• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can causing a whirlpool be used as a strength feat in some way?

In an early episode of Godzilla The Series, Zilla Jr. swims in circles and creates a huge whirlpool to raise sunken ships.

https://youtu.be/Boi8EH2iArs?t=160

That feat would have involved him displacing possibly hundreds of millions of metric tons of water, but it isn't a direct lifting or striking strength feat. Any thoughts?

Yeah, I've seen it be applied multiple times before, examples being Dark Blue Moon and Kingdra. I wouldnt be able to calc it though.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Yeah, I've seen it be applied multiple times before, examples being Dark Blue Moon and Kingdra.
I wouldnt be able to calc it though.
Was it applied to lifting strength or something else?

Attack potency, Dark Blue Moon did it with raw strength so I guess striking strength? Either way stuff like this can be applied, if ya really wanted I'm sure ya could've applied it to lifting strength but not sure, I just know it works as a feat.

This sort of fest can be applied, yes.

I have an idea on how to calculate the strength needed to cause a whirlpool.

A whirlpool has a broad top, but is in the shape of a vortex, meaning that the deeper one goes, the less the diameter of the whirlpool is, but the faster the speed. Many whirlpools are in the shape of a cone at least to some extent, so if you know diameter of the top of the whirlpool and the depth of the main part of the whirlpool, you can plug the values into the Volume of a Cone. After this, you could multiply by the density of water (1000 kg/m^3) to get the total mass of the water displaced by the whirlpool.

Then you could measure the rotational velocity of the water at the surface of the whirlpool and input both the mass and the velocity into the kinetic energy equation. This works because, although the speed of the whirlpool is higher the deeper you go, the diameter is also less, so the total amount of water being moved a second should be very similar to the amount of water being moved at the surface.

These are all very rough calculations but it gives you an idea of the strength needed to create a whirlpool.

@Zilla I think that this sort of scenario could be applied to both attack potency, striking strength, and lifting strength, but am not certain.

Back