• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man discussion thread

Here's my current take on the Top-Tier / God-Tier AP scaling-

Gun Devil:
  • 28% Gun Devil: 35.89 kilotons (Mt. Elbrus), likely far higher (News of the Gun Devil being defeated should've dramatically decreased the fear of it, meaning a weakened Gun Devil did that, although this was never explicitly stated)
  • 20% Gun Devil: 25.64 kilotons, likely far higher (Percentage scaling)
  • 100% Gun Devil: 128.18 kilotons, likely far higher, 15.94 megatons via ramming (Kinetic energy is this level, although just traveling at this speed caused 37% of its body to shear off in the process, meaning it's unlikely it would survive attacking an opponent this way. Also, the Gun Devil does not fight by ramming)
Pochita:
  • Part 1: At least 25.64 kilotons, likely far higher (Only took minimal damage from Makima's bangs, which was implied to be derived from the 20% Gun Devil)
  • Part 2: At least 128.18 kilotons, likely far higher, possibly 15.94 megatons (Feared across the world with 350,000 chainsaw pseudo-devils running around killing people, should be at least comparable to the 100% Gun Devil after killing 1.2 million people in five minutes, survived a hit from the Gun Goddess albeit was reduced to a torso)
  • Four Horsemen Fight: Possibly 166.47 megatons (Somehow fought Death alongside the four other ways life could end, and managed to consume them, albeit we don't know how the fight went. Not enough information for a full key, just something to point out.)
Yoru w/ Call to Arms:
  • At least 128.18 kilotons (Blew open Pochita's stomach), likely 15.94 megatons (The Gauntlets traveled at much faster speeds than the 100% Gun Devil with no damage), 166.47 megatons with Gun Goddess (RKE is this much, using 2 seconds for the high-end distance- 4.87% c so still Sub-Relativistic)
Primal Fears:
  • At least 166.47 megatons (Aging was surprised that Yoru believed the Gun Goddess could kill it, Falling caused world-wide collateral damage while weakened, Primal Fears are described as Transcendent by Pingtsi, etc...)
Thoughts?

Last edited:
Chainsaw Man migh be indeed stronger than Jujutsu Kaisen I fear
Aging was surprised that Yoru believed the Gun Goddess could kill it
I don't think this is enough for scaling tho, at least for now. Aging Devil could be saying about its regen and not dura, and since durability in Chainsaw Man is really weird, I think we need to wait for the next chapter before anything
28% Gun Devil: 35.89 kilotons (Mt. Elbrus)
Didn't Yoru sacrificed Gun Devil completely and not just some fraction of it? Are we assuming that the other parts of Gun Devil are still around and functional somehow?

Chainsaw Man migh be indeed stronger than Jujutsu Kaisen I fear

I don't think this is enough for scaling tho, at least for now. Aging Devil could be saying about its regen and not dura, and since durability in Chainsaw Man is really weird, I think we need to wait for the next chapter before anything
Yeah, that's fair.
Didn't Yoru sacrificed Gun Devil and not just some fraction of it? Are we assuming that the other parts of Gun Devil are still around and functional somehow?
I mean, if it was every piece, including the 11% that belongs to China, 4% by other nations, and the 37% scattered throughout the world eaten by devils, I feel like Fujimoto would've shown us more than just the Soviet Union's Gun Devil moving.

I mean, if it was every piece, including the 11% that belongs to China, 4% by other nations, and the 37% scattered throughout the world eaten by devils, I feel like Fujimoto would've shown us more than just the Soviet Union's Gun Devil moving.
I always thought he used the Soviets to show that Gun Devil was completly sacrificed, since they own its biggest percentage
Either way, Yoru should def scale to 100% Gun Devil imo, otherwise the scene lose half of the impact

Answer the question bruh 🗿
Give him time, Gunshy's having flashbacks to fighting in the trenches.

TL;DR: Regardless of KE validity, that 20% Gun's speed calc's premise is wrong as we don't know if Gun crossed 499/498.5 km to use it's sure-fire hit on Makima, since Makima isn't an adult man (1km range) or a human child (1.5 km range), and she was shot through the head rather than the heart (heart of any living thing, 1km), hence why 20% Gun is Hypersonic+ rather than Massively Hypersonic.

Where was it implied that Makima uses the Gun Devil's power for her Bangs? What did I miss?
It was impled by the vibes. We know Makima and Aki made some kind of contract, then Makima beat the 20% Gun Devil, Aki became the Gun Fiend, Makima had never used the fingergun until after the Gun Fiend died, and Yoru's fingergun (which we know comes from the Gun Devil) works almost the exact same way.

Last edited:
  • 100% Gun Devil: 128.18 kilotons, likely far higher, 15.94 megatons via ramming (Kinetic energy is this level, although just traveling at this speed caused 37% of its body to shear off in the process, meaning it's unlikely it would survive attacking an opponent this way. Also, the Gun Devil does not fight by ramming
Was it ever stated that it's movement across the world is what caused it to break into pieces? I dont recall that being the case.

Was it ever stated that it's movement across the world is what caused it to break into pieces? I dont recall that being the case.
Its movements caused small chunks of its body to break off into pieces (however those pieces were merely grater than 6.4 kilos when added up before it could start retreating to the main body). The only time it was found disassembled into large chunks around the globe was when it was defeated by an unknown character.

Cough Cough "Kobeni" Cough Cough
Speaking of Kobeni, unmasked Violence should scale above whatever Public Safety suit durability is like her knife does, for destroying his suit and pant legs just by transforming. (Except for the pant bottoms, those are indestructible thanks to the Hulk effect, and thus are High 3-A)

Speaking of Kobeni, unmasked Violence should scale above whatever Public Safety suit durability is like her knife does, for destroying his suit and pant legs just by transforming. (Except for the pant bottoms, those are indestructible thanks to the Hulk effect, and thus are High 3-A)
Ironically Yorozu from JJK is a nudist and has a High 3-A attack

Back