• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Captain Underpants Speed Revisions

So I've been re-reading Captain Underpants and I've noticed one big problem that's been bugging me ever since and it's about CU's speed. Currently, he's as FTL+ based on this calc and the statement of "Would have flown to Uranus and back in 15 minutes or less to grab a kickball", however, there are many big problems with this:
  • This feat never happened anyway in the book, let alone mentioned by any of the characters that he could accomplish this
  • Even if it "did" happen, he wouldn't have needed to go all the way to Uranus as the ball itself literally took 6 books to reach there
So essentially what I'm saying is that the feat itself is invalid. But if this feat is invalid, then tier is Captain Underpants' speed now? Currently, the fastest feat I've found is this feat that he could possibly scale, which would downgrade him to Massively Hypersonic+, possibly much higher.

Adding onto that I believe George and Harold Comics Captain Underpants' speed should be changed from Unknown to FTL as he scales Super Diaper Baby and Super Diaper Dog who both could actually fly to Uranus in a somewhat short time frame.

So overall, Mr. Krupp key CU should be downgraded to; Massively Hypersonic+, possibly much higher and Comic key CU should be changed to FTL (Equal to both Super Diaper Baby and Super Diaper Dog, who both flew to Uranus in a relatively short time frame).

Last edited:
This feat never happened anyway in the book
Weak counterargument, as a feat never happening isn't evidence of the character not being able to do it.

let alone mentioned by any of the characters that he could accomplish this
The Calc page already counters this by saying "If he wouldn't be able to get it in time, why would they not just use another kickball?"

he wouldn't have needed to go all the way to Uranus as the ball itself literally took 6 books to reach there
The issue isn't the ball itself, it's the assumption Captain Underpants needed to go to Uranus and back. Where the ball actually was does not matter, as its just a motivation for Captain Underpants to fly to Uranus.

Adding onto that I believe George and Harold Comics Captain Underpants' speed should be changed from Unknown to FTL as he scales Super Diaper Baby and Super Diaper Dog who both could actually fly to Uranus in a somewhat short time frame.

Agreed. His AP already scales to Super Diaper Baby, so what not Speed?

Also, this thread has no tags. If people want to look for related Captain Underpants threads, they won't find this thread if its not properly tagged.

Weak counterargument, as a feat never happening isn't evidence of the character not being able to do it.
As I mentioned above, nothing implies that he's able to that, in that timeframe.
The Calc page already counters this by saying "If he wouldn't be able to get it in time, why would they not just use another kickball?"
Except... they did use another kickball right after
The issue isn't the ball itself, it's the assumption Captain Underpants needed to go to Uranus and back. Where the ball actually was does not matter, as its just a motivation for Captain Underpants to fly to Uranus.
What makes you think that his motivation was to fly to Uranus? Rather than going around fighting crime like he said right after he transformed. I mean be just looking at the context itself, it seems quite bizarre that someone could get "Would have flown to Uranus and back in 15 minutes or less to grab a kickball" from it.
Also, this thread has no tags. If people want to look for related Captain Underpants threads, they won't find this thread if its not properly tagged.
Tagged

Last edited:
Wow, that scan literally does not show anything about another kickball.

The main issue I have now is that I don’t see a scan of what would imply that he would’ve flown to Uranus for the kickball. Something must’ve implied that yet the scans have being linked on this thread does not imply it, yet someone thought it exists to put it in the same calc page as Super Diaper Baby’s calc.

If a scan isn’t found of someone or the narrator thinking Captain Underpants would’ve flown to Uranus in that time frame, I guess the downgrade can go through.

I may have the book somewhere in my house that I can look through but I don’t know where it is.

If they didn't get another kickball, why would they still be playing only to stop when Captain Underpants flies out of the window instead of stopping after the first ball was kicked into space.
The main issue I have now is that I don’t see a scan of what would imply that he would’ve flown to Uranus for the kickball. Something must’ve implied that yet the scans have being linked on this thread does not imply it, yet someone thought it exists to put it in the same calc page as Super Diaper Baby’s calc.
That's exactly the reason why I made this thread, there's essentially no evidence of anything that implies that he's able to accomplish this feat in such a short timeframe.
I may have the book somewhere in my house that I can look through but I don’t know where it is.
The supposed "feat" happens in the fifth book aka the Wicked Wrath of the Wicked Wedgie Woman

If they didn't get another kickball, why would they still be playing only to stop when Captain Underpants flies out of the window instead of stopping after the first ball was kicked into space.
This is the only thing i can respond to at this time.

Voice Command. They were programmed to act like "normal" children till they heard Tra-la-la!! The Kickball thing only happened because of their power as machines.

The Kickball thing only happened because of their power as machines.
Isn’t that obvious? The point is that they did get a another kickball or why would they still be playing, the point of this CRT is to invalidate the Uranus kickball feat.

Last edited:
? I already did. You asked why they stopped playing when captain underpants flew out of the window. I gave you an answer.

Your question was a response to this ^.

As for why the robots would be still playing, he got a homerun. He didn’t even reach home when Mr. Krupp snapped his fingers.

What were they going to do in the short amount of time between the Principal running inside and Captain Underpants appearing? Move from the Bases to the Grass?

Last edited:
Oh, you misunderstand. I was only addressing the phantom 2nd Kickball. As I don't have the book, I don't have any idea where Captain Underpants was going to fly to before the robots transformed and started attacking him.

If there are no feats or statements that Cap did or was able to fly to Uranus haha to get this kickball then his speed should be downgraded.

I also think the first key's 5-B should be downgraded. "Destroy earth" does not automatically mean "blow the entire planet up at once with a single attack" and it's a statement with no feat supporting it.

I also think the first key's 5-B should be downgraded. "Destroy earth" does not automatically mean "blow the entire planet up at once with a single attack" and it's a statement with no feat supporting it.
I agree with this as well as it's been repeatedly stated that it was "Take over the world" rather than "Destroy the world".

Back