• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Canon Blasters

This is weird. My impression is that the general consensus is that handheld blasters in canon are Subsonic.

Currently canon Jango Fett and Boba Fett are scaled to Subsonic based on Blaster bolts being Subsonic, using Mythbysters' calculation. Plenty of non-Force users dodge Blaster bolts, including regular Clone Troops, so if Blasters are Hypersonic or above this would upgrade lots of characters.

The Squadrons video game mention that the velocity of star fighter laser and ion cannons is 2000 m/s (Hypersonic), so it wouldn't make sense for handheld Blasters to be faster than that.

This is weird. My impression is that the general consensus is that handheld blasters in canon are Subsonic.

Currently canon Jango Fett and Boba Fett are scaled to Subsonic based on Blaster bolts being Subsonic, using Mythbysters' calculation. Plenty of non-Force users dodge Blaster bolts, including regular Clone Troops, so if Blasters are Hypersonic or above this would upgrade lots of characters.

The Squadrons video game mention that the velocity of star fighter laser and ion cannons is 2000 m/s (Hypersonic), so it wouldn't make sense for handheld Blasters to be faster than that.
Hm this might be revision worthy if i get those calcs then

Feats > stataments
If is True the Blasters shown hypersonic or higher then that game statament is contradicted

These are the ones I know of:

An other argument is scaling Blasters to Slug Throwers, which should be comparable to real life firearms; a decanonized Legends novel (Shatterpoint) mention hypersonic Slug Throwers.
Though it is possible Slug Throwers are made obsolete by armor, and Blasters are widely used despite being slower due to their firepower and ease of maintenance.

These are the ones I know of:

An other argument is scaling Blasters to Slug Throwers, which should be comparable to real life firearms; a decanonized Legends novel (Shatterpoint) mention hypersonic Slug Throwers.
Though it is possible Slug Throwers are made obsolete by armor, and Blasters are widely used despite being slower due to their firepower and ease of maintenance.
Thanks for these

Back