• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can bakugo beat a member of the big 3?

Spinoirr

He/Him
Both are multi-city block level

Nejire Hado: 2

Katsuki bakugo: 2

Tie:

Nejire_One%E2%80%99s_Justice_2_Artwork.png
Katsuki_Bakugo_Artwork_2_Monster_Strike.png

Last edited:
I give it to Nejire tbh while their speed seems to be comparable with Bakugo having an edge she’s got almost Triple Bakugo’s AP(276 Tons vs 100 Tons)
Their stamina is also super comparable but Bakugo is more Mobile

I think Nejire takes it with some difficulty

If 30% Deku is scaling from Ryukyu, then Bakugo should be around Nejire's level of power.

I guess he doesn't scale from Ryukyu, but Deku shouldn't be quite baseline, 8% is several times stronger 5%, and the difference between 30% and 20% is even bigger, that's what we put in the profile as the reason for his 8-A rating.

I guess he doesn't scale from Ryukyu, but Deku shouldn't be quite baseline, 8% is several times stronger 5%, and the difference between 30% and 20% is even bigger, that's what we put in the profile as the reason for his 8-A rating.
Yeah he’s above Baseline obviously just by a unknown degree that we could only guess based on the basically 8-B+ shockwave

Last edited:
We can't use that scaling, the only reason 8% is several times stronger is because of our calcs. In universe Izuku directly stated that the difference from 5% to 8% wasn't much, which is proven by Bakugo taking a kick from 8% and is still hurt by a 5% punch. Though 5% will possibly be getting an upgrade to High 8-C soon.

30% is higher than 20%, so it upscales to baseline 100 Tons. We don't upscale based on the difference between percentages we get for out calcs. 30% was agreed to be 8-A because it was stronger than 20%, which is 55 Tons or baseline 8-B+ via upscaling from a 48 Tons shockwave.

Also I just noticed that 30% is written to be several times higher than 20% in Izuku's AP section, sorry but when was that ever stated?

Last edited:
We can't use that scaling, the only reason 8% is several times stronger is because of our calcs. In universe Izuku directly stated that the difference from 5% to 8% wasn't much, which is proven by Bakugo taking a kick from 8% and is still hurt by a 5% punch. Though 5% will possibly be getting an upgrade to High 8-C soon.

30% is higher than 20%, so it upscales to baseline 100 Tons. We don't upscale based on the difference between percentages we get for out calcs. 30% was agreed to be 8-A because it was stronger than 20%, which is 55 Tons or baseline 8-B+ via upscaling from a 48 Tons shockwave.

Though I'm going to be honest I still disagree with that, 30% should've just been a higher 8-B+. Also I just noticed that 30% is written to be several times higher than 20% in Izuku's AP section, sorry but when was that ever stated?
Although it while it was never actually stated at least based on the increase from 8-20%(12% Difference) it took Deku who was 8 tons in 8% up to 55 tons in 20%

Even in universe against overhaul its treated as a extremely notable boost in Power with Overhaul saying something along the lines of “His Power was nothing like earlier was he even fighting seriously?”When Deku stomps the ground in Chapter 154.Almost as if 20% Dwarfs 8% in Power
So 20-30% Should be a comparable boost

Last edited:
Why should it be a comparable boost? What's comparing 30% to the difference between 8% and 20%? That's not a 12% boost, what are you talking about?

A 12% boost from 8% would be 8.96%.

30% is only a 50% increase from 20%, while 20% is a 150% increase from 8%. Or 8 x 2.5 equals 20 and 20 x 1.5 equals 30 if that's simpler.

Obviously we don't use percentages linearly, but that's not what I'm trying to point out. The difference in power between 30% and 20% should be less than 8% to 20%, and it's even smaller than the difference between 5% to 8%. Which is a 60% increase or a 1.6x difference.

Why should it be a comparable boost? What's comparing 30% to the difference between 8% and 20%? That's not a 12% boost, what are you talking about?

A 12% boost from 8% would be 8.96%.

30% is only a 50% increase from 20%, while 20% is a 150% increase from 8%. Or 8 x 2.5 equals 20 and 20 x 1.5 equals 30 if that's simpler.

Obviously we don't use percentages linearly, but that's not what I'm trying to point out. The difference in power between 30% and 20% should be less than 8% to 20%, and it's even smaller than the difference between 5% to 8%. Which is a 60% increase or a 1.6x difference.
When I said 12% boost I was referring to a additive manner as in 8%+12%=20% 20%+10%=30%
But I understand the point your making
Plus if we treated OFA linearly thinking about it as multiplication would be better

Last edited:
That's not how that works at all, what logic is that? Though that's still a smaller jump than 8% to 20%.

Either way we don't know how strong the percentages are from each other. The only clue we have for our purposes is that 8% is not a big jump from 5%. Once again 30% is baseline 8-A for being stronger than 55 Tons, though I still disagree with that, but I was outvoted so whatever.

Interesting match up, both having similar distinct styles of Quirk and combat. I would like to give my analysis, hope we will have a good discussion.

Attack Potency

From what I gather on this discussion and profile of the two. Bakugo's maximum destructive output is 100 tons(not counting when he temporarily possess One For All) While Nejire is 276, almost three times. Although Balugo could use his explosion in multiple consecutive explosions while Nejire seems to use it sparingly or to be more accurate, conservedly. Quantity vs Quality.

Durability and Stamina

Katsuki had shown feats that he could take a beating and still continue on regardless of the state of injuries, showing high endurance. While in pure stamina, he is able to fight continuously for 8 hours fighting rock monsters in a forest environment while having to go to a stated destination.

Unfortunately, there is no case for what Nejire's Durability is, she has not taken a hit and had simply chosen to hover out of reach of her opponents. This may lead to the conclusion that she is a glass cannon, using her superior air mobility to avoid strikes of the more grounded opponents. There isn't anything else for me to conclude otherwise. Her stamina though is stated by multiple sources to be high due to required as fuel for her Quirk. It is high enough that even having a chunk of it taken by the precept Rikiya, of which that manage to cause Uraraka, Tsuyu and Ryuku to be in exhaustion, she has enough left to not only use her Quirk but hold off said Precept for 30 minutes and still have enough to create a massive hole of the ground. Though that may be because of her conserving energy.

Abilities and Quirk

As we know for Bakugo, his Quirk have mid-range to long-range application and some limited air mobility. His support items allow for grenades for harassment and gauntlets that would gather his sweat to achieve explosions with destructive capacity that he otherwise would not be able to achieve, at least not without extreme recoil. And his super moves AP shot allow a more focus strike to achieve more piercing power. Prolong battle would allow him to increase his destructive power as he sweats more.

Nejire Quirk is similarly mid to long-range that allows potential true flight. Her Quirk requires her vitality or stamina. Hado's Shockwaves is stated to be slow due to its way of travel in a corkscrew. Its AOE is comparable to Bakugo's explosion.

Nejire style of fighting seems to be having air superiority while barraging opponents with mid-range attacks. While Bakugo as we know is the in your face type of style for an accurate description. Preferring to actually get close and strike with a mid-range attack. Similar yet distinct as said.

Intellect and Knowledge

Both are considered above average in intellect, being the top student of U.A. Bakugo despite his anger, shown to have good judgement and able to pinpoint weakness of an opponent in just one interaction such as with Kurogiri. And had shown creative use of his explosions for multiple super moves that have different applications. He is shown to have some Close combat skill to go toe to toe with someone with superior physical prowess in conjunction with his Quirk.

Nejire is told to be having the skills to rival or surpass most pro heroes, but that is too vague to consider it viable in this setup. She does seem to have good judgment on how much out she requires to fought an enemy. Showcasing when against two giant villains, she simply out 30% to topple the two down, allowing Froppy and Uravity to deal a finishing blow, showing the need to not waste her stamina more than necessary. And against the precept Rikiya, she manages to hold him off long enough for 30 minutes and still have enough stamina to create one massive attack that could dig both the precept and Ryuku to underground.

Conclusion

This might be a battle of attrition. While it may seem that Nejire-chan has the advantage as she is stated to have great stamina, there is a need to minded that she required to be energetic to use her Quirk. And I feel like she would use more stamina compare to Bakugo. The latter simply have to stand in the ground and use Ap shot to try and snipe down Nejire, or not at all, her attacks are considered slow and from the looks of it, her AOE is just as comparable if less than Katsuki explosions.

Now then, assuming that Nejire is more of a mobile caster(she might be able to take a hit, but we don't have anything to go to, and her style says that she prefers not to). The battle would mostly go like these, Bakugo would rush towards Nejire in which the latter would get out of range. Bakugo could use his AP shot to try and snipe her, requiring her to dodge and expend more energy, while most of her attacks are too slow and predictable against someone like Bakugo, which may require her to get close, which is risky against Bakugo who possess grenades and blind attacks. Nejire has to essentially deal with someone who has a similar style to her but faster projectiles and is willing to get close to someone physically superior to him(i.e Deku and Kirishima) something she hasn't shown to be. And he is no shorter of fighting who is magnitudes stronger than him in pure power itself. Nejire lacks feats to suggest she can deal in this situation better than Bakugo would.

This would be a long match, but I would see Bakugo manage to beat her either out stamina her surprisingly, or gaining a lucky hit. So I would vote for Bakugo as he would win with high difficulty.

Back