• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man discussion thread

Damn I had a WIP too. We should probably just combine any good bits from both and then work out the kinks.
You can actually edit it to your liking, I'm reworking most profiles because current CSM profiles are terrible and completely outdated

After I finish reworking all the profiles (along with the new ones) I'm gonna make a big CRT with everything (Calcs, scaling, profiles etc...) Hoping by then the Gun Devils K.E gets calced or the Gun Fiend feat because those are also major upgrades to the verse

I'm also not sure if the supersonic+ calc is still getting removed since the speed downgrade thread is dead in the water, so I'll probably update the characters back to supersonic+ if its unlikely
Updated Bucket list:
Evaluated Calcs:

1. Bomb Devil Arc Feats: Wall level+(0.004 Tons of TNT) | Small Building level (0.0120 Tons of TNT) | Small Building level (0.0122 Tons of TNT) | Small Building level+ (0.137 Tons of TNT) | Class M (38698065.625 Newtons or 3946.1044929 Tons of Force) (All Mid tiers scale to this)
2. Fox Devil: Small Building level (116115532.68 Joules) (Low - Mid tiers scale to this)
3. Cockroach Devil Feats: Small Building level+ (0.1909 Tons of TNT) (All Mid tiers Scale to this)
4. Gun Devil 100%: Small Town level+ (5.044 Kilotons of TNT) All (High - God tiers scale to this)
5. Santa Claus Feat: Building level (1.27101446136 Tonnes Of TNT) (All Mid tiers scale to this)
6. Typhoon Devil's Storm: Small City level (5.44 Megatons) (EV DC)
7. Typhoon Devil Feat: Building level (0.3107515552031549 Tons of TNT) (EV DC)
8. The Falling Devil: Small Building level (461231290.718 J) and Class M (1601862.406 kg) (Mid tiers should scale to this)

Awaiting Evaluation:

1. Denji tosses some ground feat: Class M (53743031 Kg) (High tiers should scale to this)

Calcs to be requested:
1. The Bomb Devil (Control Devil Arc): She was able to destroy Part of a Building in the Control Devil arc (Mid tiers scale to this)
2. The Gun Devil 20%: He was able to destroy an entire City-Block, His Kinetic Energy crossing 500KM or less (Should be scalable to High-God Tiers)
3. The Gun Fiend: He was able to Destroy parts of a Few Buildings in a Town in his Fight with Denji (Should be scalable to Mid tiers)
4. Pochita: He jumps destroying a huge portion of a Building (Should scale to all God Tiers)
5. Barem Bridge: He was able to seemingly Burn the entire floor of a Building, He also Burns a Hurdle of zombies which should be somewhat scalable (Should be scalable to all Mid tiers)
6. The Justice Devil: He was able to cause some mass destruction while chasing Denji (Should be scalable to Mid tiers)

Note: (This is kinda the procedure we're working with here)
This is what we have done so far, I want some of the calcs to be requested done first so we can Evaluate everything at once, Then we can place the Evaluated Calcs in a Big CRT for the CSM verse
^ Its best If we just wait for AP calcs, then speed, then we do LS

But as soon as I'm done with the rework profiles I'm making the CRT

Another chapter of Runsawman I see. Disappointing to see that scene with Denji go nowhere and Nayuta doing nothing once again. I really believe Fujimoto needs to go back on the rails of normal storytelling for a bit instead of trying to subvert expectations anyway he can because that seems to be the only thing he's been doing recently. Not that it doesn't have its cool moments such as Quanxi killing the hybrids or Denji becoming Chainsawman again; It just doesn't stay on one specific story beat long enough to make anything impactful. It's like I'm being jerked around in five different directions at once and am expected to care about each view all at the same time as well as follow what the hell is even going on. It does feel like where finally getting somewhere though which is good to see, It's just I wish Fuji would get there faster instead of gingerly walking through all these subplots that go nowhere beforehand.
That combined with the regular long breaks make it agonizing. Although for someone who reads the chapters in one go sometime in the future, it wouldn't be that much of a big deal

That combined with the regular long breaks make it agonizing. Although for someone who reads the chapters in one go sometime in the future, it wouldn't be that much of a big deal
In hindsight I overreacted a bit since I was having a bad day but my point still stands that the current arc feels like it's trying to hard too subvert expectations.

Last edited:
In hindsight I overreacted a bit since I was having a bad day but my point still stands that the current arc feels like it's trying to hard to subvert expectations.
I get your frustration, tbh. I know I've been hearing that Fujimoto needs a break, he's tired, etc, but the breaks can get agonizing, especially if the chapters end on cliffhangers, like the current one did.

It's obvious what the last panel of the recent chapter is trying to do. I don't think nayuta will die (it would really suck if she did) but the level of detail on that gun makes it obvious.

I think she will. She still really hasn't done anything important yet and I feel like she's meant to play a bigger part than what she's currently playing. If she does die then it's probably gonna be a trigger for Denji to come back full time which I guess gives her use in the story; Though I hope that's not the case.

cmon guys, we all know barem is likely gonna be the strongest hybrid (second to quanxi) anyways

You really think barem will fail? Hes already been offscreened twice, you really think fujimoto will hold barem on the edge 3 times in a row?

I'm jus saying maybe yall need to accept it from now

Barem is not sane he will kill a child with no remorse + he has been trying to kill her many times previously to get Denji enraged

Yall need to accept that nayuta is dead and nobody can save her now 😭
I thought his plan was just to capture nayuta and hold her hostage so he could use denji. If nayuta is dead denji will have nothing to lose and then pochita will destroy the hybrids like he did in the control devil arc.

For a self proclaimed makima lover (simp), he doesn't understand her at all, imo. Those pets he just burned were makima's old pets and he is trying to kill makima's reincarnation.

I thought his plan was just to capture nayuta and hold her hostage so he could use denji. If nayuta is dead denji will have nothing to lose and then pochita will destroy the hybrids like he did in the control devil arc.

For a self proclaimed makima lover (simp), he doesn't understand her at all, imo. Those pets he just burned were makima's old pets and he is trying to kill makima's reincarnation.
He ordered partially transformed chainsawmen to kill her already indicating he wants her dead

And don't you feel like barem would feel good telling denji he killed all he had left in cold blood? By his own hand too

cmon guys, we all know barem is likely gonna be the strongest hybrid (second to quanxi) anyways
barem after he hits denji with strong fire (it did absolutely nothing)

ByIG7to.png

Here it is

I'm glad we finally got an answer to how much Nayuta knows about her past. Glad to see she abandoned her original goal of breaking Denji. At least, that's what I hope. Overall, I'm happy with how this chapter turned out. I can wait two weeks for the next one, but that could just be me.

This completely recontextualizes Denji and Nayuta's relationship, as brother and sister, as father and daughter, as mother and son, as family.

Nayuta, from the very start, knew who she used to be. She knew that she was the Conquest Devil and by reading Denji's mind, knew that she was Makima– knew everything that Makima did.

Nayuta knew the relief and fear Denji felt at first towards her, she knew the desire and eventual love Denji felt towards her as both a potential sexual partner and maternal figure, she knew about the bonds and family Denji made thanks to Makima.

And she knew that Makima– who she used to be– hurt Denji so badly that he truly believed he could never live a normal life again.

"You helped me kill Power. There could have been a way to save Hayakawa, but you killed him as well. You even killed your own father. Someone like you has no right to wish for a normal life, do they?"

Back