• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Brute Strength vs Brute Intelligence (TV Series Homelander vs MCU Iron Man)

With his Repulsor Blasts, Tony can keep Homelander at a distance ("zoning") for as long as he wants, considering his Attack Potency is nearly twice as great as Homelander's, eliminating his Lifting Strength advantage.

With his Repulsor Blasts, Tony can keep Homelander at a distance ("zoning") for as long as he wants, considering his Attack Potency is nearly twice as great as Homelander's, eliminating his Lifting Strength advantage.
I mean, isn’t Homelander’s hearing really good? He should be able to hear Stark charging up a few repulsors and should be able to react, Homelander’s heat vision has a similar range to Iron Man’s ranged options so there’s that too

Homelander is possibly class K from the implication that he could perform the feat on ground instead of air. And Tony is an airborne fighter especially in his earlier keys.
That's only a possibly
It should still be usable in vs matches considering it’s on the profile, and SBA says that characters should be at their peak strength unless the rules say otherwise

Again, I will add on the fact that he has class K through the fact that he's unable to perform that kind of strength in the air (where these two will very likely be fighting considering both of them are capable of flight and do it often) but may be able to do it on the ground.

LS doesn't even matter anyways since neither of them grapple.

Again, I will add on the fact that he has class K through the fact that he's unable to perform that kind of strength in the air (where these two will very likely be fighting considering both of them are capable of flight and do it often) but may be able to do it on the ground.

The problem is that Homelander would just simple downscale from his K LS in air. Also he does grapple when he try to go for the murder lasers

And either then, what stops Tony from analyzing Homelander's antics and him proceeding to shoot him down?

If Homelander manages to keep Iron Man in a bear hug from the front, Iron Man could just uni beam Homelander to smithereens. It's his only stat that's (debatably) above Iron Man's, and it wouldn't help him much in this fight.

Would Homelander's lasers be able to cut through Iron Man's armour? If yes, the only way I see a wincon for Homelander is if he bearhugged Iron Man from behind and lasers him through his helmet or something. If not, Iron Man wins no-diff

If Homelander manages to keep Iron Man in a bear hug from the front, Iron Man could just uni beam Homelander to smithereens. It's his only stat that's (debatably) above Iron Man's, and it wouldn't help him much in this fight.

Would Homelander's lasers be able to cut through Iron Man's armour? If yes, the only way I see a wincon for Homelander is if he bearhugged Iron Man from behind and lasers him through his helmet or something. If not, Iron Man wins no-diff
I'm pretty sure Homelander's heat vision isn't hot enough to just slice through his armor

Iron Man has the edge on basically everything.
More skilled, more experienced (especially against comparable opponents), more varied equipment, smarter and has higher AP and Dura.
Homelander has the LS advantage, yes, but he isn’t much of a grappler and I don't see him clutching Tony in a way he can't get free.
Also, Homelander's lasers aren't neither strong not hot enough to slice through Tony's armor cleanly.

I vote Iron Man

Would Homelander's lasers be able to cut through Iron Man's armour?
He has Constantly be unaffected by heat generated from his Explosions
His suit sophistication is enough

Iron Man has the edge on basically everything.
More skilled, more experienced (especially against comparable opponents), more varied equipment, smarter and has higher AP and Dura.
Homelander has the LS advantage, yes, but he isn’t much of a grappler and I don't see him clutching Tony in a way he can't get free.
Also, Homelander's lasers aren't neither strong not hot enough to slice through Tony's armor cleanly.

I vote Iron Man
^ Cuz of this, I vote for the man on a mission in armor of high-tech ammunition! ... Tony FRA, basically.

On a side note, I want to point out that Homelander can perfeclty exert his class K strength in the air, given that his flight acts as self-leverage (as it theoretically does to all characters who can fly superhero-style).
The plane scene is a callback to this scene from Superman Returns, where he performs the physically impossible feat of holding the plan while airborne, as the laws of physics dictate that he should just pierce through the vehicle instead of countering its force.

Homelander refers to that, he can't catch the plane because without ground under his feet (and even then it would be questionable) his Class K strength would just overcome the plane's durability.

That said, my judgement doesn't change, I just wanted to address this.

Back