• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bubsy Upgrade

Yes, this has already been discussed before but the reasoning was absolutely bad behind it and I regret trying to agree with it personally.

So the arguments against it were that the professor "said wacky shit because he was in a panicked state of mind." To explain why this is a horrible argument, why does this actually counter Bubsy being Universal at all? The reason he would panic in the first place is because of what the Helmet can do. Let me put it like this, which of these two sounds more logical? The assumption that Virgil is exaggerating the upper limits of his power or the fact that Virgil is the creator of the helmet and should, therefore, know its potency which is why he's panicking? The reason it ranges as well as to emphasize just that the Virgil Reality Helmet is directly capable of doing whatever a person thinks, establishing the limits only go up to just what we know which would be Universal, there's nothing to suggest a lower cap at all other than using unwarranted doubt.

And to explain why it's 3-A, the statement was that the universe would be sentenced to annihilation. Annihilation by definitio is, and I quote, "complete destruction or obliteration." At the very least, this would be a POSSIBLY rating with how this is consistent. Unless there are actual constructive arguments, then the general assertive truth would be that Bubsy is Universal.

I agree.

It's stated at multiple points throughout the pilot that the VRH could destroy the world, and it's also stated that it can annihilate the universe.

Not to mention, referring to what the Virgil Reality Helmet can destroy as "the world" isn't vague at all, because with the statement that it can annihilate the universe, we can determine that world in this context means universe. After all, one of the definitions of "world" is "the material universe or everything that exists".

This isn't too big of a conclusion either, what with it being stated to be capable of doing anything that the user imagines and, in literal concept, being a reality warping tool.

I feel that just disregarding the number of statements and implications here is a foolhardy thing to do, and the only real reason there wouldn't be an upgrade is for biased reasons. After all, we only have statements to determine the tiers of characters like Captain Underpants and Cell, so why can't it be applied to Bubsy?

I smell the sweet fragrance of an outlier here. Because a single 3-A feat doesn't make a 9-B universal.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
I smell the sweet fragrance of an outlier here. Because a single 3-A feat doesn't make a 9-B universal.
You realize this is done via the helmet and not with his actual Attack Potency, right? Please actually read the thread if you're going to disagree rather than trying to meme with no actual valid input.

You realize this is done via the helmet and not with his actual Attack Potency, right? Please actually read the thread if you're going to disagree rather than trying to meme with no actual valid input.

Agreed, if the quote was actually read, they'd have seen there's no 3-A feat, but rather numerous statements.

That and that the Virgil Reality Helmet is simply part of Bubsy's arsenal, not Bubsy himself alone being 3-A.

So, would Bubsy's tier be changed to something along the lines of "9-B, 3-A with the Virgil Reality Helmet"?

So the helmet being 5-B to 3-A doesn't seem like a problem, but is it even a notable enough equipment of Bubsy to warrant being in his profile?

Okay then.

I think 5-B at minimum is fine given that the "destroy the world in the blink of an eye" statement was referred to as literal.

Not all that confident on 3-A, but don't really have any major issues with it either.

Can you summarise the argument for the helmet's rating?

Antvasima said:
Can you summarise the argument for the helmet's rating?
Basically, the Virgil Reality Helmet should be given a rating of Likely 5-B because of the multiple statements from Virgil and Bubsy stating it will destroy the world.

And alongside that, possibly be given a Possibly 3-A tiering because it's also stated in the exact same episode that it could sentence the universe to annihilation.

It has not been accepted by the calc group yet.

Should we wait to see if the calc is accepted or not to make this revision final? It just means that both revisions can be dealt with at the same time, instead of editing the page twice in a very short amount of time. Just seems more convenient.

Well, you can directly ask a few calc group members to evaluate the blog if you wish.

Back