• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cable Tiering?

Eyo, I'm a little confused on why Cable is High 6-C (Large Island level), when his explanation says he can extinguish stars with just a link to a scan rather than a calc?

Doesnt that seem...Star level?

Yeah.... It's a pretty bad one, so don't question it too much lol. A number of our high 6c ones are kinda badly tiered.

Is there any issue with making Cable Star level in this case? He is a pretty powerful character that not many people would scale to power-wise, so i cant imagine it will cause any weird scaling

iirc, intially, the high 6c were placeholder until proper rescaling was done. tho everyone kinda gave up on it cause tiers sucks - i know i did. so not sure

Eyo, I'm a little confused on why Cable is High 6-C (Large Island level), when his explanation says he can extinguish stars with just a link to a scan rather than a calc?

Doesnt that seem...Star level?
I mean "extinguish stars" means kinda... nothing, tbh.
Is there any issue with making Cable Star level in this case? He is a pretty powerful character that not many people would scale to power-wise, so i cant imagine it will cause any weird scaling
Apocalypse does, so does Stryfe. Both have a decent chunk of characters scaling to them.

I mean it doesn’t mean much as a feat but I don’t think they’d use comparisons to stars to hype up their Large Island Level character
meh, they can also use it to just mean tier 5, which, the page WAS listed 5-A.

just go likely far higher ig

I mean "extinguish stars" means kinda... nothing, tbh.
Id imagine Extinguishing a star means Cable is putting out its energy, which would be Star level. To extinguish means to put it out.
Star Level Apocalypse isnt exactly an outlandish term either given his power varies on his own profile

Id imagine Extinguishing a star means Cable is putting out its energy, which would be Star level.
It can also mean just lowering its temperature or something, which isn't Star level, its far lower.

Can imagine alot of things

Lowering its temperature?

Nah, extinguishing literally means to put it out. I dont think they were overhyping Cable's immense psychic abilites as they are, hes already a really powerful mutant. He is an Omega Level Mutant after all, and Omega Levels tend to have feats even beyond that of Star level

Either way I dont know how that translates to High 6-C

Cable’s not considered to be omega anymore, that got retconned out in the krakoa era after they tried to simplify everything. That being said we still have the star statement, him fighting surfer, and he should presumably scale somewhat to Apocalypse considering he was prophesied to kill him.

Cable’s not considered to be omega anymore, that got retconned out in the krakoa era after they tried to simplify everything. That being said we still have the star statement, him fighting surfer, and he should presumably scale somewhat to Apocalypse considering he was prophesied to kill him.
Can you get scans for latter two actually? That'll be way better than whatever we're listing him now lol

Also I thought current Cable =/= OG Cable

Iirc he did technically fight Surfer but Surfer won it without that much difficulty, don’t know how reliable it is for full on scaling

Reread the cable and surfer fight and Cable definitely downscales, he breaks the surfer's board, it's mentioned they destroyed an island, and that they are repairing the fallout from their fight as they're fighting. Cable loses once Surfer gets more serious. I'm still looking for an Apocalypse prophesy scan.

Mehhhhhh that scan honestly feels like the standard Surfer affair, of him being in his pacifistic state but then suddenly using a fraction of his power cosmic and stomping the opponent

So yeah it's probably High 6-C, deffo not 3-C

I mean i think the extinguishing stars statement would still be way below a Serious Surfer

I'm not upping someone off a single statement made by someone with indiscernible authority to do so

If Cable's statement about being able to extinguish stars easily is meant to be taken as literal, his fight with the Surfer is a supporting feat to possibly put him at Star level. The person who makes the star statement is Rachel Summers, his sister, who should be familiar with his powers. The only people that would scale are Surfer, Apocalypse, and Stryfe.

Rachel's design looks wonk there, huh.

But no rhe Surfer feat is a supporting feat to fuckall given he mops the floor with Cable, Rachel also doesn't have reliable authority to make those claims off-handedly either, she's a gifted telepath but nowhere a fraction close to the strongest or as experienced to give a reliable metric.

Last edited:
Rachel also doesn't have reliable authority to make those claims off-handedly either, she's a gifted telepath but nowhere a fraction close to the strongest or as experienced.
I think the point isn’t her telepathy makes her knowledgable on Cable’s strength, but rather her status as his sister

I agree The Surfer feat shouldn’t be used for anything, contesting against a non-serious character well above your usual pay-grade, only to get stomped when they get serious, is in support of nothing but the fact you can’t compete with Star Level peeps

I think the point isn’t her telepathy makes her knowledgable on Cable’s strength, but rather her status as his sister
...from a different universe.

In general that means fuckall, you don't know every single detail about your sibling, talking to the degree of punching strength and bite force and other wonky shit like that.

Looking back, Rachel doesn't have proper knowledge over his powers anyway. Even if it came from Jean (not PF), I would just consider it a throwaway statement.

I mean i doubt the writers in themself wouldnt put that statement in, with no outside context of Rachel not knowing his power, if they didnt want to get it across that Cable was this powerful. Rachel was a telepath too right?

Either way, if you're not scaling him by that, it shouldn't be on his AP justification, as thats a Star level feat.

Yeah this is Mother Askani Rachel from farther in the the future who took baby Cable to the future to cure him of the TO virus (she failed and ended up cloning him, creating Stryfe lol) and raise him. If star level is rejected then he remains large island level.

Extinguish a star doesn't necessarily scale to physicality and durability, it should be environmental destruction.

Extinguish a star doesn't necessarily scale to physicality and durability, it should be environmental destruction.
It would scale to his telekinetic ability and mutant power, which he uses in attacks and creates forcefields with. So he can definitely control that AP, not just use it to create a storm or smthn.
Physically theres scaling for him too.

One could use Matter Manip on a star to do that w/o being able to concentrate as much power in much smaller places.

Well without any further context it would make more sense to assume Cable is using his go-to power to make a star cease burning as that's what extinguish means. Giving his Matter Manip or anything else would be an NFL since he's never shown to the ability to do such.

One could use Matter Manip on a star to do that w/o being able to concentrate as much power in much smaller places.
Its all sourced from his mutant ability, which at the time at least was Omega level telepathy .

The scan here literally states its in the context of his telekinesis

This guy really feels Star level, but if it wont be accepted like that, i aint tryna make a content revision thread, then they need to remove that justification and more conventiently allude in the profile on why this isnt accepted.
Cause from what ive been looking around through, this is a generally accepted statement that considers Cables overall power in debating topics. And no, not just Death Battle.

Ah, ok, my mistake. Still, you could use TK to do that in a way that doesn't scale to physicality and durability and is only environmental destruction. If he puts that much force in crushing it or moving it around too fast then he may not be able to put as much TK with that much power on smaller targets, simply because we don't know if it's possible, since we don't know if that much TK can accumulate onto itself.

I mean i doubt the writers in themself wouldnt put that statement in, with no outside context of Rachel not knowing his power, if they didnt want to get it across that Cable was this powerful.
Don't try to push a meta-narrative not substantiated within the story itself
Rachel was a telepath too right?
A noob telepath
Either way, if you're not scaling him by that, it shouldn't be on his AP justification, as thats a Star level feat.
Ye sure.

Don't try to push a meta-narrative not substantiated within the story itself

A noob telepath

Ye sure.
Meta narrative???
I dont see why its unreasonable to assume that this piece of dialogue was put in to let the audience know how powerful Cable is. In context, it really wouldnt work at all unless there was something suggesting Rachel was inaccurate.

I don't really see why its so much of a drag when Cables always been portrayed as really powerful.

Meta narrative???
I dont see why its unreasonable to assume that this piece of dialogue was put in to let the audience know how powerful Cable is. In context, it really wouldnt work at all unless there was something suggesting Rachel was inaccurate.
Nothing substantiates Rachel being literal in every sense of the word either, and we're not going off assumptions.
I don't really see why its so much of a drag when Cables always been portrayed as really powerful.
Because it's wank, Cable never does a fraction of the things that scans suggests.

I dont think you need proof that a characters always being ltieral with statements...otherwise this wiki shouldnt be using statements whatsoever. You're assuming that Rachel is completely wrong though? Which like, i dont see the point of this panel at all if they just put it there if the writer didnt mean to make Cable this highly powered

Even as a non comics reader i know thats not true. Cable is marked as very powerful all throughout. If he can fight Surfer, even surpressed, and Apocalypse. From what im reading even Onslaught too, then Cables definitely portrayed power that goes beyond High 6-C.
Im not making a CRT obviously but i dont see why this panel is taken with so much skepticism.

I dont think you need proof that a characters always being ltieral with statements...otherwise this wiki shouldnt be using statements whatsoever.
We shouldn't use statements most of the time, yeah
You're assuming that Rachel is completely wrong though?
I'm assuming Rachel is overestimating her power, because she can't give reliable metrics.
Which like, i dont see the point of this panel at all if they just put it there if the writer didnt mean to make Cable this highly powered
Again, stop arguing meta-narrative and writer intent when it just isn't shown in the story
Even as a non comics reader i know thats not true. Cable is marked as very powerful all throughout. If he can fight Surfer, even surpressed, and Apocalypse. From what im reading even Onslaught too, then Cables definitely portrayed power that goes beyond High 6-C.
He gets absolutely fuckstomped by Surfer when he gets a fraction serious, which, Surfer holds back most of the time because he's pacifistic and cares alot for collateral to the point he's willing to sacrifice himself, and Apocalypse is higher than High 6-C in specific scenarios.

As a non-comics reader of course you think that's untrue because you don't know Heralds of Galactus are riddled with CIS and thus are the biggest jobbers in the Marvel Universe

Onslaught isn't even 3-C first key.
Im not making a CRT obviously but i dont see why this panel is taken with so much skepticism.
Because you're upgrading a character tiers across from a wonk statement

I mean tons of justifications are used through statements. Its not the best yh, but theres still reason to believe those statements. I dont see why Cable is exempt when Marvels clearly not afraid to go to Star Level with what was originally omega level mutants.

How do you show 'writer intent' in the story other than through the dialogue and the story they're telling??? I really dont get your point here. If the writers included this stuff, then its for a reason, and theres nothing about Rachel lying or implied shes inaccurate about power

Yeah, exactly, Apocalypse higher than 6-C between 3-C apparently. That includes the 4-C Star level. Surfers whatever and idk how the fight went down, but Surfer is definitely beyond the realms of Star level. I dont see why that rules it out all of a sudden.

Very aware of the Heralds of Galactus acc, but nah i aint wasting my time reading all the comics. Onslaught is pretty powerful too

This wonk statement has always been pretty widely accepted, just not by you. You thought extinguishing a star meant to 'lower its temperature' might i add, so i dont think this statement had been accurately perceived in general.

None the less im not 'upgrading anything'. But yeah, using a Star Level feat for Cables justification isnt accurate at all.

I mean tons of justifications are used through statements. Its not the best yh, but theres still reason to believe those statements. I dont see why Cable is exempt when Marvels clearly not afraid to go to Star Level with what was originally omega level mutants.
Demonstrate this star level consistency for all the other Omega level mutants rq?
How do you show 'writer intent' in the story other than through the dialogue and the story they're telling???
...by actually ******* showing the feat onscreen. Is this hard to grasp?
Yeah, exactly, Apocalypse higher than 6-C between 3-C apparently.
Demonstrate Apocalypse is higher than High 6-C that instant
That includes the 4-C Star level. Surfers whatever and idk how the fight went down, but Surfer is definitely beyond the realms of Star level.
Demonstrate Surfer is higher than High 6-C that instant
Very aware of the Heralds of Galactus acc, but nah i aint wasting my time reading all the comics.
This in general just shows poor knowledgeability of the verse for you to make consistency assertions on it.
Onslaught is pretty powerful too
Not 4-C powerful
This wonk statement has always been pretty widely accepted, just not by you.
Can the people who widely accepted it argue it with me then? No? Then it's not relevant.
You thought extinguishing a star meant to 'lower its temperature' might i add, so i dont think this statement had been accurately perceived in general.
Might I add you didn't substantiate why not except "NO ITS NOT"
Kinda feels like a master roshi situation...
Master Roshi blew up a moon onscreen, he didn't get informed he could "make the moon dissipate" by an utter rando out of the blue. This isn't comparable in the slightest????

Back