• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
No Black Cat isn't consistently portrayed as a consistent mid tier street level marvel character. Let alone having a feat on her own to scale to justify such a position. She will however get upgraded eventually to a tier through scaling that'll make it so it'll just reverse the current situation for this. So stomp regardless, someone close this thread.

Litentric Teon said:
Unless Sabretooth is also 1000x stronger than her, then that feat is irrelevant to this match. If Sabretooth is that much stronger, then her tier should be adjusted accordingly. At least after consulting the knowledgeable members on the verse.
Sabretooth is 8-A.

This match is probably unfair no matter which way it swings, tbh.

I'm no Marvel expert though, but it would need to be shown that Black Cat is consistently at the level of people like Sabretooth in order to scale; defeating him once, unless it was some sort of majorly significant plot point to the comics, likely doesn't push her into 8-A on its own.

Unless I'm reading into this improperly, they're not arguing that Black Cat is 8-A. They're arguing that Black Cat used probability manipulation to beat a person who's not only stronger than herself, but also stronger than Catwoman by some leaps and bounds.

Which is the truth, IIRC. Although I don't know if it's consistent enough to use, since she's also failed against people weaker than that before.

I dunno.

Partially because, like every mainstream comic book character, what she does in a fight is thoroughly inconsistent. In this case, it's to the point that you could make a case for either "anytime she doesn't use probability is just her jobbing" or "any time she uses probability properly is just her writer trying to make her better".

Actually, half of the time, it's not even something she actively uses. Times like the scans where bullets and rockets just miss her for no reason are an example of her probability manipulation happening on its own.

MrKing sums up the situation pretty well. Most Marvel vs. DC matches take half the thread to just establish what's consistent for either character.

I'm gonna vote for inconclusive since it seems it can go either way. Catwoman can one shot with any clean hit but Black Cat has the hax and speed advantages

Okay, so

Black Cat: (TitanCrusher101)

Catwoman: Unknown due to peoples opinions changing

Inconclusive: (Iaptus the Impaler, MarvelFanatic119)

SchneeOne, are you retracting your vote for Catwoman in light of BCs speed? If so, are you another inconclusive? I want to know who is still voting for Catwoman.

Black Cat Stomps due to the speed gap and probability I think

Catwomen won't hurt her in years.

Probability manipulation profs very often, and while it diesnt usually defeat characters it dies screw them iver

Even if it only has thatbthough, she can wait until it happens since the speed gap is so wide Catwonen will never hit her....

To everyone calling incon, in terms of feats, I think Black Cat's got this. Let's compare their universes. All around, Spider-Man's specific universe is stronger than Batman's. I know it might seem incon, but I believe it's 65/35 Black Cat. That speed difference is too much.

Black Cat can't harm Catwoman, only way for Black Cat to harm Catwoman is via probability hax making her accidentally hurt herself.

Yes her speed and probability manipulation gives her a big advantage. However, I would like to point out that in the fight with Sabretooth, she physically hurt him by clawing his face, which is inconsistent with their tiers.

I would vote for BC myself if I could, but I can't and I do see the points made. It's 8 inconclusive, 1 for BC, and none for CW right now if I am correct. There are 12 hours left before grace ends. If two or more people decide to change their votes in the next 12 hours because of BC's better feats, the debate can go on. Until than, I will just wait.

Back