• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Card Captor Sakura Upgrade (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not very well. Nothing seems to be happening.

Presumably, yes, although only for the anime versions, going by the above.

CrossverseCrisis gave them all Unknown statistics, in wait for better justifications, but it seems like we won't receive any.

Well, What has been posted here is most likely the clearest "feats" you'll see.

I think we should just go alonh with it, Sakura Card Captor isn't the type or manga where they'll state everything directly. And of course, we need context, brecause the "restoring the universe" thing is indeed true based on the previous volume.

And Sakura did surpass Clow's magic.

Well, if the feats shown in the manga and the anime are very similar to each other, it is likely the tiering for Sakura could be the same as both the anime and manga as well.

Perhaps we should wait until someone who knows more can post on this.

Yes. We need some clarifications, and somebody knowledgeable about the series to improve the profiles.

Antvasima said:
Yes. We need some clarifications, and somebody knowledgeable about the series to improve the profiles.
Yeah, someone needs to benchwatch the anime.

Inoue211 said:
I'm re-reading Holic and just saw this thread. Anyway there's a lot more stuff later on(this is vol 2) if you look for it, mainly Yuuko telling Watanuki stuff and in Tsubasa you'll probably find more but I don't plan on rushing through Holic and Tsubasa is bad(I won't read it again) so I'll just post this, hope it helps as a start at least. Surely someone will post more things

Xxxholic02 c01 014
Clow
Well, that's not Clow Reed and Yuko created the world, but Mokona Modoki, the creator of Rayearth world, did.

All Yuko and Clow Reed did were creating an imitation of Mokona, after Yuko saw it. Before that, she didn't even know the existence of the another world.

Well... the CLAMP-verse itself is consist of various multiverses.

However, we still have to question ourselves. Do any of them (except Mokona who had created Rayearth world) could be equivalent or surpassed enough to universal-scaled busters who can wipe out massive or even countless numbers of galactical objects?

After reading all of CLAMP works, I discovered NONE of proofs or feats have been found; not even planetary-busting-scale at once.

Of course I know that Sakura Tsubasa has the power enough to change the "worlds" and Fei Wong Leed tried to destroy them. But, can we really clarify "Worlds = Universes"? I am strongly doubt.

the word "World" can be the Earth, a single country, an island-scaled size, or even smaller.

And I have no idea how come Sakura became 2-A+ in Russian Wiki. :((

There are so much of false informations... I was very embarrassed.

This series is potentially turning out very similar to the DMC threads that we had earlier a few months ago. If the evidence supporting the upgrade of that specific character is not solid, chances are that the upgrade is not warranted on that character in the first place. There were cases made for Multi-Solar System Dante as well as Universe+ Dante based on scenes from the game, but these evidences weren't just solid enough proof for an upgrade.

This is the case with Cardcaptor Sakura where proof of Sakura being 2-A just isn't directly stated, thus evidence of her being Multiverse+ is flimsy at best, and downright wanking at worst.

Perhaps the best idea here at this point is to compile all of the scenes that Sakura pulls off in the main anime/manga series shown, and do calculations on it to see what tier Sakura belongs in. Considering that Sakura pulls off a Clow Card every episode, there should be a couple of feats from the anime/manga here and there.

The question is, is the anime series canon from the manga?

According to DarkLK, the two series are different, with the anime series being considerably higher tiered.

So should we go with the manga instead by itself? I think that's what DarkLK said to do? Don't remember his exact words, however...

I think that he suggested composite profiles that use the highest anime feats. However, we obviously cannot scale manga only characters from this.

Hmm. Yeah this might be a lot difficult than what i thought it to be.

So it's either we make composite profiles of this verse but don't scale to manga only characters or just use the manga itself but potentially have lower stats....

Just like I said, none of characters in CLAMP-verse showed a single planetary-busting-power or above at all. Just limited to a range of a small town ~ the Earth (considering Eriol puts all mankind in eternal asleep by covering the whole Earth with the Dark card at Sakura's final test.) Even in Tsubasa and XXXHolic, all of those "worlds" are limited to the similar sizes.

The question is, is the anime series canon from manga?

- In some parts, yes. The author Ookawa Nanase, wrote most parts of scriptures in anime.

Hmm. This complicates matters. So no character affected an infinite number of universes within the anime?

If we take what RaynorCraft said as fact, then we may have to make them a lot lower compared to what the ACF wiki has them for...

Well, we need some proof for the higher tiers in any case, but we cannot accept his word at face value. I have more trust for the ACF wiki experts than for somebody I do not know.

@Antvasima: Okay. Well i did say IF we take it as fact. I didn't say it as it's an absolute thing, either.

Experts... hmm. I have zero intention to offend you, but...

Apparently, I trust only 1 out of 20 things that are written in ACF. Most of their profiles are plain wrong.

The ACF seems to be far more thorough and analytical when it comes to anime, manga, and related media than any other character statistics wiki.

However, if I recall correctly, DarkLK has told me that the admins do not closely monitor the other additions, such as western games and comics.

I have doubts that using the anime/composite profiles here would lead to anything good, I personally think sticking to the Manga would be the better solution. Less confusion of who scales to who, and a whole lot more simplistic future upgrades/downgrades for the verse

Okay. I am uncertain myself.

Lord Kavpeny intends to discuss the matter of how to define the regulations for allowing secondary canon characters with DarkLK, but is busy until the 18th of May, so it will likely take a while until this can be applied.

So for the moment, I suppose that going by the manga seems more more appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back