• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Calcing frame rates

Now I could be wrong here But Typically Most video media Uses 24 frames per second at minimume and 60 at maximum You just get/look up how meny frames a game/movies what have you was recorded in

And as for time Well just divide the frames By a second Like if something was recorded in 30 FPS you devide 1 second by 30

So for example, on a 30fps video..

01:12:86- 01:18:46 =5.6s

so 5.6/30 = 0.18666667s = 1 frame?

Unite My Rice said:
So for example, on a 30fps video..

01:12:86- 01:18:46 =5.6s

so 5.6/30 = 0.18666667s = 1 frame?
Actually you just devivide by 1 Second Not multiple So it would work closer to what you put before IE 1 frame = 0.03 seconds Though technically it would be 33 milliseconds in that case

Jesterofgames said:
Actually you just devivide by 1 Second Not multiple So it would work closer to what you put before IE 1 frame = 0.03 seconds Though technically it would be 33 milliseconds in that case
How so? I based mine on this btw.

I mean I kinda get why its like that. 30 FPS and on the website I use, skipping one frame from the beginning is 00:00:03 = 3/100 = 0.03. I don't get why 33 milliseconds would make much of a difference either.

So with my example, 01:12:86- 01:18:46 =5.6s, what do I do with that now? Also with the site I use, every 3 frames skips 0.03s, but then the fourth frame skips 0.04s. That's weird.

The time skips in .04s because rowvid is ment for 24 FPS videos

Also You have the time frame 5.6 seconds You don't need to go into frames Unless there are specific frames that have the feat You want

Back