• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can Your Fave Survive Home Alone?

Your favorite character has just received a lucrative deal from TOAA: Murder Kevin McCallister, and anything they desire is theirs... Wealth, fame, power, and happiness are all but guaranteed should they survive the trials that follow. The task is not an easy one, however, as Kevin has already filled his house with devious traps meant to hinder and possibly even kill his assailant. Furthermore, to make the game a bit more interesting, TOAA has allowed Kevin access to any weapons and equipment he desires, from any fictional universe.

The rules are as follows:
-Kevin has 24 hours of prep time and prior knowledge of his assassin.

-While Kevin has access to theoretically any equipment, he must be able to reasonably acquire it. For instance, he cannot take the Arc-Gurren Lagann, as he has no way to transport it. Similarly, if he wishes to use The Infinity Gauntlet, he must find a way to relinquish it from Thanos' possession.

-Kevin has an infinite stock of money with which to purchase equipment, no age/time restrictions on what he can purchase, and most things that can reasonably be transported to him will be delivered by a delivery crew near instantly after he decides he needs it. What he can have transported to him can still be restricted if it is unreasonable to transport, however. Furthermore, the item must be available for purchase to begin with.

-Kevin is assumed to have his base statistics. However, he is allowed to use equipment that increases his statistics (eg; Compound V)

-For the sake of fairness, passive hax or instant-kill hax are restricted; Your character must be physically able to reach Kevin and kill him.

-Kevin may not use equipment of a tier significantly higher than his opponent. For instance, he cannot use the Mini-Hakkero against Solid Snake. He is still able to use equipment that is 9-B or lower regardless of his opponent's tier.

-The house is indestructible, so your character cannot destroy it for an easy victory. Kevin may still jury-rig the house to fall apart in parts for the sake of a trap.

-Victory for Kevin is achieved if your character is killed or incapacitated for over 12 hours. Victory for your character is achieved if they kill Kevin.

-Kevin is bloodlusted.

Let the games begin...
unknown.png

Last edited:
Yu (The Boxer) is who I will be choosing out of my list of favored characters.

In terms of avoiding traps, they would have to be placed in a very cramped/backed-up area for Yu to not be capable of completely avoiding them. Yu's ability to see the world in such a state that it appears in slow motion would allow him ample time to adjust and react to traps that may damage him, due to this ability's nature of allowing him to avoid attacks that he could never be capable of seeing coming otherwise. He is more than nimble enough to avoid rapid barrages of attacks, which would help if he is somehow trapped in a place that has multiple/mixtures of traps.

Given he is also able to avoid attacks that he would normally be impossible to avoid despite his speed and reactions through sheer martial skill, no amount of traps Kevin can set-up will be capable of getting the jump on Yu.

Yu can avoid traps individually, in quantity, and fast-acting traps, so all in all, unless Kevin gets his hands on some form of firearm and sets it up as a trap, which is unlikely, since he is a child and lacks the funds to purchase a firearm anyway, most of his traps will be completely ineffective on Yu. Once Yu is able to find Kevin a single hit to the head would literally scramble his brains inside-out and kill him instantly.

Yu clears.

In terms of avoiding traps, they would have to be placed in a very cramped/backed-up area for Yu to not be capable of completely avoiding them. Yu's ability to see the world in such a state that it appears in slow motion would allow him ample time to adjust and react to traps that may damage him, due to this ability's nature of allowing him to avoid attacks that he could never be capable of seeing coming otherwise. He is more than nimble enough to avoid rapid barrages of attacks, which would help if he is somehow trapped in a place that has multiple/mixtures of traps.

Given he is also able to avoid attacks that he would normally be impossible to avoid despite his speed and reactions through sheer martial skill, no amount of traps Kevin can set-up will be capable of getting the jump on Yu.

Yu can avoid traps individually, in quantity, and fast-acting traps, so all in all, unless Kevin gets his hands on some form of firearm and sets it up as a trap, which is unlikely, since he is a child and lacks the funds to purchase a firearm anyway, most of his traps will be completely ineffective on Yu. Once Yu is able to find Kevin a single hit to the head would literally scramble his brains inside-out and kill him instantly.

Yu clears.
I can't think of a lot of 9-A equipment that can get past that, so yeah, I agree.

Maybe I should give Kevin infinite money or something too, idk

Even if he has the money he's a child so he cannot legally purchase most weapons.

Even if he has the money he's a child so he cannot legally purchase most weapons.
I think we're applying a little too much logic to the scenario of "god wants you to kill a child but has given the child infinite money with which to attempt to kill you".

If it's really necessary I can remove the age restriction for purchasable items though.

Well, considering the circumstances I think allowing him some clearance to purchase things he normally wouldn't be able to is pretty fair game, considering that this is a child and most people shouldn't be allowed to murder one. Legality matters little in this debate.

I think we're applying a little too much logic to the scenario of "god wants you to kill a child but has given the child infinite money with which to attempt to kill you".

If it's really necessary I can remove the age restriction for purchasable items though.
-While Kevin has access to theoretically any equipment, he must be able to reasonably acquire it. For instance, he cannot take the Arc-Gurren Lagann, as he has no way to transport it. Similarly, if he wishes to use The Infinity Gauntlet, he must find a way to relinquish it from Thanos' possession.
This is what you said in the OP. Kevin must be able to reasonably acquire his equipment.

Unless you say so, he's unable to legally purchase a lot of things, so if you want him to be able to do so then you can add it as a thing in the OP. I'm simply going by what I read.

This is what you said in the OP. Kevin must be able to reasonably acquire his equipment.

Unless you say so, he's unable to legally purchase a lot of things, so if you want him to be able to do so then you can add it as a thing in the OP. I'm simply going by what I read.
I personally took "reasonably acquire" as something that isn't like, literally impossible for him to obtain/move to his house. Like not being able to utilize abstract concepts or things too large to be transported by typical transportation devices.

Though honestly this was more of an issue with rules needing more definition.

I'll go with Goro Majima for this one.

Imma say that I feel like Goro can take this one, the guy is stupidly nimble and can trade blows with Kiryu who can dodge point blank gunshots iirc. Heck if Majima wanted he could just get the house demolished with his construction business or something lol.

I personally took "reasonably acquire" as something that isn't like, literally impossible for him to obtain/move to his house. Like not being able to utilize abstract concepts or things too large to be transported by typical transportation devices.

Though honestly this was more of an issue with rules needing more definition.
I took "reasonably acquire" as well, uh, reasonably acquire lol. As in, stuff that he can, within reason, acquire. Not just bullshit abstract garbage lmao.

Imma say that I feel like Goro can take this one, the guy is stupidly nimble and can trade blows with Kiryu who can dodge point blank gunshots iirc. Heck if Majima wanted he could just get the house demolished with his construction business or something lol.
The rules specifically state that the house cannot be demolished. The chosen character has to maneuver through the house to reach Kevin himself.

Yeah fair. I'll add the following rule to the OP:
"He has an infinite stock of money, no age/time restrictions on what he can purchase, and most things that can reasonably be transported to him will be delivered by a delivery crew near instantly after he decides he needs it. What he can have transported to him is still restricted if it is unreasonable to transport, however. Furthermore, the item must be available for purchase to begin with."

I'll allow this exception to the rules because it's objectively the funniest way Majima could win.

Even so Majima's acrobatic enough to do stuff like this. He can also do this somehow and just because. I reckon he can dodge most traps that can typically be put in a house I'd say.

Heck he could just crossdress as Goromi to traumatise the kid and win via Incap lol.
I didn't even consider the shadow clones, they could trigger traps safely without the real Majima being in danger :v

Frankly it's a little weird that Majima would even accept an assassination contract on someone, let alone a child, after Yakuza 0

Yu clears.
Now that Kevin potentially has access to firearms and such, Yu's options for dodging are now extremely limited depending on where Kevin finds it necessary to set these up. Assuming he is capable of creating a mechanism that would make these weapons fire/launch without his physical intervention, that is. Assuming he can, has has limited areas in which he can set them up, and he has limited ability to set them up due to not ever having handled firearms before, especially not in the way he'd have to be doing so in order to make them an effective trap. 24 hours, with his limited experience, won't give Kevin the amount of time necessary to properly/excessively set-up traps using his new equipment. He'd have to limit the amount of the traps to wide areas, such as the entrance/living area, the kitchen, and other areas, but again, with his limited time and limited experience with weapons, so attempting to stock these wide areas with weapon-based traps will only end up in the traps being poorly applied/created, or it will have Kevin waste his 24 hours trying to exploit his newfound funds. In the end, should Kevin decide to do this, it will only make things marginally harder for Yu.

He can purchase explosives if he pleases, which, honestly, will be far more effective than any form of firearm. Getting Yu to trigger said explosives will be difficult, though, assuming they cannot be remotely activated. If they cannot be, then it's likely Yu will be capable of avoiding activating them. And even if they can be remotely activated, Yu won't be going into any areas that have anything that could be seen as an explosive/dangerous trap, it's extremely likely he'll attempt to avoid places trapped with these to the best of his ability, and as such he'd be taking various routes throughout the house and avoiding traps all the while, which would only drain stamina through having to avoid traps throughout the entire house, especially when it comes to completely avoiding explosives before they even go off.

I will say that Yu takes this with far more difficulty than previously. But what limits Kevin here is his own technical inexperience. If he really knew what he was doing, he could very well take Yu out with firearms/explosives, but as a child, his knowledge is limited, and Yu's isn't, he has the skill, the speed, the perception and adaptability to get him through dangerous situations, and in the end, he'll get to Kevin after having exhausted most of Kevin's traps, and in the end, all it will take...

is one punch.

Yeah plus Majima's got fear manip, if a skilled fighter like Ichiban ***** himself without even knowing the eyepatch guy I can't imagine Kevin fairing much better.

Onto some other folks I know.

Nagito Komadea: He'd try to fall into every single trap, but bullshit luck means no to him dying.

The Courier: Courier just pulls social influencing from outside the house and wins via that.

Zero constantly trains to kill hundreds of people for years, including entire villages. He show being capable to turn basically anything that comes into his hands into a lethal weapon capable of hitting his enemies precisely on the head at the first attempt while simultaneously doing somersaults. Zero is near untouchable in combat against numerous armed assassins, and he could defeat Headhunter despite her superior equipment and assistance from others. And the most important, as a Gamma NULL, Zero is far superior in terms of skill than an Alpha NULL and an Beta NULL, who have only a 7% to 13% chance of passing a skill test, while an Gamma NULL has 100%

With his precog Zero is able to foresee every minimal moment and its various possibilities until he is able to overcome a fight without getting a single scratch, being able to stay for eternity inside his mind until he finds the right alternative and then execute it perfectly. Zero is not only able to predict simple movements, but is also able to see the various possibilities of a card game, a trap explosion, a person's dialogue and expressions, a surprise attack, a person's suicide and ideas. Zero is even able to use precongation while in the effects of Sleep Manipulation, Illusion Manipulation, Perception Manipulation and Mind Manipulation, even when his mind is completely collapsed thanks to the lack of Chronos in his blood. Even if he fights an opponent who has resistance to precognition Zero is still able to repeat his precognition hundreds and hundreds of times, bigger and better, as he did in his fight against Headhunter, who besides having resistance to precognition also has the same ability. Besides, Headhunter says that every time she dies in the fight against Zero she watch time expand into the infinite fractal of possibility, which probably refers to the infinite variations of her fight against Zero, since they fight could last for all eternity and she says about "We have no limits" in the same line

EDIT: I forgot about his timehax

Even if Zero dies, time returns to the point where he was still alive. The Chronos supply is returns along with the rest of the universe, as Headhunter go back in time for fun several hundred times, although she is absolutely afraid and is capable to fight forever while die several times than give up and lose the Chronos from her body

But after all, he loses, since he can't kills kids 😔

Last edited:
Just to add on with The Courier. His Social Influencing is so busted he only really needs a sentence for it to work, guy's talked down folks who were bloodlusted towards him and his own brain on intelligence increasing drugs. He'll just get Kevin to come out the house and then blast him with Vats gg

Fun thought experiment, what if Kevin also utilized Chronos.

Zero is a very very good choice for this situation though, his haxx is very potent, his tier isn't too high so Kevin can't utilize things that could counter him well, he can literally execute every possible way Kevin could take him out and more.
Being fair, Zero probably can't even see a real child without collapsing. So no matter what happens, Zero is not going to be able to beat this. The only way would be if Kevin magically becomes 10 years older

But yes, Zero simply destroys any possible arsenal without difficulty, especially considering his speed Which should be MFTL

Back