• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Caballero Dimentio Vs Dark Meta

Both are 4-A and speed equalized

This is pre-star allies DMK and he has the dimensional mirror

DMK:1 (James Play 4 Games)

Dimentio:4 (Psychomaster35, Soupywolf5, DatOneWeeb, NotAMarioFan (lol))

Inconclusive:

Dimentio has less powers but might be in the advantage here. If Dark Meta Knight knocks Dimentio into the Mirror World he will just teleport back to the fight, Dark Meta Knight doesn't have Friend Hearts here cause this is from Kirby and the Amazing Mirror and Kirby Triple Deluxe only. Speed is equalized, so Dark Meta Knight can't take advantage of his speed.

Dimentio has reality warping, mind control, illusion creation, BFR, yikes! It's likely that the Dimensional Mirror won't corrupt Dimentio either, as he needs to really look into it enough, and he likes to teleport around and use long ranged attacks. Oh yeah also Dimentio has the power advantage I think.

I may be loyal to the Kirby series, but Dimentio seems to have too many advantages for me to say Dark Meta Knight has a way to win.

James Plays 4 Games said:
==Mid fight==
Dimentio: "Ha ha! It seems you aren't as tough as you thought! Your mirror is nothing, look at yourself using it to improve, but, he he, careful not to get corrupted!"

Dark Meta Knight: "Your lucky speed is equal, or else you would be dead by now."
Isn't dimentio faster?

Dark Meta Knight speed blitzed Kirby, who scales to Ribbon and the Dark Matter species that can travel past multiple galaxies in seconds. Mario being comparable to the fake Millennium Star that flew to the center of the universe showed it flying to multiple galaxies, but Dimentio never blitzed Mario if I remember correctly.

But Kirby beat Dark Meta Knight. The clip of him blitzing Kirby is pretty much just catching Kirby off-guard.

That would contradict the fact that Kirby went on to beat Dark Meta Knight. DMK and MK's "fight" seems quite vague anyway, probably due to how they chose to do cutscenes.

This is a disgusting farce.

If Dark Meta Knight knocks Dimentio into the Mirror World he will just teleport back to the fight
Oh yeah also Dimentio has the power advantage I think.
If DMK touches Dimentio he just dies, Drawcia<A bunch of other characters above each other<Landia<Master Crown-powered Magolor<His second form ridiculously above the other<Kirby, MK, DDD & Bandana Dee. Then DDD<Taranza (who one-shotted DDD)<Sectonia (who one-shotted Taranza)<Sectonia DX<Shadow DDD<DMK.

Dark Meta Knight doesn't have Friend Hearts here cause this is from Kirby and the Amazing Mirror and Kirby Triple Deluxe only. Speed is equalized, so Dark Meta Knight can't take advantage of his speed.
It's likely that the Dimensional Mirror won't corrupt Dimentio either, as he needs to really look into it enough
This is so redundantly redundant, granted the profile doesn't make a distinction of his keys yet. Still, you are pointing out a move that takes days or years to work and doesn't even do anything beyond making a target evil.

Dimentio has reality warping, mind control, illusion creation, BFR, yikes!
Should any of them were things Dimentio could use then everyone was wrong to claim he starts with mind control. This is mostly why I called this a farce, the reasons are artificial, everyone isn't actually voting for the reasons above, just mind control like in the Marx vs Dimentio thread. I believe people here is deceiving themselves into thinking there is a sort of average battle here that Dimentio came out on up of, as opposed to him just mind controlling.

DMK can fly outside the BFR should that happen, which no one will claim that it will happen.

and he likes to teleport around and use long ranged attacks.
I could argue this but, what's even the point? Again, there is no average battle going on here, at least no one would care to hear that argued, so those factors don't matter.

GyroNutz said:
But Kirby beat Dark Meta Knight. The clip of him blitzing Kirby is pretty much just catching Kirby off-guard.
On the latter, kinda? I would wouldn't call catching off-guard when done right in front of someone. On the former, DMK fought and lost against 4 Kirbys at once, twice. In later games he wouldn't be all that notable tho.

Just to let you know, in a VS thread I like to just assess what both characters are capable of doing to each other to decide who I think will win, then wait for someone to correct my analysis.

- I did say "I think" cause I wasn't sure, so thank you. I was thinking about how at the end of the game he posed a threat to everyone including Count Bleck before becoming Super Dimentio, and how he can easily defeat the playable characters. He puts himself and his opponent in a green world that makes him stronger during combat, and him losing to the playable characters in there should be plot-induced stupidity if he can seemingly do whatever he wants to Mario and co when outside of the realm. Kirby characters are stronger than most Mario characters within the multi-solar system level rank, but Dimentio still seemed quite dangerous to me at first.

- One of the Dimension Mirror's hax isn't applicable here, that was what I was getting at.

- Me listing the good powers Dimentio might use is me assessing what he might do in combat, illusion creation is something he certainly uses often, while if I remember correctly Dark Meta Knight only used it when angered by King Dedede. Has he used illusion creation another time?

Dark Meta Knight has interdimensional range from the Mirror World, not wherever he wants. The Underwhere is another universe, how does Dark Meta Knight fly out of it to New York (where the battle takes place by default)?

- My point is that Dimentio would teleport away from the sucktion of the Dimension Mirror if Dark Meta Knight used that, and attack from far like he fights in the game he appears in. Dark Meta Knight has long ranged attacks too, but he normally doesn't exclusively use that, while I don't recall Dimentio ever using physical attacks besides the good old boss collision hitbox, which should just be if the opponent comes close to him.

I heavily disagree with the notion that dimension starts with mindhax. The only time he "started" with it was with the dragon at the beginning of the game, and he took time to gloat first and didn't even stick around to fight. That was literally him passing the buck on someone else.

Never, during any of his confrontations with Mario or the others, does he open with mindhax. Admittedly, it has been a long time sense I played, but I find the notion of him opening with mindhax highly misleading.

The Wright Way said:
I heavily disagree with the notion that dimension starts with mindhax. The only time he "started" with it was with the dragon at the beginning of the game, and he took time to gloat first and didn't even stick around to fight. That was literally him passing the buck on someone else.
Never, during any of his confrontations with Mario or the others, does he open with mindhax. Admittedly, it has been a long time sense I played, but I find the notion of him opening with mindhax highly misleading.
Nope, nope, and nope.

The first one is via an item he specifically requested, meaning he doesn't carry it with him normally. He even says as much in the very scene you posted.

Same applies for the second, plus it's a game over screen.

The third was literally the linch pin for his overall plan. He had prior incentive to use it.

Oh now that I looked into it, Dimentio's dimension makes him and his opponent more powerful, so it's not a plot-induced stupidity moment. I should say that if Dark Meta Knight one-shots then I will vote for him instead, but after Dimentio realized Luigi had became stronger than him, he used hax right away. That is the same attack that sent the protagonists to The Underwhere, and this clip shows him starting with that move as well. I don't see how sending the opponent to the after life isn't a BFR anyone that kills can have, but that's what Dimentio's profile says. Mario was allowed to get ressurected by Queen Jaydes because he was on a mission to save universes, including the after life, but Dark Meta Knight... there is no story in this VS thread unlike the ones I make, so Dark Meta Knight is just fighting Dimentio for no reason. He shouldn't be able to travel universes to get back to New York alone, unless the Mirror World is linked to Popstar which then he can fly to Shiver Star, theorized to be a future Earth, but that's just a theory.

And that matters because? Dimentio clearly keeps these with them, being a game over screen is literally irrelevant. Point is he can use it whenever he desires and clearly prefers to mind control. Again, why does this matter? Any other combat situation he literally prefers to use mind control. These are pretty nitpicky.

Nope, nope, and nope.

- Not mind controlling the opponent.

- Dimentio tricked Mario and Luigi by by saying that he's been helping to try and defeat Count Bleck, but didn't mention that he is also evil himself. Dark Meta Knight has no time for that trickery.

- Yes, to complete his plan, he might do that since he uses that sprout mind control a lot, but during his actually battles, he only uses the box exploding hax.

DatOneWeeb said:
And that matters because? Dimentio clearly keeps these with them, being a game over screen is literally irrelevant. Point is he can use it whenever he desires and clearly prefers to mind control. Again, why does this matter? Any other combat situation he literally prefers to use mind control. These are pretty nitpicky.
If he always carried them with him, he wouldn't have had to request them prior to a mission.

The point about the game over is that it 1. Isn't canon 2. Only occurs after Mario and co have been deceived.

And by "any other combat situation" do you mean his boss fights? Where he doesn't use them at all.

The point about the game over is that it 1. Isn't canon 2. Only occurs after Mario and co have been deceived.

To be fair, while it may be non-canon that Mario got tricked, it's canon that Dimentio attempted to do so. Dark Meta Knight isn't going to be tricked though, especially if Mario did not fall for it.

- Not mind controlling the opponent.

- Dimentio tricked Mario and Luigi by by saying that he's been helping to try and defeat Count Bleck, but didn't mention that he is also evil himself. Dark Meta Knight has no time for that trickery.

- Yes, to complete his plan, he might do that since he uses that sprout mind control a lot, but during his actually battles, he only uses the box exploding hax.
"Dear O'Chunks! So strong, yet so very dim. A child could learn his attack patterns. As such, I requested a few sprouts from my acquaintance to liven him up a touch."

-Clearly Dimentio was using this to mind control him. For further proof, after the sprout was removed, he was confused as to what happened.

-Doesn't matter, he still blatantly wants to mind control over fighting them. Considering how every other time he does without asking, it's more of just a one time thing. But it still supports my point in him actually wanting to mind control.

-Any other time he was actually "fighting" was just him not trying, as it was stated that he just let the heroes do all of the work, implying that he didn't try.

@Wright

He clearly kept them after battle, that's the point I'm trying to make. He still has them.

My point is that he obviously would want to mind control over fighting, clearly the entire reason he persuades them. Being tricked doesn't matter because he's shown to do this without the use of tricking them and just does it.

I've explained this FRA.

- Dimentio was pretending to be allies with O'Chunks and the others throughout the whole game, it's mind control, but not of the opponent. He was using O'Chunks his way to defeat Mario, not just mind haxing Mario himself.

- Dimentio doesn't ask the protagonists other times, but he never starts with it other than during the final part, he does it after a battle or not of the opponent before the battle, and there's no outside influence allowed.

- Let the heroes do all the work, instead of mind haxing them so they can do all the work under his own command. This is supposed to by master trickery? He tried to actually do the proper thing in chapter 8 when he got to know Mario and co., but Mario didn't fall for it, and Dark Meta Knight wouldn't fall for it either, especially with no story here. At the end when he mind haxed Luigi, why wouldn't he just do that to Mario, Peach and Bowser so he would instantly win? He only mind manipulated Luigi to complete his form, and wanted a proper fight with the others.

@The Wright Way on Dimentio's profile it doesn't list the sprouts as either standard or optional equipment, so he can use them whenever he wants according to the wiki.

Hopefully they took into account what this thread is discussing, since it seems likely, but I thought about it a bit more and it doesn't make sense now.

Back