• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can we make mythology profiles?

(Turkish mythology) note= Sources will be inscriptions and Turkish history institution

Note 2 = Believing in Tengrism, I don't think there are people left, maybe a few villages

Not really, they do not have a canon at all, the stories contradict each other a fuckton of times, the guys that wrote this believed that magic makes up physics or that the Earth was flat, and Modern Paganism is a thing.

Not really, they do not have a canon at all, the stories contradict each other a fuckton of times, the guys that wrote this believed that magic makes up physics or that the Earth was flat, and Modern Paganism is a thing.
I said that too but I guess they only believe "ooh magic english man!" lol

(I do think that allowing mythological beings and gods on the wiki should be a thing but only within specific fictional works such as adding Athena but specifically from the Illiad)

Not in this wiki but i would love if we could scale Greek, Hindu, Norse and countless of other mythologies on profiles, count me as an supporter if such thing ever happens one day.

I don't think that should be allowed, even though my opinion doesn't matter much.

I've studied turkish mythology and it would be fun as hell to have profiles of it like the Kök Tengri god, they also have gods with fate manipulation and other hax etc, but again this wouldn't be allowed in vs battle.
I am turkish and I heard myth peaks at 1-B or High 1-B with Acasuality 5

And? Does this make their perception of physics less flawed? They barely had the comprehension of physics and maths that we have today.
Just wanna add somenthing, journey to the west is a reeeaaaaalllyyyy old piece of mythology novel and we still accept it as a tier 1 verse, so this doesn't stop others from reaching such levels too.

It was a fun time in the wiki. Too bad they cancel-cultured mythology over there being very few adherents to Greek and Norse mythology.

Personally, I think tall-tales (ex. Paul Bunyan, Pecos Bill, and John Henry) should've stayed after the mythology wipe because they don't adhere to religion plus, at the very least in John Henry's case, they follow a singular canon.

(I do think that allowing mythological beings and gods on the wiki should be a thing but only within specific fictional works such as adding Athena but specifically from the Illiad)
This is what we do already:
As such, we only make exceptions for mythologies that are based on specific fictional works separate from any mainstream religion, such as Journey to the West and the Shahnameh, that can provide reasonably high coherence and accuracy for our purposes, and lessen the offence to religious believers.
here

Back