• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Buff Ayato

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk last episode, his fight against Hydra's feat:

- Hydra's Dragon Breath with just 1 head can destroy a whole line of building easily, the explosion from this can be seen from about 30~50kms far away by Claudia. I believe this one is around City Block level.

- Hydra uses Dragon Breath with 8 heads, and Ayato easily wipes out all of them with just 1 slash.

=> His AP right now should be at least Multi-City Block level

8th episode, his fight against RM-C and AR-D, he can dodge RM-C's

- He can dodge RM-C's bullets (a lot) while fighting AR-D, so i believe his speed should be at least Supersonic

- He can tank Full Power AR-D's Volnir Hammer which is at least Room level, so his Durability right now should be Room level, too

- He claimed that his Ser-Veresta can cut anything except Orge Lux, so his AP may ignore conventional durability except Orge Lux

9th episode, after he obtained Ser-Veresta's new form

- At 8:50, AR-D crashes the ground which blow some rocks to the sky. Those rocks fall very slow, so they must fight with an extreme speed that in their POV, rocks move very slow. Not even a single rock touch the ground until 9:35 (the end of their fight).

Okay that profile really needs to be patched up.

Meanwhile, do you know if the anime for this series is canon to the light novel? If it is not, we can't use those feats.

Gonna need to show some screens or something as well for these feats + plus I don't think the LN is translated so canonicity could be an issue.

@Lina: Don't know, man. If somebody who follows the series does, perhap they can answer that here to confirm?

Alakabamm said:
Gonna need to show some screens or something as well for these feats + plus I don't think the LN is translated so canonicity could be an issue.
There was a translation on Baka-Tsuki, but YenPress happened. Still, we can always try using Wayback Machine.

But yeah, i doubt the anime is canon to the LN. They usually change a lot of stuff, and even if the feat is the same, it might be way lower/higher.

@OwariNepgear In this case, you either need to show evidence that the anime is canon, or provide the LN quotes for the feats in question.

Can't find Volume 1->5 LN, especially Vol 1 because that is where Claudia told Ayato about Ser-Versta's special ability. But this is on Vol 5 Chapter 6:

<"I should have noticed it earlier. In the first place, no matter how much strong the barrier was, it shouldn't be able to exchange blows head-on against Ser-Versta. In the past, what was able to do it was…"

As if also realizing it, Julis muttered with an amazed expression.

"…Gravi-Sheath, huh."

"Exactly. If it isn't another ogre lux, it shouldn't be able to defend against Ser-Versta's attacks.">

This is where Ayato stated that his Ser-Versta can only be defended by an Orge Lux.

<After that, as Ayato set up his stance again ―― he promptly turned around and shortened the distance to Rimsi in one movement.

"――!?"

Rimsi, who was devoting herself to Ardi's support, managed to immediately changed her aim to Ayato; unfortunately Ayato was a step quicker.

"Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"

Dodging the barrage scattered to restrain him (divert his attentions), Ayato delivered a flash from a low position.

He bisected the gun which Rimsi had on her right hand, and when he was about to release another strike, a wall of light suddenly appeared and stood in his way. It was Ardi's defensive barrier.

Though Ayato dodged it as he stepped to the side, at that time, Rimsi released the flight unit and flew to the sky.>

Ayato dodged RM-C's ammos while charging into her position.

<When he returned his gaze, after being startled by Julis' voice, Ardi was heading towards them as he positioned a large gun.

That was――

"Now, take this! This is my Walneil Hammeeeeerrrrrrrrrrr!"

The head of the hammer was launched with a shock strong enough shake the air.

"Julis, hold on!"

As Ayato drew Julis close to him, he greatly jumped to the side.

While being stirred up by the blast and rolling on the ground, Ayato and Julis immediately stood up and fixed their stances. When looking at it, the area where the hammer hit directly was gouged out.

"The power of that also seems to have increased…"

In addition to the fact that it was a really destructive power, like this, even if they avoided a direct hit, it looked like they would receive considerable damage by just being caught in the blast.>

AR-D's Volnir Hammer.

<At the same time as Ardi loudly said so, the hammer was launched.

"Kuh…!"

"Eeih…! Bloom proudly, Great Crimson Heart Blazing Shield (Anthurium)!"

Although Julis promptly manifested a shield of flames, it was easily broken, and Ayato concentrated prana to protect Julis. A shock which tear their limbs assaulted them and their visions became dark for an instant. Struck against the defense wall (of the stage), his bones creaked, and it was as if all his internal organs had been crushed.

"Guh…">

Ayato tanked AR-D's Volnir Hammer with only Prana Charge

<As Ayato dodged it with the smallest margin, he aimed at the school badge on Ardi's chest and let out a thrust with all his might but――

Before that, Ardi's blow swung downward had crushed the floor of stage.

"Kuh――!"

As he jumped back in order to escape from the large hole opened at his feet, Ardi who sprouted the flight unit on both his shoulders moved at high speed in the sky and attempted to grab Ayato.

"I got you!"

However, Ayato used the hammer which acted as stepping stone at the same time as the stage was blown away with force to squash even the wind, and flew even higher.

Even he thought that he made movements which exceeded the limits, he had enough conviction to make it possible for the current him.

He jumped off a large fragment which was blown into the air by using the state of "cognition", it and sneaked around to Ardi's back in the sky.

"Nuuuuuuuuh! I will not let you do!"

The blue light emitted from Ardi's body further increased its shine, and the flight unit rotated his body with a force as powerful as a rocket. At the same time, Ardi swung his hammer for a strike from the side.

However――

"Amagiri Bright Dragon Style' Hidden Technique ―― <Moon of Bloodshed>!"

However, Ayato had reach Ardi's bosom a moment earlier.

At the same time that Ardi's hammer smashed the fragment which he used as scaffold (footing), Ser-Versta traced a sword slash that resembled a half-moon.

Both of them who passed by each other in the air fell to the ground, and their landings sent up smoke flashily.

"Haa… Haa…"

The physical strength of Ayato who fell on is back had exceeded his limits long ago, and he could no longer even stand up let alone swing his sword.

What came into view was only a dazzling light which shone on him from the far away ceiling.>

Ayato and RM-C fight each other after Ayato unlocked Ser-Versta's new form.

I think the anime sticks very close to LN. Is this enough evidence?

Let's see...

You didn't post any quotes about dragon breath or bullets so I can't agree to that.

You did post the room level thing so that is fine.

Tbe Ogre Lux statement is NLF so nope.

Using anime timing for free fall seems alright.

I posted about bullets:

<After that, as Ayato set up his stance again ―― he promptly turned around and shortened the distance to Rimsi in one movement.

"――!?"

Rimsi, who was devoting herself to Ardi's support, managed to immediately changed her aim to Ayato; unfortunately Ayato was a step quicker.

"Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"

Dodging the barrage scattered to restrain him (divert his attentions), Ayato delivered a flash from a low position.

He bisected the gun which Rimsi had on her right hand, and when he was about to release another strike, a wall of light suddenly appeared and stood in his way. It was Ardi's defensive barrier.

Though Ayato dodged it as he stepped to the side, at that time, Rimsi released the flight unit and flew to the sky.>

There. As you can see, Ayato dodged Rimsi's barrage while charging to her position.

And here's about Dragon Breath, Vol 6 Chapter 6:

<As Gustave said so, one of the Hydra's heads greatly opened its mouth.

One could see that a huge amount of mana was swirling in there.

(This is…!)

"!" "Ayato, dodge it!"

Ayato's body moved even earlier than Julis' warning.

A moment later, the light released from the Hydra's mouth blew away the concrete dike as it scooped it out.

"…It can match the power level of Saya's lux."

If Ayato had received it head on, he would not get off with simple bruises even if he invested his prana to defense.>

This is about the destruction of Hydra's Dragon Breath.

<A direct hit was unavoidable in this timing.

"In that caseÔöÇÔöÇ!"

He risked everything and brandished <Ser-Versta> in that unreasonable posture.

It was a blow aiming for a simultaneous strike, but it couldn't be helped.

"Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"

"Guooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!"

He swung down with <Ser-Versta>so as to press and cut the light ray released along with the head ÔöÇÔöÇ but probably because his posture was much too unreasonable, the blade had slightly deviated from the central head.>

I can't find the feat about Ayato cut 9 head's Dragon Breath from the anime in LN, maybe it's a wank. But in LN, there's a feat about Ayato cut 1 head's Dragon Breath. Also, just to ask, Hydra's Dragon Breath was described as a beam of light. But, by dodging lots of beam of light from multi direction means he is Massively Hypersonic in speed, right? Because he dodged, a lot, in LN.

No, because they aren't necessarily light.

and the barrage thing could be aimdodging based on what I read.

Can you confirm @OwariNepgear if the fight between Ayato and the guy with the gun-wielding puppets shooting at him from all sides in the novel? Also, if it is really guns they were wielding? If yes, what type was it describe as?

That could at the very least bump Ayato to hypersonic.

@Alakabamm: The LN didn't mention about that Concrete Dike's size. But compare to RL, a concrete dike's size is around Small Building ~ Large Building in height and about City Block to City in length. It's a construction near a river or sea to protect the City from flooding.

@Gemmysaur: No type described since it's an orge lux gun (not normal gun) which can change between 4 forms: 2 pistols, a rifle, a barrett-like gun and a canon. But orge lux weapons > normal weapons so an orge lux gun must be at least stronger than a normal gun, right? And she's using Rifle form when Ayato attack her.

@OwariNepgear

Lux weapons are likely stronger than regular ones but we can't really say the same for speed. Fictional weapons are weird like that.

I was also referring to this guy and his ability to control puppets that are shooting at Ayato.

That guy? Nah, Rimsi's gun is faster and stronger. The fact that Julis can dodge that guy's puppets's ammos to some extent but can't dodge Rimsi's ammos without Ayato's help is the evidence.

OwariNepgear said:
That guy? Nah, Rimsi's gun is faster and stronger. The fact that Julis can dodge that guy's puppets's ammos to some extent but can't dodge Rimsi's ammos without Ayato's help is the evidence.
RMC's weapon is faster yes, but Ayato was running around puppets shooting from all sides. That at the very least puts him at the very least hypersonic if its anything like or above a regular gun.

@Cross and Lina, I just watched all 24 episodes of Gakusei Toshi Asterik and yes the anime is cannon. I can confirm the feat that OwariNepgear stated, Ayato who was with Julis in episode 24 of the series was concerned about the entire city being destroyed so he asked Julis to evacuate everyone in the city. However this does not upgrade Ayato to City Level because cities in Liseltania are roughly the size of a city block so if anything Ayato should be upgraded to tier 8-B and not 8-A as Owari said. If you want I can link the entire episode to you guys and the calc staff can run a calc.

Is there any proof that the anime is canon? More so than the LN?

I can't remember the episodes as the anime was rather mediocre, so if you can link it, please and thank you.

Back