• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Building level Sly Cooper?

Dust_Collector

They/Them
So during Thieves in Time, Sly fights El Jefe who seems to harness natural lightning for his attacks (At around the 2:40 mark)

This should be considered natural lightning, he summons it from the sky and attracts it with metal swords, there's a storm surrounding the area, and right before he raises his swords you can see a massive lightning bolt flash in the background. Given how Sly can take hits from El Jefes lightning enhanced sword and attacks, this should give Sly and many other characters Building level Dura and subsequently AP. To further back this up, Sly has also tanked lightning strikes in Sly 2 (12:30 mark)

Taking a cloud to ground lightning is Building level, not Building level+. If Sly can take cloud to groud lightning in 4 then the upgrade might be fine, but if he only took a close range lightning attack then there will be no upgrade.

Sly can stay on the top an take a lightning bolt, but the difference from the normal lightning it's that is red and him surviving it could be game mechanic since being oneshotted makes the game harder and frustrating, i also recall that Sly gets easily shotted by a bear in the next chapter, which was needed to break something that Murray could not do.

Lightning bolts vary from Wall level+ to Building level (12 to 24000 gigawatts), so tank a lightning could still be around his current level (Room level).

Antoniofer said:
Lightning bolts vary from Wall level+ to Building level (12 to 24000 gigawatts), so tank a lightning could still be around his current level (Room level).
Depend, what is the average AP of a natural lighting bolt?

According to these values and these ones, the power output of lightning vary from 12 to 24000 gigawatts. Don't remember the source, but I research that I made time ago it says that lightnings last between 10 to 70 us (the visible stroke), so that would means that it dissipate between 120k to 1680M Joules.

Most likely it dissipate less when makes contact with someone.

Dark,about the bear problem,Murray can kill the bear,and bentley with bombs too,the only one who can´t kill it is Sly and Carmelita can kill it with his pistol

Well. Due to an upgrade to Carmelita with her shock pistol being building level in AP now I could believe ig. IIRC Sly was able to survive quite a bit of hits from her shock pistol. Or should that just be passed of as game mechanics or something?

ShatteredNightMares said:
Well. Due to an upgrade to Carmelita with her shock pistol being building level in AP now I could believe ig. IIRC Sly was able to survive quite a bit of hits from her shock pistol. Or should that just be passed of as game mechanics or something?
Where Sly had show to be able to took Carmelita's shock pistol?

Stefano4444 said:
In Sly cooper 3,all the gang can tank 3 or 4 shoots from his pistol,and muggshot need a lot of shoots to be pulled down,in the first game no,but Sly is one shotted in that game for everything,so is gameplay

Kazuma kuwabara said:
Stefano4444 said:
In Sly cooper 3,all the gang can tank 3 or 4 shoots from his pistol,and muggshot need a lot of shoots to be pulled down,in the first game no,but Sly is one shotted in that game for everything,so is gameplay
And how many hits the Mutant Primate could took instead before be put down?

Ok after thinking about it, i cannot see Sly be Buillding level (since Sly could at most tank 3 to 4 shoots of the Shock Pistol, while with the Mutant Primate it requid a lot more), still this fact could potentially upgrade him to At least Small Building level.

Stefano4444 said:
Ok after thinking about it, i cannot see Sly be Buillding level (since Sly could at most tank 3 to 4 shoots of the Shock Pistol, while with the Mutant Primate it requid a lot more), still this fact could potentially upgrade him to At least Small Building level.
He already is Small Building level.

But then,you have Clockwerk who resist the pistol without any problem,and is 8-C too,but Sly destroy his head with his cane in sly cooper 1 after sinking in the lava,and in sly cooper 2 he do this to Clock-la after damaging her before with a helicopter´s turret

But,i support the Small Building level,in Sly cooper 3,there is a gigant wolf who can´t die from any attack,and can one shot any guard ,but the gang can tank his hits and Clockwerk---> this wolf

ShatteredNightMares said:
Stefano4444 said:
He already is Small Building level.
At least Small Building level, not just Small Building level.

Kazuma kuwabara said:
But then,you have Clockwerk who resist the pistol without any problem,and is 8-C too,but Sly destroy his head with his cane in sly cooper 1 after sinking in the lava,and in sly cooper 2 he do this to Clock-la after damaging her before with a helicopter´s turret
But this was after suffer heavy damage by the combined forces of Sly and Carmelita, as the latter was making holes in his armor while the former would hit (with the missiles in his jetpack) in the holes, so powerscaling in this case is not justificable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JVvn8rkesg

And for Sly 2, Cooper had first used the Anti-aircraft gun for damage her, and then he knocked her out and make her precipitate to the ground (and at difference of the previous game, Sly was never able to destroy the head), so again powerscaling cannot be apply.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzbTFRfzRks

^ I know,but in the first game,we had sly cooper 9-A with the jet pack in this wiki, and it was discursed that lava was doing nothing to clockwerk,he was regenerating his body while he was sinking in the lava and Sly gives him the final blow before he regenerates

About the second game,knocked her is still impressive no? She was still concious when Murray opens his mouth to let Bentley extract his weak point

Kazuma kuwabara said:
About the second game,knocked her is still impressive no? She was still concious when Murray opens his mouth to let Bentley extract his weak point
Maybe, but i don't find this is enough to put Sly at 8-C.

Back