• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man discussion thread

This completely recontextualizes Denji and Nayuta's relationship, as brother and sister, as father and daughter, as mother and son, as family.

Nayuta, from the very start, knew who she used to be. She knew that she was the Conquest Devil and by reading Denji's mind, knew that she was Makima– knew everything that Makima did.

Nayuta knew the relief and fear Denji felt at first towards her, she knew the desire and eventual love Denji felt towards her as both a potential sexual partner and maternal figure, she knew about the bonds and family Denji made thanks to Makima.

And she knew that Makima– who she used to be– hurt Denji so badly that he truly believed he could never live a normal life again.
Does she really know all that? She never outright confirms that she gained all the knowledge of what Makima did to Denji, just that she broke the contract Denji had with Pochita by ruining his chance for a normal life. I feel it's more ambiguous regarding how much she knows about her past as Makima. Considering how young she was and inexperienced she is with her powers, it's possible she only got a cursory glance of his memories and didn't bother to dig for any more information other than her past identity. At least, that's my take on it.

Last edited:
Fujimoto doesn't do the Shonen Jump goofy ah "flashback scene before death scene" bro just kills the character and its over

Here it is, it's got all of the necessary references, but it's lacking scans for the stats section. The P&A has all of them though.
Thanks, quick reminder that the Class 100 feat is just a supporting feat now and she would scale to Reze's feat

Also with your permission can I edit the sandbox to add group reference notes? (I can also add the scans)

Last edited:
this last chapter was really good. Nayuta end being a cliffhanger kills me though
Wasn't expecting a flashback-heavy chapter, especially one that dives into the character of the control devil.

Side note, but if page 6 of the chapter is anything to go by, does this mean makima actually pitied denji rather than having jealousy or indifference towards him?

Last edited:
Anime is generally considered secondary canon, so you wouldn't need to make a thread on that, unless you plan on making it on equal standing or moreso than the manga, which then you would.

Back