• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Calc Stacking Issue (Regarding Speed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the above sentiments.
With all due respect Ant, I’ve given responses to all of these on why they’re wrong takes and don’t make sense.

Qawsed take is based on authors not adhering to extremely basic levels of consistency that basically flips common sense. An author writing up a fight scene or anything where characters would use their true capabilities is going to use their normal real speed, there’s no reason to think otherwise on that.

Bambus take is based on calc stacking not getting as much explicit evidence as multipliers, which I countered. Showing a character using their normal speed should be just as exact as getting a precise statement for a multiplier under the same rules.

Countered insufficiently. I mean no offense when I say this, but I really don't feel what you've said would effectively halt or even mitigate the problems and risks present in the proposal. I've said this multiple times. The simple act of replying is not an effective "counter". Hence why my vote is unchanged.

Countered insufficiently. I mean no offense when I say this, but I really don't feel what you've said would effectively halt or even mitigate the problems and risks present in the proposal.
And exactly what you said just now can be flipped right back at you Bambu.

Tell me how a character being given reasons or outright shown to use their real speed isn’t explicit? You say my reasons “don’t stop or mitigate issues” and yet you give no effort in explaining how they don’t or what’s flawed with my counter points.

Im trying to be reasonable with this and all your saying is “no, “I feel this doesn’t do x” and leave it at that.

Matter of fact, all of the people saying “I don’t think this solution will stop or mitigate the issue” don’t even explain how it doesn’t fix them.

Id be more inclined to seeing your side of this if you explained how such abuse can still happen under these conditions.

TBH I agree with Kukui, a verse getting very large calc stacking chains will immediately be notable, and so it'll be as suspicious too, therefore this shouldn't be a concern.
In fact, unlike a simple multiplier statement, you have to get every single calculation involved evaluated, and so it can be argued that even more scrutinity would be applied here.

Can't believe people are actually arguing to legitimize calc stacking. This has to be a new low the forum has seen. Regardless, I still maintain my view and remain strictly against legitimizing any form of calc stacking.

TBH I agree with Kukui, a verse getting very large calc stacking chains will immediately be notable, and so it'll be as suspicious too, therefore this shouldn't be a concern.
In fact, unlike a simple multiplier statement, you have to get every single calculation involved evaluated, and so it can be argued that even more scrutinity would be applied here.
Exactly. EVERY calc on this site HAS to be evaluated by a calc member (AKA, a staff member) before it can be used. No matter how obscure or popular the series is.

So what is the actual issue here?

Can't believe people are actually arguing to legitimize calc stacking. This has to be a new low the forum has seen.
Not when there’s legitimate reason to.
Regardless, I still maintain my view and remain strictly against legitimizing any form of calc stacking.
Your basically saying no because “I said so” at this point.

That is what’s a new low.

It seems like this suggestion has been firmly rejected by our staff, so it is not going to be applied, and we should probably close this thread. My apologies.

I mean, almost all the staff members that commented here have rejected this. I don't know why you still want this thread to go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back