• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I mean. I don't know what to say

Even with insane luck, HtH doesn't really require it. It happens when it happens. So either McQueen one shots due to that AP advantage or he gets unlucky and dies (which is lucky for him I guess?) and targets the girl and she dies too

The best outcome for Karen would be to stay alive somehow, so luck will make it happen. McQueen will fail to kill himself and Karen won't manage to kill him either. Its still an inconclusive, just that no one dies this time.

TacticalNuke002 said:
The best outcome for Karen would be to stay alive somehow, so luck will make it happen. McQueen will fail to kill himself and Karen won't manage to kill him either. Its still an inconclusive, just that no one dies this time.
Kek

This is the ultimate hell. Thunder being unable to die and being trapped in the same room as a cute bunny girl.

Truly, a travesty.

God I wish that were me

Just put up Ezio w/ the Apple of Eden and we can get a win against Thunder.

Wait, that'd be a stomp in favor of Ezio.

Considering the fact that McQueen did several suicide attempts at the past, what if Karen just makes one of those succeed?

At that point in time his stand wouldn't be targeted at her.

The Stand targets the closest victim, that being Karen in this case. Plus, SBA means that they would try to kill each other regardless.

That is true for the present McQueen, but not for the McQueen from 5 hours ago.

She can affect luck in the past?

Regardless, Thunder won't kill himself unless there's someone there with him. Unless Karen can luck someone into joining Thunder and trapping them with him.

Yes, Karen can luck the past.

And as said, McQueen had done several suicide attempts already. It's just a matter of one of those becoming successful.

But luck maniping the past seems to be dependent on intent. Karen would need to have the knowledge about TMQ in order to do that.

Also, shouldn't Karen and Mamoru's abilities be more in number? Like minor Time manip, Acausality and stuff?

Their luck isn't controlled intentional. They actually have no control over the ability whatsoever. It is only them being very lucky. Things go in their favor whether they know what should happen and how it should happen or not. Just like in reality one can be lucky without having thought about how things would have to play out to be lucky or without wishing to be lucky in that particular thing.

It doesn't manipulate time, though.

And the only thing acausal is the ability itself. They themself would probably still be affected by changes to the past as normal.

The only person she canonically fought is Higashikawa Mamoru and vice versa. Their abilities more or less cancel each other out, so it in principle that is possible.

Their power is probably similar to that of TÛr, so I would assume it probably chooses less past screwing ways to archive what's necessary, if that is an option. To that comes the debate on where to draw the line between luck and determinism, that's always a variable to such things.

DontTalkDT said:
Yes, Karen can luck the past.
And as said, McQueen had done several suicide attempts already. It's just a matter of one of those becoming successful.
I don't see anything about this on her profile, and that's a big addition/clarification.

You need to get a revision first.

HierophantDeluxe said:
I don't see anything about this on her profile, and that's a big addition/clarification.

You need to get a revision first.

Additionally, Karen's absurdity works outside the constraints of time and continuity/causality, as she basically has the same ability as Mamoru and she similarly retained her ability after Mamoru used his to undo the past event that had granted them their absurdities.
~ Her Profile​
It already is on the profile.

The description is far too vague and uncited, what was the past event and how could it have be undone?

For example, if the absurdities are granted via a machine that's emitting some sort of radiation or something along those lines, her luck can de-activate the machine and "undo" the powers.

Or another example, maybe her luck activates a machine to "undo" the past event and take away their powers. It's undoing a past event, but it's nothing to do with time manipulation.

For someone who only has the words "Supernatural Luck" listed on her profile, expecting someone unknowledgable to simply believe that she can use it to manipulate time in a certain manner is far too much of a stretch.

She doesn't just have the words "Supernatural Luck" listed, she has an explanation for the ability listed in the notable attacks and techniques, where it belongs. And I can very much expect someone to believe what is written on the profile within a vs-thread.

As I said before nobody here is manipulating time, it is just supernatural luck that can affect past events. It is neither time travel nor reversing time or anything like that. Hence it is correct that only supernatural luck is listed.

If you want specifics on the event: There was a machine that killed a bunch of people. Said people dying was the event that made them get their abilities.

After the people died and they got their supernatural luck abilities the supernatural luck made it so that the machine had a random malfunction in the past, making it so that the machine didn't kill said people in the past.

As the people weren't killed by the machine, they survived and hence Karen and Mamoru shouldn't have their abilities, but they still have them either way.

Hence exactly as the profile describes, it is just having luck beyond continuity.

She does just have "Supernatural Luck" listed as her only ability, nothing about the extent or range of influence is noted in brackets as per usual.

And in the notable attacks and techniques (which I would have a hard time calling "lucky" a notable technique but that's my personal grievance with the formatting) her luck having influence beyond continuity is too vague and most importantly: unsourced.

Whether or not you think you are correct is irrelevant here, the problem is the profile has claims that you have yet to source. Telling me context is not sourcing. I suspect what you're suggesting is being taken out of context and is not indicitive of the truth.

Explanations for abilities which are longer than a sentence or two are always written into the notable attacks/techniques section. It is where they belong. You should get used to that, as it is that way for most profiles.

Most profiles don't include sources for the stuff on them.

If you question what is on the profile make a CRT. Profile content is not to be debated in vs-threads. In vs-threads what is currently on the profile is assumed true, until it is changed in a CRT.

Back