• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bruce Lee vs Ip-Man

Numbersguy

VS Battles
Retired
Well, this had to happen

Bruce
IP
Bruce Lee (Composite Movie version)
Ip-Man (Donnie Yen)

Bruce-Lee has his nunchucks

Ip-Man carries a staff

They fight on a shaolin temple

Scenario 1: In-character

Scenario 2: Both are bloodlusted

I'd say bruce wins in an actual fight his fighting style was more composite borrowing from lot of styles such as wrestling,boxing,wing chun,karate and several others even in the movies he used the composite style,while Yip man being just a wing chun master is limited to one style,which bruce wouldn't really have a problem countering after a few hits.Bruce wins pretty easy.

KazarianFahs said:
I'd say bruce wins in an actual fight his fighting style was more composite borrowing from lot of styles such as wrestling,boxing,wing chun,karate and several others even in the movies he used the composite style,while Yip man being just a wing chun master is limited to one style,which bruce wouldn't really have a problem countering after a few hits.Bruce wins pretty easy.
"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times."- Bruce Lee :)

very much describes this situation, with the man who practices one kick 10k times being ip man (not saying that it will certainly go like this, but its a perfect irony, this quote i found

The Living Tribunal1 said:
KazarianFahs said:
"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times."- Bruce Lee :)

very much describes this situation, with the man who practices one kick 10k times being ip man (not saying that it will certainly go like this, but its a perfect irony, this quote i found
The idea is to be a complete fighter(i am a practicing martial artist while not in college)And i see that quote being brought up so many times,you'll be surprised.Almost everyone interprets it wrong,The problem arises from the fact that actually drilling one kick 10k times,wouldn't do much good to you,the quote refers to repetition of knowledge in the form of action,it means,whatever you learn,drill it restlessly,not that don't learn as a fighter,sticking to one style is the the absolute worst thing any martial artist can do,since a singular martial art is a creation for certain set situations,and won't cover everything,and it binds you in a pattern,a pattern that you can't avoid,and your enemy can notice.

Back