• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tooru vs Milo Murphy

Tooru: 0

Milo Murphy: 0

Incon: 0
  • Both In Character.
  • 25 meters of each other.
E1oTsJ6UYAUFc0T.jpg
10109956,HotdoFAWuchymwVDXj9N8GA2hcJeE9vJge9CrjUZuYXIDDY2dnsMaee6R5rVg26jc0U_+RMxgCv7C2q09Ep2xA==.jpg

516px-JJL_Morioh_Arcade.jpg

Yeah, isn't Wonder of U automatic & used against anyone who has any intent to "pursue"/oppose him? Since Milo is at least willing to kill by SBA, since the characters want to defeat one another, wouldn't that mean WoU automatically goes after Milo & just negates anything he does?

IDK if it'd stop Murphy's Law, of course. That being that anything that can go wrong around Milo, will. Bad stuff just happens, not necessarily involving Milo, but it can still endanger him, his opponent or others. (Though, it should be noted that since it's apparently hereditary to the males of his family, he & his dad have had it all their lives, so Milo is very prepared, & usually treats it as a minor inconvenience.)

I guess WoU profile has everything you should know about him. It's worth a read.
Yeah I recalled reading about it before, & wondered if maybe I was confusing it with some other Jojo character I hadn't remembered.

Quoting part of the Endless Calamity section from Tooru's profile:

Endless Calamity: An ability that manipulates the logic of the world[4][6] as the world is a continuous chain of logic and reason, making it so those that "pursue" the Stand become subjected to misfortune to an extreme degree and be caught in the flow of the Calamity[7], preventing almost any harm from befalling the Stand or Tooru, resulting in them getting what they desire and ultimately, killing all those within the flow[23] if they stay within it. An ability that activates the moment anybody tries to "pursue" the Head Doctor. "Pursuing" is any action that can be considered "Pursuing" Tooru or Wonder Of U, no matter how trivial[23] and can range from, but isn't limited to, chasing him, fighting him, trying to get a good look at him, simply deciding to go somewhere to meet him[14], trying to contact help[23], trying to help someone who's trying to "Pursue" him, contacting an ally to help an existing "Pursuer"[23], getting in the way of his goals, touching something he's touched[4], questioning why he's at a certain location[24], to even thinking about defeating him[21]. Those caught in the flow of the Calamity are in what is essentially a line of priority from first to last, with the highest priority being the next in line to die, upon seeing his form or face, the Calamity will attempt to take the looker's life, shifting the highest priority to them[23][4] if they weren't already a high priority, making them next in line to die.

So yeah. Endless Calamity will trigger & target Milo for so much as trying to look at him, obstructing any of Tooru's goals, thinking about defeating Tooru....

So given the circumstances provided by Standard Battle Assumptions, Endless Calamity is basically auto-targeting Milo from the start.
So what is it likely to open with?

Also, I've read that Endless Calamity can choose to make itself visible to who it wants, even non-Stand users. Would it make itself able to be noticed by him?

Uhh since Milo is literally prepared for everything I would go for incon but like he probably doesn't have enough stamina to keep up with WoU so ig I vote WoU

Interesting match up

Uhh since Milo is literally prepared for everything I would go for incon but like he probably doesn't have enough stamina to keep up with WoU so ig I vote WoU

Interesting match up
Yeah, also:

Logic Manipulation (Controls the "Logic" of the world to induce a chain of Calamities against those who intend to "pursue" him); Fate Manipulation & Luck Manipulation, Calamity Energy Generation & Karmic Retribution, Homing Attack (Things will automatically "collide" with its target) & Limited Power Nullification (Temporarily negated Josuke's manual control over his own ability[13]).

Non-Corporeality (Is a Stand. Wonder of U is also a manifestation of Calamity Energy and "Disaster" taken form[7]), Abstract Existence (Is the Calamity itself[7], an energy form of a law of the world that will never go away[7] and allows Tooru to control Calamity through Wonder of U)

Milo in this match, is practically a regular human with a "superpower" that regularly endangers him on a normal basis because Murphy's Law means around him, anything that can go wrong, will.
For Wonder of U, that probably falls under the jurisdiction of "calamity". Which, if I understand right, it CONTROLS.

In other words, Milo is a regular dude with various equipment, & a superpower of "anything that can go wrong, will", around him, & his opponent in this match not only controls that power, but is specifically going to be targeting him with it.

I'm not sure what within his equipment, behaviour or skills would give him a reasonable chance of winning here.

Yeah he can't actually win. It's basically a survival match. He has no way of actually harming WoU.

This is a cool match though, maybe if it was like survive for like 24 hours. Then again it might still be incon or WoU winning due to what was already said.

Yeah he can't actually win. It's basically a survival match. He has no way of actually harming WoU.

This is a cool match though, maybe if it was like survive for like 24 hours. Then again it might still be incon or WoU winning due to what was already said.
Yeah. If it were just "Survive"....

Also, I suppose I should ask, how much "Calamity" at once can WoU control? If Murphy's Law caused enough events or of a large enough scale, could it control all of it once? Do we have any idea of the upper limits?

WoU doesn't just have an innate passive effect of the Calamity, he is the calamity. Hell it's why he can survive even if Tooru dies, as calamity is a natural law of the world, and as such, it, along with himself, will always exist.

And WoU has that whole selective intangibility thing, NPI, etc thing going on, if WoU so chooses, he could just become basic Stand ghost, walk up regardless of bad things, and slap him with his pimp stick idk.

There's also the effect of Calamity itself, if my understanding is correct, his misfortune can effect himself too (As in Murphy, based on the profile)? That's massively bad as Calamity basically gives everything dura neg, like a pebble on the wind will blow your head apart, or you can trip, lose your limbs, bleed out and die, from just a small trip.

he could just become basic Stand ghost, walk up regardless of bad things, and slap him with his pimp stick idk.
690711381741142056.png

That's massively bad as Calamity basically gives everything dura neg, like a pebble on the wind will blow your head apart, or you can trip, lose your limbs, bleed out and die, from just a small trip.
Yeah.. normally he wouldn't have anything against Calamity. But he has all SORTS of stuff in his backpack, even stuff that wouldn't normally make sense nor even fit. He basically has infinite preptime since he's been used to it since he was born (it might sounds like NLF, but bare with me but if you watched the show he literally has everything for anything). Though idk about something that small/specific like that o.o..

WoU be pimpin lad, he's the most baller Stand.

Though he may be able to have prep against all sorts of misfortune, but I don't think he's dealt with all that but they all neg durability now completely, kinda a wild card thrown in there. Body armor won't be protecting against those sticks and stones anymore judging from that profile quote.

Back