• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can Solid Snake really survive a 30 Megaton Bomb?

The other day a Youtuber (Who I will not name or link because I don't want to start drama) who scales Metal Gear characters and sometimes scales Star Wars characters and other various characters from other verses said in a livestream after I asked him (who would win in a fight) that Solid Snake would beat Master Chief in a fight. Ok that's a debatable topic fair enough, I then proceeded to ask him who would win in a fight between Solid Snake and The Didact, surprisingly he said that Solid Snake would be The Didact in a fight and I even later asked him if Solid Snake could survive a 30 Megaton Nuclear Bomb, I actually expected him to say that Solid Snake could not survive a 30 megaton nuclear bomb however he seemed to believe that Solid Snake could survive a 30 megaton nuclear bomb.

This leaves me with three questions I have to ask the other members of verses battle wiki.

Can Solid Snake beat Master Chief?

Can Solid Snake beat The Didact?

Can Solid Snake really survive a 30 Megaton Nuclear Bomb.

Again I have to say that I feel like the first question is debatable, however I do not feel like the other two questions favor Solid Snake, however I know I could possibly be wrong in my assumptions and that is why I am asking the members of versus battle wiki what they think of these questions.

It's usually not the best practice albeit not really against any rules simply make a thread mostly because someone has been watching some random YouTubers But to answer the questions one by one.

Yes, Snake is of a higher tier and much speed rating; though they also have some dated or iffy calculations but Snake has other Tier 8 feats even if they don't quite reach 8-B. Volgin's lightning should just be High 8-C and it may not fully scale to durability and just be specific for heat based attacks. And his High Hypersonic speed calcs are definitely way better than Master Chief being just barely Supersonic.

Debatable, he does still have a huge speed advantage, but he's still have a lot to worry about the composer. I'd just go with inconclusive for the time being but I need to tackle the last one.

I'd say no. No one in Metal Gear has any stats surpassing High 7-C. That's only hundreds of Kilotons and not a single Megaton. Not even Raiden or Armstrong have feats reaching that. Though I must say, not even Didact should scale from the 30 megaton bomb. It has been revealed in story boards, Master Chief's statement from Halo 5, and some statements in a more recent book about Master Chief's autobiography that there was no 30 megaton durability feat in the first place. Didact fell into a slipspace portal and escape well before the Havok detonated. Also, Master Chief was rescued by Cortana and transported to safety before the Havok detonated; so it would not scale anyway.
Furthermore, even if they did happen. It would be outlierish given that Didact was significantly injured by a Pulse Grenade before the incident which had much lower impact than the nuke and would only be High 8-C at best. Not only that, Didact struggled to break even a couple hardlight shackles, which the bridge that's clearly much thicker, much better designed, and much more durable than those shackles or the alleged shield have any right to be was also effortlessly obliterated by the Havok and also killed all remaining Prometheans on board. But I still have a long way to go to revise all that with all these things on my plate that wasn't able to do via RL work stress + hardware issues combination.

But at the end of the day, I don't think it's accurate to say Snake is even close to reaching the potency to survive a 30 megaton bomb.

It's usually not the best practice albeit not really against any rules simply make a thread mostly because someone has been watching some random YouTubers But to answer the questions one by one.

Yes, Snake is of a higher tier and much speed rating; though they also have some dated or iffy calculations but Snake has other Tier 8 feats even if they don't quite reach 8-B. Volgin's lightning should just be High 8-C and it may not fully scale to durability and just be specific for heat based attacks. And his High Hypersonic speed calcs are definitely way better than Master Chief being just barely Supersonic.

Debatable, he does still have a huge speed advantage, but he's still have a lot to worry about the composer. I'd just go with inconclusive for the time being but I need to tackle the last one.

I'd say no. No one in Metal Gear has any stats surpassing High 7-C. That's only hundreds of Kilotons and not a single Megaton. Not even Raiden or Armstrong have feats reaching that. Though I must say, not even Didact should scale from the 30 megaton bomb. It has been revealed in story boards, Master Chief's statement from Halo 5, and some statements in a more recent book about Master Chief's autobiography that there was no 30 megaton durability feat in the first place. Didact fell into a slipspace portal and escape well before the Havok detonated. Also, Master Chief was rescued by Cortana and transported to safety before the Havok detonated; so it would not scale anyway.
Furthermore, even if they did happen. It would be outlierish given that Didact was significantly injured by a Pulse Grenade before the incident which had much lower impact than the nuke and would only be High 8-C at best. Not only that, Didact struggled to break even a couple hardlight shackles, which the bridge that's clearly much thicker, much better designed, and much more durable than those shackles or the alleged shield have any right to be was also effortlessly obliterated by the Havok and also killed all remaining Prometheans on board. But I still have a long way to go to revise all that with all these things on my plate that wasn't able to do via RL work stress + hardware issues combination.

But at the end of the day, I don't think it's accurate to say Snake is even close to reaching the potency to survive a 30 megaton bomb.

Apologies for the late response, however I just wanted to ask if it would be accurate to say that in a speed equalized scenario Master Chief vs Solid Snake would be an inconclusive fight and Ur Didact vs Solid Snake would result in Ur Didact winning the fight?

MGS profiles outdated as ****, in both terms of stats and abilities (There's some wacky hax and abilities not mentioned at all, like Solid Snake has passives with optional equipment. And Big Boss is missing unironically like 70% of his equipment. They could probably hax dudes out of their paygrade if they really wanted but in a fist fight? Idk about that lad).
No he can't survive a nuke, not even close, the only thing implied to be able to tank a nuke is Peace Walker and only kinda unless you wanna get semantic and say The Sorrow or something, though looking at some potential values and potential feats for Rising dudes (As in just Armstrong and Raiden), I got some things in the low megaton values, so like maybe Armstrong or Raiden could survive one, but I wouldn't say tank, at all, mostly due to immortality type 2 and healing making up for the difference, but that's only if those higher feats check out, which I can't confirm or deny.

The only way Snake is living a 30 megaton bomb is if he's like a few kilometers away from it.

Apologies for the late response, however I just wanted to ask if it would be accurate to say that in a speed equalized scenario Master Chief vs Solid Snake would be an inconclusive fight and Ur Didact vs Solid Snake would result in Ur Didact winning the fight?
We once had a fight, and it ended with Snake winning via being physically stronger, better lifting strength and smarter to make use of lifting strength tactics. And speed was equalized; it basically turned out like a DCAU Lobo vs Kalibak. But Didact would win speed equalized via composer even with an otherwise massive downgrade in order.

But Chariot is basically right mostly at least.

Back