• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can genjutsu work on inanimate beings?

Yeah if the soul is in the doll or puppet then they're getting genjutsued. so you'd have to prove the doll or puppet doesn't have such a thing.

Yeah if the soul is in the doll or puppet then they're getting genjutsued. so you'd have to prove the doll or puppet doesn't have such a thing.
Well gowther doesn’t have a soul it’s on his profile. Since when do dolls and robots have souls? Also is their any scans that genjutsu affects the soul since the strongest genjutsu in the verse didn’t work on the edo tensei of all things

Also is their any scans that genjutsu affects the soul since the strongest genjutsu in the verse didn’t work on the edo tensei of all things
sasuke effected edo itachi. and the infinite tsukuyomi didn't effect them because it targeted people who were alive not dead. Itachi got effected by Kotoamatsukami.

sasuke effected edo itachi. and the infinite tsukuyomi didn't effect them because it targeted people who were alive not dead. Itachi got effected by Kotoamatsukami.
Moulding chakra comes from organs, idk who told you otherwise

We've seen 2 edo tensei bleed from abilities that require or produce bleeding when they're alive. That's not inconsistent.

Anyways, you could make an argument if they had any type of organic brain, but things like puppets or dolls, no
This basscially. And scans for saskue affecting edo itachi?

This basscially. And scans for saskue affecting edo itachi?
Funny enough Kabuto, the master of the edo tenseis used genjutsu on itachi as well and it worked.
0585-008.png

0585-009.png

0585-013.png

Then they break each other other.

Yeah idc. genjutsu can effect bijus, edo tenseis, and souls. Being a puppet doesn't really matter if u can't prove they don't have a mind or a soul.
Edo Tensei are zombies not souls. Biju have physical bodies in the real world

Edo Tensei are zombies not souls
They are souls summoned to the real world in temporary inorganic bodies, not "zombies". They literally have inorganic physiology on their page bruh, yeah like I said if he's got a mind then the puppet is getting effected.

It depends on the GJ, if its the conventional illusions that work without messing with your foe's brain/nervous system I dont see why not
Yeah but Genjutsu doesn't work on souls Edo tensei are zombies they are actually corpses with their souls remember kabuto Edo Tensei Jutsu? Also, Edo Tensei can hear and talk so they are not just paper. They can bleed like kingtempest explained.
It depends on the GJ, if its the conventional illusions that work without messing with your foe's brain/nervous system I dont see why not
Yes but a robot or doll won't be affected we already went over this with Ultron for an example

They are still souls just bound to a body

I saw the comment. Not ALL genjutsu manipulates the inner energy of the foe
During the chunin exams 2 chunin made an illusion that made 201 look like 301 without messing with team 7s chakra flow

They are still souls just bound to a body

I saw the comment. Not ALL genjutsu manipulates the inner energy of the foe
During the chunin exams 2 chunin made an illusion that made 201 look like 301 without messing with team 7s chakra flow
Read king tempest's arguments
A robot is wholly different to a puppet lol. One's mind is digital and the other is some disembodied aspect of them like a soul or consciousness.

I did he's talking about organic matter and stuff and edos being able to bleed etc. I'm saying there are some genjutsu that work like your traditional illusions (mysteiro from the mcu) that have NOTHING to do with the physiology of the opponent

I did he's talking about organic matter and stuff and edos being able to bleed etc. I'm saying there are some genjutsu that work like your traditional illusions (mysteiro from the mcu) that have NOTHING to do with the physiology of the opponent
Actually, kabuto used corpses to resurrect people as Edo Tensei
I agree with that then

Back