• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can the inverse square law be used to calculate AP?

So in the third MHA movie we see Deku and Bakugo punch away Nine's storm. Seeing as the shockwave created from their punch expanded to about the size of the island as it got closer to the storm, does that mean we
Screenshot_20230904-200832_Samsung_Internet.jpg
can use the inverse square law to calculate how powerful the punch itself is? according to TheRustyOne, itcan be used if we use this formula. But im not sure how valid it is.

Another feat that could be calculated using this would be the SNS missile feat. since the shockwave from the explosion caused the clouds to separate, would that mean we could use the inverse square law to calculate this? Here is a calc that does use it but im not sure if its done right or not

It's written on the wiki as being alright.

Where do you think I got the formula in the first place?

Edit: I'm also wondering who you are, since this is a bit strange for your first ever post. I'm assuming you're just a lurker, but I wanted to ask.
Didn't notice that the formula was on there, still, would it work for the Deku and Bakugo calc? And i found your comment from a guy i have been talking with on disc, he used the formula to upgrade the Deku and Bakugo calc so i was just wondering how valid it was. This is my first time posting cuz my account only got accepted today.

The calculation being linked by the OP is absurd.

The inverse square law is being used wrong, the explosion fireball isn't the entirety of the shockwave.

The shockwave is far bigger than the fireball as we see it split those clouds. Your calculation is contradicting what is actually shown.

But the calculation being used in that calculation is also incorrect as well. The cloud density is wanked to be 1.78 kg per m^3, which is absurd as that's higher than the air density at seal level. Cloud density and air density get lower the higher something up is.

As such we use this calculator to get the density of a cloud.

The average ocean depth is 3.7 km, I have no idea where they're getting 5 km from as they offer nothing to support this notion. And the reason for only using a small part of the ocean's depth for the 5 km depth is baseless. That's also ignoring the fact they're also using the unofficial scans that came from leaks as well.

Edit: I did my own version that took account the inverse square law, trying to see if I could find the shockwave's size despite being invisible to us.

The calculation being linked by the OP is absurd.

The inverse square law is being used wrong, the explosion fireball isn't the entirety of the shockwave.

The shockwave is far bigger than the fireball as we see it split those clouds. Your calculation is contradicting what is actually shown.

But the calculation being used in that calculation is also incorrect as well. The cloud density is wanked to be 1.78 kg per m^3, which is absurd as that's higher than the air density at seal level. Cloud density and air density get lower the higher something up is.

As such we use this calculator to get the density of a cloud.

The average ocean depth is 3.7 km, I have no idea where they're getting 5 km from as they offer nothing to support this notion. And the reason for only using a small part of the ocean's depth for the 5 km depth is baseless. That's also ignoring the fact they're also using the unofficial scans that came from leaks as well.

Edit: I did my own version that took account the inverse square law, trying to see if I could find the shockwave's size despite being invisible to us.
It isnt my calc incase you thought it was

I didn't think it was your calc.

I phrased my sentence like that in hopes that it would've been clear. Apologies if I still confused you on that.

Didn't notice that the formula was on there, still, would it work for the Deku and Bakugo calc? And i found your comment from a guy i have been talking with on disc, he used the formula to upgrade the Deku and Bakugo calc so i was just wondering how valid it was. This is my first time posting cuz my account only got accepted today.
It works for the Heroes Rising feat, however the results are an outlier and not worth anything. As I've checked it myself.

The results are many times stronger than anything else the verse struggles to perform.

Back