• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Causality or Fate Manipulation.

Depends on what type of abstract and what they're abstracting, along with what degree of power over fate/causality.

Generally speaking, if the causality or fate manipulation is not able to affect the concept of the abstraction like love/hate/chaos/order/space/time/whatever, then you won't be able to really kill them, at least for the first two abstract sub-types. What you really need is confirmed Conceptual Manipulation.

So if an abstract being is the embodiment of Dreams, thoughts, emotions or Something like eternity (I believe, if the universe is destroyed, eternity dies with it and vice-versa.) Wouldn't Causality and fate be able to affect them, by Something like.

Causality:

Making it where the very existence of the Concept can cause it to be its own undoing.

Making it to where the Universes own Creation is its immediate destruction.

Fate:

Making it where the Concept was never created in the first place.

Making it to where the Creation of the Universe mever happened.

The "mundane" way of just indirectly affecting them by reality warping away the actual thing the abstract embodies, like making sure life never even existed for a life abstract, well that should probably do the trick, yeah.

The real problem with these high-end reality warping battles is that they're mostly dependent on the rules of the verse, or there's problems that arise when the writer has left a lot of what-ifs on how it works. Like, would an abstract die if the concept they were based on stopped existing in their universe, one that that they're never shown to exist outside of, but they belong to a multiversal setting? There's no clear-cut answer to a lot of these questions in the end.

Well, the question I was asking was that can these two abilities affect the Abstract I listed. I don't necessarily want to know if they can kill them, I just want to know if they can disable the ability to be abstract, so they can be permanently killed or defeated by other means.

Back