• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cal's Basics in Downgrading and Nerfs

I'm pretty sure we disregard author's intent for the most part anyways, and certainly can't just be all like "is this ranking accurate lol".

Perhaps we could ask about the illusion creation. Or if anything that the school does is his doing.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
I'm pretty sure we disregard author's intent for the most part anyways, and certainly can't just be all like "is this ranking accurate lol".

Perhaps we could ask about the illusion creation. Or if anything that the school does is his doing.
Theres a difference between baiting for universal mundhs and asking "what causes the building go red". Or what causes the fake exit .

Sweet. And yes I was specifically talking about the illusions and the color change. I wouldint want to ask about everything. That would be overwhelming.

Nice. That just goes to show that sometimes even the creators don't have all the answeres. I guess when that happens we just have to make the best educated guess we can.

Enderlucario said:
Nice. That just goes to show that sometimes even the creators don't have all the answeres. I guess when that happens we just have to use the basics to make the best educated and learned guess we can.
FTFY

also, I'm preeetty sure he's trolling. Either that or he's saving the reveal to another version update

He might be but if he is saving it for another update it might be a really cool reveal.

P.S. I see what you did there with the quote. (Took me a while but I got there eventually)

Yeeeah that's agokd question, also I'm assuming that doesn't close this thread though? This'll still be open for a while?

They're all pretty generic and possess very few abilities so it wouldn't be hard to make them either.

Playtime has a pretty MS-Painty sprite so it might get taken down, but I'll make it anyway just in case.

Because like I said, it is very MS-Painty. It looks like a 2-year-old drew it, so anybody unfamiliar with the verse would probably get the wrong idea.

Ok so it would have to be a fan made image?. Also would there be a thread for talking about the different characters or is it just make a page and hope it doesent get taken doen? Beacuse I was looking through the Baldi wiki and I saw that the Bully isint affected by 1st Prize or Sweepin Time. I don't know if this would be counted as game mechanics or not though.

Does Baldi's win and loss need to be taken from him, or at least his loss because that's assuming he's 9-C and he doesn't have that form anymore?

Hey, guys, I just calced something that should be used to compare to that ram which Baldi scales to.

That's Usain Bolt's kinetic energy: 94kg times 12.5 meters per second, square that velocity, divide the result by two. We get 7343.75 Joules of energy. Comparatively, the ram of the child is two point five times above that.

Now here comes my question: is Usain Bolt in the highest end of plus-less 9-C, potentially getting a plus should his clothes add him just so slightly over 2kg? We usually scale physical durability to stuff like punches and normal kicks, so are you guys sure we should be scaling Baldi to that ram?

I mean, pretty sure he's still 9-B, but look at it: multiply Usain Bolt's ram by 2.5 and you get the ram Baldi scales to. Colliding against a wall at these speeds would kill a child, but perhaps someone with peak human durability would just be harmed in a way they could shrug it off and keep running.

Shouldn't there be some revision? There is a chance Baldi may be just the exact baseline 9-B (through reaching it via powerscaling) or 9-C+.

Not sure what you're trying to say.

The child tanked the charging attack full on. Baldi can oneshot him, and that's why he scales. Baldi isn't charging anyone.

Yeah, but charging attacks are dispersed through too great an area to count to normal AP, and a human who would be 10-A in a fight (like I'm betting Usain Bolt is) would easily rank several times stronger with a ram. And tanking a ram really just requires, well, similar durability to the other person's normal AP.

Actually, real life Mand is a puny slim boy who weighs 57kg. That would give me a charge AP at around baseline 9-C, but I'm pretty sure a 10-A man could no-sell it.

The kid took the charging full on, since he was slammed into a wall. Also, you'd definitely be able to take that guy down if you were given time to completely accelerate, you'd just probably dislocate your shoulder. Any normal kid tanking the charging attack in question here would probably get his ribcage crushed, or receive some sort of injury that prevents him from walking it off and running as if nothing happened. Here, we get no damage, no indication of injury, no broken arm/leg/face/anything.

I think we generally don't look that deeply into it, anyways. If they can tank that energy, then they can tank that energy, and if they can damage someone who can tank that energy, they can damage someone who can tank that energy. The energy would still be roughly the same, certainly not enough to downgrade the character.

The charging attack in question is already 9-B. Like you said yourself, there is a difference between suffering some significant damage from running at full speed and breaking ribs and suffering a concussion.

Well, we maybe should. >.>

Anyways, why don't we just directly scale Baldi to 1st Prize and give him an AP that's "probably stronger than 1st Prize, can one-shot the player with his ruler where 1st Prize's ran couldn't cause any notable damage, cannot be overpowered by 1st Prize"? It seems to me like this would make more sense than believing something that implies Baldi can also one-shoot 1st Prize when that doesn't seem to have evidence else than Baldi one-shotting a player who tanked but was significantly weaker than 1st Prize (couldn't do anything against him).

I'm not sure what your point is. Of course there is a difference; the point here is that the kid took no damage whatsoever from being slammed into a wall with 9-B force. On one side the kid's entire back is being slammed up against a wall with 9-B energy, and on the other end it is condensed into the area of 1st Prize's hands. Any normal human would have been severely injured by this attack, with a shattered chest or something, and yet our protagonist here shows no indication of harm whatsoever.

Yes it's true those kinds of physics should be taken into account but it really doesn't change the rankings, especially when we get into the higher tiers.

We're not implying Baldi can one-shot 1st Prize at all. 1st Prize can tank hits from Gotta Sweep, who can overpower both it and Baldi simultaneously. If we say for the sake of argument that this wasn't true, what would be the problem with implying that he could one-shot 1st Prize other than incredulity?

...I see.

My point was that perhaps Baldi was just a really low-end 9-B, but I guess you're right.

Back