• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can current Goku resist genjutsu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't close the thread. It's good discussion. Why does a discussion have to always yield results anyway. Can't we just express our opinions? God..

Then explain why the Sharingan didn't work on Ay, who wasn't a tailed beast and apparently had chakra frying his brain that made Genjutsu from the basic Sharingan not work. I'm just stating my view on this, nothing about Content Revisions or changing anything on the Wiki. You guys really need to get out of that thought process, thinking that whatever discussion is ever held here must be with the goal of changing something. Or should I make a general discussion thread myselfM

You can express you opinion but you also have to accept facts,a character A cant have resistance to hax B if he never showed resistance to it,his tier is irrelevant,unless he is diamensionaly above.

Sharingan didnt work on Ay?What chapter is that?Also keep in mind that a person with a simple 3 tomoe sharingan can have a superior genjutsu to another simple sharingan user.Itachi noted that.

I'm saying that might not be the case and giving a detailed list of reasons as to why. That argument is too simplistic and excludes serval relevant variables. I could write them all over, but you're probably not interested in seeing things from the way I understand it. All I can say is that it depends on the hax and the nature of said hax. Transmutation on a wall level being would require far less energy than it would to manipulate a planet level being, logically speaking. Stating that Hax is hax without thinking about it makes anyone with hax have NLF on who it can use it on without anyone using the hax needing to prove its relevant. I don't know why people can't understand that, no offense to anyone here.

This wiki isn't an end all be all. The way they do things isn't perfect, and, without any disrespect intended to ANY STAFF, there's no way to change their procedure to a different model-- even if my argument made sense. The changes would be too much work for them.

You can look up the fight against Sasuke Vs Ay. It was right there.

http://i.imgur.com/wMqQ5XP.png

I'm fairly certain that you'll see what I meant when you look up the fight itself, but if I'm mistaken, then I am mistaken about this. Still doesn't change my argument. People keep saying that Genjutsu doesn't care about who's stronger, and I would argue the opposite because of the nature of its use. I've said it multiple times.

Sasuke didnt use genjutsu against Ay,Ay meant that even the sharingan user cant fight h2h with him because he is just faster.But in the end Sasuke was able to outplay Ay and hit him with a chidory.

I mean, I might have misinterpreted that, so that one part about the synapses firing should be debunked. Although, I do find it fishy as to why Sasuke didn't Genjutsu Ay and chose to go after Cee instead. Genjutsing Ay seemed like a smarter idea. PIS? Or maybe he couldn't do it? The latter seems more likely IMO, but, I digress.

However, everything else is as I said. To say that Goku is vulnerable to any Genjutsu user from Naruto is to say that anyone from Naruto's verse can manipulate Goku's Energy. Energy powerful enough to destroy a solar system trillions of times over. Sounds like a feat worthy claim to me. Coupled with the fact that the reason why a Biju can't be affected by normal Genjutsu (although never stated) is either due to its sheer power or because of the Tailed Beast's composition. It's made of Chakra. How the hell would you even begin to place it under Genjutsu when it's brain and chakra points are likely the same damn thing from an anatomical perspective.

But this is my take on it.

I remembered why Sasuke didnt use genjutsu.It is because Ay wasnt alone,he was there with Darui and a skilled genjutsu user(i forgot his name)so they could help Ay,or Kishi just forgot about Sasukes genjutsu.

"the reason why a Biju can't be affected by normal Genjutsu (although never stated) is either due to its sheer power or because of the Tailed Beast's composition"

I really dont know,they have some kind of resistance and only MS users can affect them.

Well, I doubt even the MS was necessary, since it's pattern didn't show up on Kurama's eye. I think it was just raw skill and Hax potency from Madara and other Madara (Obito).

But let's take a moment to appreciate how ******* skilled Narutoverse's Chi Manipulators are. Just... ****, I downplayed like hell. Still doesn't prove they can control that amount of power.

Let's say it could work, though.

According to Deidara vs Itachi, and several other fight-- Deidara vs Sasuke, and Sasuke Vs Danzo (btw, the former doubted his capabilities in placing the latter under Genjutsu, implying that skill is necessary to do shit like this, Strengthening my point)-- it's possible for the target to use it's attacks and offensively Manipulate their Chakra while under Genjutsu. Also, there was a statement when Naruto fought Itachi that said that Naruto was firing off Rasengan while under Itachi's Genjutsu. So, it's possible that, even with Tsukuyomi, Goku would destroy whoever used it as soon as it's casted.

Problem is you are using one of the worst Genjutsu users for an argument, Sasuke was never a prominet genjutsu user. His genjutsu uses are very basic but he can use the cleverly for example against Danzo. But someone like Itachi can create a whole living world in his. Completely different levels of genjutsu

"Well, I doubt even the MS was necessary, since it's pattern didn't show up on Kurama's eye. I think it was just raw skill and Hax potency from Madara and other Madara (Obito)."

It was noted in the manga and anime that the person needs MS to control bijuu.Also,raw power doesnt matter because MS doesnt give you more power,chakra etc.It boosts your genjutsu and adds some new techniques.

I'm just going to close this.

The question has already been answered and it's just getting long and repetitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back