• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, why can't Dragon Ball ever have nice things? Even when it gets seamingly good Regen, it turns out it isn't good at all, and it gets bypassed by 2x AP.

"Alternatively, you could read the scan posted above about how he adapted to gain sentience and think properly, and isn't the brute he started off as."

Doomsday was reactively evolving in response to Green Martian trying to mess with his head. How is he going to gain Sentience here...?

"Or you could just pick up and read some comics instead of doing the debater's equivalent of throwing haymakers and hoping one lands."

Or I could not go do that and you, who's supporting doomsday, post these things?

"So instead of BFRing like you've said, it's much more in-character to suicide-bomb someone who's stronger than he is. I'll make a note of that next time I feel like listing off the reasons why Cell dies here."

???

Cell when he tried to Suicide-Bomb Gohan didn't know IT. He gained IT after regenerating from said attempt and becoming Super Perfect, where a Suicide-Bomb wouldn't work as Gohan, just witnessing his dad willingly sacrifice himself, wouldn't mess around with Cell any longer. No chance to get big and blow up, he'd be blown away the moment he tries.

So I have no idea what you're saying.

"

Paulo.junior.969

So, yeah, it seems like Cell's Regen is trash.

5 minutes ago"

Again you're asserting that the entire verse would be vaporized by a >=2x AP advantage. Also as I said above, I'd more preferably chalk it up to PIS and Toriyama not knowing what the hell Vaporization implies and taking Cell's Regenerationn as it is; he can regenerate from cells.

No, I'm not, I'm talking about the specific scene in which Cell is vaporized, which isn't related to the rest of the verse at all, since we're talking about how to bypass Cell's Regen, not anything else, specially seeing how inconsistent fiction can be when it comes to vaporization; also, it really doesn't mater if Toryama doesn't know how vaporization works, if he can't survive attacks that are 2x above him, then he can't survive attacks that are 2x above him, simple as that.

I'm just going to say this one last time before I head off to eat:

Cell was vaporized by a thing.

Doomsday is hilariously more powerful than that thing.

Ergo, Doomsday vaporizes Cell.

Common sense.

"I'm just going to say this one last time before I head off to eat:

Cell was vaporized by a thing.

Doomsday is hilariously more powerful than that thing.

Ergo, Doomsday vaporizes Cell.

Common sense."

Cell was vaporized by a possibly exotic thing

Doomsday is hilariously more powerful than that thing

Ergo, under certain interpretations, Doomsday vaporizes Cell.

At least attempt to follow the conversation instead of saying something then saying "Common sense" as if Toriyama or writers care about such trivial concepts.

"No, I'm not, I'm talking about the specific scene in which Cell is vaporized, which isn't related to the rest of the verse at all, since we're talking about how to bypass Cell's Regen, not anything else; also, it really doesn't mater if Toryama doesn't know how vporization works, if he can't survive attacks that are 2x above him, then he can't survive attacks that are 2x above him, simple as that."

You aren't getting what I said. Cell is the combination of all the Z-Fighters and Freeza. He was vaporized by Son Gohan, meaning his Durability was completely overwhelmed. And as Cell is the best aspects of our characters, that means that every DB character would be vaporized by someone of a 2x AP advantage.

His cells being bypassed by a 2x AP advantage means that should someone of a 2x AP advantage attack another DB Character, they'd be vaporized as well. The ONLY way this would make sense is if Cell's cells were weaker than Goku or Gohan's.

Again, vaporization in fiction in inconsinstent, so unless you can get me scans of all the other characters getting vaporized by 2x only, this applies to Cell and that's it.

Also, the writer not carring doesn't mean anything, author intent is mostly irrelevant when it comes to vs debating.

What actually happened takes precedence over how strong cell should theoretically be.

Doomsday can vaporize with fire breath or another attack that has enough aoe but not a normal punch

Akreious said:
At least attempt to follow the conversation instead of saying something then saying "Common sense" as if Toriyama or writers care about such trivial concepts.
I've been following the conversation. Reading everything I've said thus far will tell you that.

Also, the writer of your favorite series not having any common sense doesn't mean that common sense simply doesn't apply in a VS battle involving a character from said series.

...Wait, I think I'm starting to see what the issue is here...

"Also, the writer of your favorite series not having any common sense doesn't mean that common sense simply doesn't apply in a VS battle involving a character from said series."

This is why I'm bringing up PIS now and Toriyama not knowing what the hell Vaporization implies. Common Sense says Cell shouldn't have been vaporized by such a little AP gap, yet it happened. Common sense says Caulifla and Kale shouldn't be at the level of God Goku, and yet it happened. Within less than 10 minutes! Common Sense says Goku, who took bullets to the face as a child and didn't even get a bruise, shouldn't bleed from bullets as an adult who can bust Universes. And yet. It happened.

"Again, vaporization in fiction in inconsinstent, so unless you can get me scans of all the other characters getting vaporized by 2x only, this applies to Cell and that's it.

Also, the writer not carring doesn't mean anything, author intent is mostly irrelevant when it comes to vs debating."

Cell was vaporized by someone 2x stronger than he is

Other characters use the same form as defense as he does

Other characters use the same form of attack that vaporized Cell

Ergo, Cell being vaporized by a 2x AP difference means other characters would get vaporized as well. As King of Negativity would say, Common Sense.

"What actually happened takes precedence over how strong cell should theoretically be."

I never said how strong Cell should be...? What happened was Cell was vaporized by a Ki Blast with possible exotic properties that aren't totally out of the realm of possibility and is actually supported in some form. I never really mentioned Cell's own strength much as the Strength needed to overpower his regen...?

" Common sense says Caulifla and Kale shouldn't be at the level of God Goku, and yet it happened. Within less than 10 minutes! "

I'd argue that this would be a feat for their adaption/reactive evolution/(whatever the proper term is for getting strong mid fight) but the second it's brought up in a thread it would be probably be shouted "NLF!" at.

I personally chalk it up to PIS much like a lot of things; Cell being vaporized amongst them. Caulifla and Kale literally went from casual SS Vegeta level (Scaling from that guy that calls Vegeta his Shishou) to jumping all the way to SSB KKx20 Goku level within a tournament that in total, lasted 48 minutes. All of it.

Also besides a blanket statement of "Cell is more inclined to Suicide Bomb IC" (Which I refuted), is there any other arguments for why Cell wouldn't planet bust? The moment someone was definitely stronger than he was, he immediately pressed the "Planet bust" button as soon as he could.

He can breathe in space so it's moot anyway

Also floating through space without control is something a weak ass clone did, assuming he can do it himself seems right.

> Cell planet busts.

> Doomday survives the planet bust and fire breath Cell with his planetary range.

> Cell dies and Doomsday is alive.

Schnee One said:
He can breathe in space so it's moot anyway
Also floating through space without control is something a weak ass clone did, assuming he can do it himself seems right.
That's the point, DD floats there and... does nothing. Can't fly, can only leap off rocks (Assuming Cell didn't completely dust everything), Cell blasts him a few times with Ki blasts to get rid of him and goes to his own business. Maybe visit Namek.

"> Doomday survives the planet bust and fire breath Cell with his planetary range."

Doomsday survives and misses with speed equalized and with Cell who's already been splattered once or more a few times by now, so he's not going to take the hit and dodge/IT away. DD is floating in space, slowly drifting out of the system while Cell just... sits there. Probably trying to communicate/sense King kai and go to him to snap his neck or something.

"> Cell dies and Doomsday is alive."

Speed is Equalized and the firebreath has to travel across a planetary distance of which Cell has ample amount of time to just float to not where the fire is.

Cell can't move him with Ki blasts, the AP is far to big. And Doomsday just reacts and gains flight anyway

If he misses, he just attacks again until he hits, since Cell doesn't IT away in character, and most just tries to destroy the solar system as SPC, and if Cell flies out of his range, Doomsday ust adapts to gain flight and follows.

"Cell can't move him with Ki blasts, the AP is far to big. And Doomsday just reacts and gains flight anyway"

From everything that's said so far, DD needs to react and adapt to stuff in order to evolve stuff like that. Sentience in order to counter Martian Manhunter, his own Heatvision/Firebreath for Superman's Heatvision, etc.

So DD, unless someone can show me that he can just do it, won't gain flight anyway because his Reactive Evolution is that; Reactive. It has to react to stuff. There's nothing to react to in this case.

Uh, what? DD is floating through space and has no way to anchor himself against the Ki Blasts. A Ki blast would deal no damage but it'd cause DD to move.

"If he misses, he just attacks again until he hits, since Cell doesn't IT away in character, and most just tries to destroy the solar system as SPC, and if Cell flies out of his range, Doomsday ust adapts to gain flight and follows."

And Cell just moves away again. Cell isn't one to get splattered again, that's why he attempted to planet bust in this scenario. To get rid of DD. DD will flat out never hit Cell since Speed is Equalized and the Firebreath has to travel an astronomical (For the battle anyways) before it hits cell; something he won't allow from... being splattered.

You can't just say "Until he hits" because it won't. DD will be floating in empty space and Cell will have all the mobility options in the world. Or what's left of the world.

Show me a scan where DD adapts to gain flight and follows an enemy because again, He has nothing to react to. If I run away from DD on a cosmic Motorcycle, would he evolve wheels on his chest and roll after me?

That was a clone.

Although the idea that the original Doomsday can't do something that an inferior clone could is, to me, ridiculous.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Didn't Doomsday....
adapt to learn how to fly at some point?
That's why I'm asking for scans. I've heard that he did it before, people said it before, so I'm asking where it's from. Context is key and a blank "he just did it" isn't doing it for me.

Hmmm....

Yeah in that case DD FRA. Or well, DD because Cell's main win scenario (Planet bust) ceased to work.

DD vaporizing Cell is a moot point since DD even if he couldn't hurt Cell could grab Cell and fly him to the nearest black hole and just chuck him into it.

Anyhow, I don't think this match should be added. The AP stomp is too high and Cell really has no way to work

(I'd still not use that scan because Doomsday in his Dozens of battles with Super-Man, some with multiple beings that can fly as well, has never adapted to fly)

I know the clone DID adapt to Steel.

But somehow Doomsday despite having been in space for centuries has NEVER, NEVER, adapted to develop that

One way or another the old species that created him knocked him out (dunno how) and sent him away

He woke up when he arrived on earth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back