• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Absorbing a red dwarf

Ghengiroo115

She/Her
If a character absorbs a red dwarf, what would their tier be?

The reason I ask is because a quick google search tells me the sun has a total energy output pretty high into High 4-C, although I imagine that exact value wouldn’t be the level you’d get from actually absorbing the sun given its already let out a bunch of energy. Unfortunately looking up the same thing with red dwarfs doesn’t seem to give me any concrete answer (assuming I’m not just blind and/or stupid and am just missing it), so I’m asking here instead.

I assume in order to figure out how much energy the absorber has you would subtract all the already released energy by the total energy output, but I may be wrong there.

I think it depends on the timeframe and based on the Joules per second. I know GBE is also the absolute low end, but if it's thermal energy or better yet total Mass-Energy, they both could yield much higher results.

Absorb in what sense?
I’m not sure if different methods of absorption would lead to different values or something, but I guess just absorbing every aspect of it and leaving nothing left.

A source would be nice. Does "total energy output" mean all the energy it'll ever output in its entire life? Or...
I remember from looking up stuff like this before that a couple answers to my searches put the total energy output around the 10^43 to 10^44 range, but the only thing I can find right now is a Reddit comment that did the math for total energy output. Now as you can probably already tell I have no idea how any of this works (that’s why I’m asking lol), so I also have no idea how accurate this actually is. However I believe it is calculating all the energy it lets out in its lifetime.

The main reason I brought up the sun’s total energy output is just because it apparently having such a high level from my searches piqued my interest, so I was wondering how much energy a red dwarf would have. Maybe I’ve misunderstood something though and total energy output doesn’t translate to the current amount of energy the red dwarf would have.

i'd say it depends, is it a real life dwarf, or a fantasy dwarf? not sure if the red ones are any different but said character would at least be racist against elves

Back