• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Burnscar fights the robber of ATMs

Peppersalt43

They/Them
9-B versions used
Speed equalized
Fight takes place in Central City Stadium (The one where Flash and Reverse Flash fought at in season 1), 10 meters apart

Willow Don't Starve but not really : 0
Leonard Snark : 7
Incon : 0

Story Below

Captain Cold waited in his truck, looking at a picture he was given. His partner was currently treated in the hospital for serious injuries and now he was all alone. Luckily, said partner also gave a picture of his distant niece, claiming that she too is a supervillain. Snart was unsure, worried that this one may be insane like a lot of other villains... Which meant that whatever was the outcome, he'd still come on top. He either got himself a new partner, or take down a maniacal monster. A scream from the stadium indicated that the latter was going to happen.

"Please, don't do this! Please!" said a crook, crawling on the floor of the stadium in fear.
"You know what happens when you oppose the slaughterhouse. You should think of yourself as lucky" replied Burnscar, fire raging in the palms of her hand "It is just fire".

A ball of flames was thrown at the man's legs, setting them alight and causing him immense pain. As Mimi relished the sight of the crimson light spreading up her target, a beam was fired at it, putting it out.

"She's got a point. Plenty of ways to extinguish fire" said Captain Cold. Burnscar turned to face the man who had just put out her favorite state of matter, fury burning in her eyes.

"Who do you even think you are!" she yelled angrily.
"Captain Cold, robber of ATMs" replied Snart nonchalantly.

Last edited:
Oh nice one of the older more barebones files that could probably use some prettying up and wouldn't take that long to do because she isn't around for too long lol

So, what's his aim/aoe like? Burnscar's ability to teleport through all her fires is generally pretty troublesome since it just means she gets more and more mobility as her fire spreads, and as far as I'm aware stadiums are plenty flammable. Even if they aren't specifically, she was able to leave lasting fires just by shooting the road, and asphalt isn't something super easy to set alight.

So, what's his aim/aoe like? Burnscar's ability to teleport through all her fires is generally pretty troublesome since it just means she gets more and more mobility as her fire spreads, and as far as I'm aware stadiums are plenty flammable. Even if they aren't specifically, she was able to leave lasting fires just by shooting the road, and asphalt isn't something super easy to set alight.

Around the 2:13 mark. He was shooting at Flash as he was running up a building. His range is pretty good. Also around the 1:10 is him firing a continuous beam of ice and predicting where Flash was gonna run to

Another thing to note is that while teleportation is troublesome, Captain Cold is pretty experienced with fighting speedsters, being a long-time Flash rogue so teleportation shouldn't be too surprising for him.

For future reference, you can copy a youtube link at the specific time of the video by right clicking and there'll be an option for it. You can also do it manually by adding in "?t=(x)" to the end of the link where x is the number of seconds, but that's tedious.

Anyways, I think him being an ice user is actually pretty problematic here. The difference between room temperature and absolute zero is a lot less than the difference between room temperature and her fires, and it's ultimately a heat change battle there. With her propensity to just stay inside fires and how she's made it so every step results in a rapidly growing firey footprint, I don't really see him ever having a great opportunity to catch her out where she can't just normalize the temperature.

Anyways, I think him being an ice user is actually pretty problematic here. The difference between room temperature and absolute zero is a lot less than the difference between room temperature and her fires, and it's ultimately a heat change battle there. With her propensity to just stay inside fires and how she's made it so every step results in a rapidly growing firey footprint, I don't really see him ever having a great opportunity to catch her out where she can't just normalize the temperature.
So essentially he's gonna have a hard time trying to hit her once she's set up a large flames in the area. Well if I recall correctly, Captain Cold doesn't always focus on trying to make his beam hit. Once he realizes that his opponent can teleport, he'll most likely try to set up traps that'll catch her off-guard such as spikes, ice puddles, or a falling icicle.

And before you say that she can just melt it, keep it mind that his enemy is a speedster who can not only fire bolts of lightning at whatever he places but also has a larger time window to avoid predictive traps and yet, those attacks usually work.

Also I guess he can just use his beam as a fire extinguisher. It is a lazer beam so he just spin a bit to extinguish the fires around him

Eh, can you just counter AZ with heat like that, considering you essentially need infinite energy to achieve it? And if so then why doesn't everyone who can use their ice powers to counter potent fire users have AZ?

Anyways if you wanna make that argument then I'll just argue that Cold's AZ can counter Rory's heat gun which functions at Planck temperature. Later on the heat gun was retconned to be like 600 °C or something but that should definitely be contradicted by its feats.

Back