• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man discussion thread

This is gonna be a fun week

chainsaw-man-has-peaked-v0-9l6shbxqmk4d1.jpeg
STOP POSTING THIS FKING PANEL OF HER HAND

Classic Fujimoto style of having something serious happen, laughing at it, and then still treating it seriously. He loves that black humour.

I think plenty of people have obviously analyzed or predicted how Denji and Asa feel/will feel (extreme shock & confusion/disgust), but I'm also interesting in Yoru feels.

Like I felt she seemed really pathetic? She got a glimpse at having kissed Denji and immediately started sweatily kissing and touching him. This is the War Devil, a Horseman of Apocalypse, and she's a hormonal mess with ********* in her palm. I wonder whether she'll feel shame in any way (genuinely feeling regret or just feeling embarassed), or if she'll just play off having used Asa's body to assault Denji.

Classic Fujimoto style of having something serious happen, laughing at it, and then still treating it seriously. He loves that black humour.

I think plenty of people have obviously analyzed or predicted how Denji and Asa feel/will feel (extreme shock & confusion/disgust), but I'm also interesting in Yoru feels.

Like I felt she seemed really pathetic? She got a glimpse at having kissed Denji and immediately started sweatily kissing and touching him. This is the War Devil, a Horseman of Apocalypse, and she's a hormonal mess with ********* in her palm. I wonder whether she'll feel shame in any way (genuinely feeling regret or just feeling embarassed), or if she'll just play off having used Asa's body to assault Denji.
Yoru is feeling what Asa feels

FmHsUnLWAAAj926.jpg:large

Yeah next week is gonna be very interesting. I hope Asa doesn't hold it against Denji being her normal tsundere/femcel self. Fuji really should use this REALLY weird icebreaker in order to make Asa and Denji's relationship official and move from there. Hopefully this doesn't turn into some huge ordeal turning them against each other.

Someone mentioned that on that first panel of the kiss Denji actually kept his mouth shut, likely due to trauma of his previous "kisses".
He also had his mouth closed when Yoru kissed him on the second date, a pretty expected trauma-response. He did consider his kiss with "Asa" the one time he wasn't hurt.

I've seen most fans defend it, a large sum of the people who hate on it are people who've never read the manga before or CSM haters who just yap nonsense just to get silenced by some random white-belt who read through the manga with their eyes open. And then there are the puriteen's who thought CSM was a slice of life series up until they saw a sensitive scene. I see people bringing up Fire Punch & comparing it to this scene, I've never read it but the way people describe it make it seem like CSM itself is a cartoon. But regardless, trust the Fujimoto cycle

I've seen most fans defend it, a large sum of the people who hate on it are people who've never read the manga before or CSM haters who just yap nonsense just to get silenced by some random white-belt who read through the manga with their eyes open. And then there are the puriteen's who thought CSM was a slice of life series up until they saw a sensitive scene. I see people bringing up Fire Punch & comparing it to this scene, I've never read it but the way people describe it make it seem like CSM itself is a cartoon. But regardless, trust the Fujimoto cycle
Fire punch might just be crazier then CSM tbh(I could be misremembering but shit gets wild) you should definitely give it a read

I have seen poeple burning the manga just due to this chapter

I find it weird how society is fine with murder and torture in media but sexual assault is seen as the worst thing ever created by mankind somehow

People like this are so stupid

I didn't like what happened ( and I certainly won't like if Fujimoto just plays it as a joke next chapter without further developing on it )

But this chapter was def a filter

I'm particularly annoyed by folks that think Denji is "lucky" or wanted this by his body language. Denji's most common response is to freeze up and do what his assaulter tells him, and then blame himself when things go bad.

He froze up when Makima "asked" him to kill the gun. He obeyed when Himeno told him to strip. He aided Makima even when she said she would kill Power, and then was in a state of shock after. He froze when Fumiko groped him, and obeyed when she told him to lick a dead devil.

Like, in Makima's most important scene— where she finally breaks Denji— she does so by not only building him up just to destroy his happiness, but by shifting the fault of everything from herself to Denji.

It's just so gross to see people take the exact view that Denji's worst abuser would have.

Zabazab do you still have that one sandbox that you created for the Angel Devil? since I have no idea about his abilities apart from the Non-physical interaction & limited Death Manip

Back