• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Calcing Energy Beams?

Is there a way to calculate the energy of an energy beam? I'm trying to figure something out and this would help me out a lot. Specifically, I would like to know if you can calculate the strength of a beam based on its size (e.g. If the beam's effects can be seen from the Milky-way Galaxy).

Feedback/answers would be greatly appreciated!

Try asking this on the Calc question board, I believe you will get a far quicker response ! :D from Knowldageble calc members

I ain't no calc group member, but i belive energy density is a way.

I have moved this to the calc group forum.

@ByAsura

That uses the nuke calculator; it is calcing an explosion using the size of the beam, and does not directly cover energy density.

For a mystical-style energy blast, it is essentially impossible to find a result. The closest thing I can think of is HED (high energy density) Plasma. If the attack is confirmed to be HED Plasma (good luck confirming that though), it has an energy density of 10^10 J/m^3. So to get a result you find the volume of the blast and then apply the joule per cubic meter value to it in order to get a value in joules after converting the volume to cubic meters.

Back