable lol.

The rotation we're talking about in the span that it would've happened in would have been noticeable lol.
Fair enough. Like I said, im not here to argue this feat is this or that for sure, but offer an argument that could be made for it being rotation based.

That and if it would be an outlier, you can obviously just ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back