• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can superior Lifting Strength bypass durability?

Let's say we were to pit a character 5-B character against a 5-A character (Both Baseline). Could the 5-B character bypass the 5-A character's Large Planet level durability through having an enormous lifting strength advantage? Could the 5-B crush the 5-A character with significantly stronger lifting strength?

Last time I checked. No. At best, the 5-B would be able to restrain the 5-A from moving, but a tap from the 5-A is a GG for the 5-B

Last time I checked. No. At best, the 5-B would be able to restrain the 5-A from moving, but a tap from the 5-A is a GG for the 5-B
Regardless of the lifting strength difference? Seems strange. Does this only apply to finite lifting strength? Or would it apply to Infinite and above?

I dunno if it's even possible for a 5-B to have Infinite lifting strength and beyond without being High 3-A...

Realistically, probably not. But hypothetically, under the premise said character was shown to lift infinite weight, but his max power output was only shown to be 5-B, I would find it weird that even infinite pressure (Or heck, even thousands of times for that matter) wouldn't somehow crush/kill the person with far inferior lifting strength. That's like thousands of times more pressure than your body can support. Like slowly setting a skyscraper on a human for comparison. Especially since some fictional stories showcase utilizing lifting strength to crush an opponent or objects

In principle, no, you do not bypass durability by having higher lifting strength. However, if the different is notable enough, the one with higher LS can restrain the other, and if the one with higher dura is conserve its elasticity, it could be suffocated due compliming respiratory tracks and lungs.

It doesn't bypass durability via ls alone. However, there are cases where ls doubles as a ss feat. But ls alone is pointless when it comes to harming high durable characters. Only restrain them.

If it's gravity manipulation then I can see it

Say they fight someone who has class T lifting strength for everything and can use gravity manipulation on that person to pin them down

If they did the same tuning to someone with class K lifting strength they would die and get pancaked under that gravity

Back