• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cerebella Revision

Antoniofer

VS Battles
Retired
Its about this calc made by Lina Shields, the scalling and physics is well done, but when were calculed the elipsoide volume was used the diameter of the elipsoide rather than the radious, making the result 8 times higher than it should, the real result would be ~1.6 m^3; another mistake (not as big tho) is the one of the 3 diameters of the elipsoide were assuming, being the the 1.52 m used, wherever one is used that could increase/decrease the result in 15.4%

The other part is that the mass of the diamond created were already calculated in being ~1200 kg, when the mass of the granite were calculed in ~3600 kg (done with the correction from above), that means that only 1/3 of the granite were turned into diamond, making the result another 3 times bigger than it should.

So the real yield would be 24 times smaller than the showed in the calc, however, I made a blog about converting carbone to diamond, that if yet accepted, could increase the real result in 10%.

I made the calc with the corrections done, and after other corrections from Kkapoios it would put Cerebella (and anyone who is at her level) 8-B (~11.28 tnt tons), but it needs to be evaluated first.

Bleeeeeh y u do dis Antonio??? :/

lol kidding, though as much as it pains me to say it, I have to agree so long as the math is correct.

You should probably inform Lina about this thread.

@Antvasima It seems Lina has been busy a lot lately so I not so sure if he will respond or not. You could attempt to PM him about this if you wish.

So, I was waiting for Lina to suggest the changes since doesn't seems appropiate to use his scaling to re-calc, at least not without his permission. I also found a way to compensate the area of non-circular circunferences, but need to talk that with Lina or a calc member.

EDIT: Will wait a pair of hours, then I'll made the blog with the compensations.

Since has passed some time, I went ahead with posting the calc with the corrections and the real result here, now is just need to be revised in order to apply the changes.

Okay. Please remember to ask the other calc group members to help with evaluating the blog post calculation.

Okay, but as I mentioned in my last post, you should preferably place notices on the walls of the other calc group members, linking to this thread and the blog post.

Well, since LordXcano accepted the calculation, and Lina Shields has not been active for a while, I suppose so.

Back