• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The original creator of Broly to this day insists that he is the strongest character in the franchise and could beat Beerus easy.

Toei Broly, mind you.

A lack of domain over all the franchises means that point is Moot honestly. That's kinda like, but not exactly, writing a fanfic character who can beat Goku and claiming he can take on the entire verse, and say it's canon.

If the hype continues then she will probably scale above Thanos and current Thor in Endgame, but for right now we should just go on with the showings in the movie.

in the Khal Drogo case he likely meant Arnold Schwarzenegger Conan rather than the original. Though that comment may still not hold up, I don't remember the movies super well.

Dargoo Faust said:
Also, just to clarify;
Ronan claims that Earth had no capcity to intercept, block, pre-emtively explode, etc the bombs they were firing.

I'm pretty sure this would include stuff like nuclear munitions.
1. She merely stoped the missiles movement. She didn't tanked it's explosion or anything (That clearly weren't nuke level)

2. The statement was referred to Earth's defenses. Something like a forcefield, not that if they nuke'd the missiles they would stop it.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11122/111225346/6832606-9834179922-giphy.gif

She is just flying through the ship while it explodes because the lols I guess

She doesn't even seems to tank the explosion, since they occur behind her while flying. One could argue about the very frist explosion that happened when she entered the ship, though it could just be a photon blast and then she flew pass the explosion.

Captain Marvel should probably be High 6-B. She has similar feats to Hulk and Thor in Ragnarok (Namely punching a giant ship so hard that it explodes).

The statement is meaningless. She's not tier 7 unless a calc member takes a look at the feat and does the math, eyeballing something like that is unreliable.

I'm joining the discussion and i can confirm that we should wait before making any statement to High 6-B or 5-B or anything like that. The only major thing about her is her speed wich is Massively FTL+ to me too but apart from that, there is nothing to say she is definitely Tier 7 or 6.

However, it's pretty obvious she will be far more powerful in Endgame. To me, if the movie follows the logic, she will be At least High 6-B, likely higher or even far higher. I really doubt she will be on Tier 5. I just hope she won't be shown as above complete IG because it will be garbage to me.

Anyway, should we wait until Endgame of can someone already make a profile based on the movie (13/20 to me by the way) and it will be "rectcon" later ?

Watched the movie last night. It'd do alright for a Phase 1 origin movie, but as a Phase 3 movie it is very bland, with cinematography like Thor 1 and space scenes much less colourful than any GotG, Ragnarok or IW.

About Carol's powers, a lot of people said this already, but the hype about her being the strongest hero is criminally absent in this movie. Endgame is a bit over 1 month away anyway so I don't think we should rush for her profile.

Endgame is a bit over 1 month away anyway so I don't think we should rush for her profile.
I second this notion. Starting the profile now isn't worth much if it'll just be updated one month from now.

"About Carol's powers, a lot of people said this already, but the hype about her being the strongest hero is criminally absent in this movie."

Completely agreed. The only "uperpowered" scene is the last act with a few impressive feats (missile, destroying the ship, travelling between galaxies). So yeah, it's better to wait.

Honestly don't think it'd be good as a phase 1 movie either.

Sure it might be comparable to Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 2, but Iron Man 1, First Avenger and to a smaller extent Thor, set up their hero's very well. I cared about them and their relationship with other characters.

Here....Not really.

Honestly, i liked Captain marvel even if it's not one of the best MCU movies. In any case, i think it's a better movie than Black Panther, Thor 1, IM 2 (wich i really like) or Hulk.

ArkhamDC06 said:
Honestly, i liked Captain marvel even if it's not one of the best MCU movies. In any case, i think it's a better movie than Black Panther, Thor 1, IM 2 (wich i really like) or Hulk.
Just out of curiosity, why do you prefer it over BP?

Schnee One said:
Honestly don't think it'd be good as a phase 1 movie either.
Sure it might be comparable to Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 2, but Iron Man 1

Here....Not really.
comparing it to Iron Man 1 is a Sin, Iron Man 1 is arguably the only phase 1 movie that has stood the test of time

Mexicino Because the FX were (almost far)better, the hero was a better one, the plot was better in some ways (despite being extremely classical) and the movie was funnier (seriously, BP jokes are...lame. Most of the time). Also, some characters have been very poorly exploited (Forest Withaker). The only thing that BP actually did better was Killmonger (who is one of the better antagonist in the MCU with Red Skull, Ultron, Ego, Hela and Thanos) but it's not very hard to do so. Just an opinion.

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
False. In flight speed yes, Combat speed she's MHS+ for intercepted a Kree Accuser Missile.
That's not combat speed, that's movement speed. This is a real pet peeve of mine for many profiles that say Hypersonic or whatever and justify it with "Managed to hit ______ before they could react"... that's reaction speed buddy, not combat or movement speed.

Combat speed is how fast you can actively fight and throw punches, movement speed is how fast you can get from point A to point B, and reaction speed is how fast you can observe and respond (usually a single movement as a response).

@Dargoo She flies off into space in what appears to be light speed if my limited Star Wars knowledge is anything to go off of.

Back