• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
That's probably the case I've read then.

But seeing this only proves that Thanos would just hax Broly after getting a few humiliating punches, and those incons votes are ignoring the OP's statements of Broly wanting to drag the fight just to play around.

(And no one is yet to show the AP difference.)
Afaik it's a 50x AP difference cause of the SSJ multiplier.

That's probably the case I've read then.

But seeing this only proves that Thanos would just hax Broly after getting a few humiliating punches, and those incons votes are ignoring the OP's statements of Broly wanting to drag the fight just to play around.

(And no one is yet to show the AP difference.)
An example of him doing it would be his petrification feat where he literally just kills some skrull just so that he could flex to the next people that come into the room.

As for the OP's statements, that's less fight conditions and more just their understanding of the character. In the movie Broly's first actions were a punch, missed, and then proceeded to to start doing 2 close range ki bombs before starting to just nuke everything in the surrounding area. It ironically takes longer for Broly to start messing around with his opponents physically than it is for him to blow them up

The AP difference however, if Thanos is baseline then Broly would actually be over the 50x since he also has his zenkai boost from Second Coming alongside his Super Saiyan bs

Looks like the Second Coming key was removed from Broly? It definitely deserves its own key considering the fact that SSJ Broly in that movie was as strong as LSSJ Broly in M8.

Looks like the Second Coming key was removed from Broly? It definitely deserves its own key considering the fact that SSJ Broly in that movie was as strong as LSSJ Broly in M8.
I'd assume it was removed since Broly doesn't gain any abilities in it nor does he actually change tiers. It's just the exact same except unquantifiable higher. Though if that is true than jesus christ Broly's AP advantage is...... MAXIMUM

Afaik it's a 50x AP difference cause of the SSJ multiplier.
Forgot about being a multiplier, appreciate it.

As for the OP's statements, that's less fight conditions and more just their understanding of the character. In the movie Broly's first actions were a punch, missed, and then proceeded to to start doing 2 close range ki bombs before starting to just nuke everything in the surrounding area. It ironically takes longer for Broly to start messing around with his opponents physically than it is for him to blow them up
If that's the case, this is a stomp.

The AP difference however, if Thanos is baseline then Broly would actually be over the 50x since he also has his zenkai boost from Second Coming alongside his Super Saiyan bs
I (think) he's pretty low there, I believe he's like x2 above baseline?

If that's the case, this is a stomp
It's not fully a stomp, mainly just cause Broly is legit sadistic. Even Videl could survive 2 hits from him. Main problem is Thanos actually has powers and his primary concern is just surviving the first five minutes of this. If he can, then Broly will start getting cocky, if he can't then Broly kills him early.

Hence why I vote incon since it entirely depends on inconsistent factors

You're throwing mix signals at me.
Basically, Broly is sadistic but he's recklessly sadistic. He likes opening up with gung-ho actions that cause massive area damage and only goes for true hand to hand combat after having a bit of fun blowing up the area. If Thanos recognizes this and can avoid the incoming barrage, he can win. If he doesn't or if Broly just lands a hit a bit too hard, then Thanos just dies outright.

Oh, bet. So... the AP difference doesn't matter since he'll control his power level to play around just like he did with Videl? (I legit know jack shit about DBZ)

Yeah, though not as much. Since Thanos is in the ball park of Goku/Gohan he's going to have to survive the onslaught of ki attacks I showed earlier. So it's either 'one of the ki attacks nukes him into oblivion' or 'Thanos perseveres and narrowly avoids death via some bullshit'. So it's almost entirely up to Broly for when Thanos dies. The only other factor is Thanos' ability to look at an energy blast and decide to turn tail if it would kill him, which is also questionable because the Mad Titan is known for many things, humility is not one of them.

So yeah, very real chance Thanos looks at Broly's nuke, goes 'Nah, I'm Thanos' and then get atomized. So the primary factor of the fight is just 'who is feeling less stupid today'

Thanos fra + superior intellect and Lifting Strength.
The lifting strength doesn't help much when Broly can just cause an explosion around himself to kill Thanos and while Thanos is smarter, alot of it is due to technological knowledge and his tactical knowledge can be a bit inconsistent at times due to sheer arrogance so much so that it's the direct cause of some of his biggest PIS

Broly will quickly kill an opponent if he's given any reason they are a legit threat/stronger than him. So if Thanos decides to play the grappling game against Broly that's most likely going to cause his downfall

If Thanos recognizes this and can avoid the incoming barrage, he can win. If he doesn't or if Broly just lands a hit a bit too hard, then Thanos just dies outright.
AOE isn't really a problem since he could just... teleport. And his force fields are wicked to the point of enduring a lot more than 3-A things. So ki blasts, something that is his first moves (I think because of the way you talk) is pretty easily avoidable. And even being arrogant, he's not stupid, so yes he'd just teleport away.

Yeah, though not as much. Since Thanos is in the ball park of Goku/Gohan he's going to have to survive the onslaught of ki attacks I showed earlier. So it's either 'one of the ki attacks nukes him into oblivion' or 'Thanos perseveres and narrowly avoids death via some bullshit'.
Like I said above, ki spam is pratically nothing since he can either teleport or trap the explosions inside his force fields (something that is far higher than his durability), and he can stack force field on top of force field to increase. So far, he can indeed survive those five minutes thing you're talking about.

Broly will quickly kill an opponent if he's given any reason they are a legit threat/stronger than him. So if Thanos decides to play the grappling game against Broly that's most likely going to cause his downfall
Except, by the time he realizes that, Thanos would've already snapped at him with the many haxs of his arsenal.

Thanos only has High 3-A forcefields, without any further explanation I'll assume it's baseline so they won't help

AOE isn't really a problem since he could just... teleport. And his force fields are wicked to the point of enduring a lot more than 3-A things. So ki blasts, something that is his first moves (I think because of the way you talk) is pretty easily avoidable. And even being arrogant, he's not stupid, so yes he'd just teleport away.
From what I know, Thanos typically only teleports when he is leaving a fight/traveling long distances. His teleportation requires concentration and it's not something he utilizes much in combat without additional equipment (ex: his throne or space stone)

And while Thanos' forcefields can help in some regard, Broly is not only well over 50x stronger than him physically but ki attacks themselves can be multipliers of their own which further that gap even more. The only way the forcefield would help is if it just tanks shit that is on or above Broly's level, but if that's the case then yeah this is just a stomp since Broly loses his one won condition.

Like I said above, ki spam is pratically nothing since he can either teleport or trap the explosions inside his force fields (something that is far higher than his durability), and he can stack force field on top of force field to increase. So far, he can indeed survive those five minutes thing you're talking about.
From what I'm seeing on his profile he can only have 3, which Broly fires way more than.

Except, by the time he realizes that, Thanos would've already snapped at him with the many haxs of his arsenal.
No, since if Thanos is relying on his LS that means he hasn't yet relied on his hax meaning Broly hits his panic win button first

From what I know, Thanos typically only teleports when he is leaving a fight/traveling long distances. His teleportation requires concentration and it's not something he utilizes much in combat without additional equipment (ex: his throne or space stone)
The thing about his teleportation needing concentration was said once, but in every other case he'd just do it right away. Using to just leave the fight/traveling is only half true since he can use it to dodge attacks and leave the fight at the same time. Both cases his equipment or stones were unneeded.

And while Thanos' forcefields can help in some regard, Broly is not only well over 50x stronger than him physically but ki attacks themselves can be multipliers of their own which further that gap even more. The only way the forcefield would help is if it just tanks shit that is on or above Broly's level, but if that's the case then yeah this is just a stomp since Broly loses his one won condition.
But someone else said that he'd wouldn't start at 50x amp, and you somewhat hinted at that direction? Even so, his force fields are able to take hits from Galactus, stating that he needed to actually force himself to break (Who immensely upscales from Silver Surfer And Thor, both that are like x2 baseline I think?). And by stacking force fields on top of each other, he's able to take hits from Omega, a clone/fusion that is stated not only to be twice as more powerful than Galactus himself, but completely dwarfs him in power.

From what I'm seeing on his profile he can only have 3, which Broly fires way more than.
It's poor wording more than anything else tbh. Thanos never said that there was a limited or not.

"But someone else said that he'd wouldn't start at 50x amp, and you somewhat hinted at that direction? Even so, his force fields are able to take hits from Galactus, stating that he needed to actually force himself to break (Who immensely upscales from Silver Surfer And Thor, both that are like x2 baseline I think?). And by stacking force fields on top of each other, he's able to take hits from Omega, a clone/fusion that is stated not only to be twice as more powerful than Galactus himself, but completely dwarfs him in power."

They're still getting instantly broken if it's 2 times above baseline

"But someone else said that he'd wouldn't start at 50x amp, and you somewhat hinted at that direction? Even so, his force fields are able to take hits from Galactus, stating that he needed to actually force himself to break (Who immensely upscales from Silver Surfer And Thor, both that are like x2 baseline I think?). And by stacking force fields on top of each other, he's able to take hits from Omega, a clone/fusion that is stated not only to be twice as more powerful than Galactus himself, but completely dwarfs him in power."

They're still getting instantly broken if it's 2 times above baseline
It's also saving Thanos life from opponents more far more powerful than him? I'm not saying it's going to negate Broly's power or anything, just showing that it's more durable than him.

Uh....Broly is already in the 50x amp
It was me who said that, I was just confused. My bad on that.

The thing about his teleportation needing concentration was said once, but in every other case he'd just do it right away. Using to just leave the fight/traveling is only half true since he can use it to dodge attacks and leave the fight at the same time. Both cases his equipment or stones were unneeded.
That doesn't change the fact that he only uses it for means of escaping. Him dodging an attack while fleeing is still running away, the concentration part was to add to the idea that it isn't something he uses often in combat scenarios.

But someone else said that he'd wouldn't start at 50x amp, and you somewhat hinted at that direction? Even so, his force fields are able to take hits from Galactus, stating that he needed to actually force himself to break (Who immensely upscales from Silver Surfer And Thor, both that are like x2 baseline I think?). And by stacking force fields on top of each other, he's able to take hits from Omega, a clone/fusion that is stated not only to be twice as more powerful than Galactus himself, but completely dwarfs him in power.
The form itself is the 50x amp, he can just choose anything from that amount to anything below it due to ki control physically. With him being capable of going above that amount if it's required since ki attacks can be multiple times stronger than physical blows.

Also, side note. If Broly does decided to fight Thanos like that and his forcefields work as intended, Thanos is royally screwed. He's going to have a cocky chip on his shoulder thinking this guy he's fighting isn't that strong while Broly is going to realized Thanos is stronger than he seems and one shot him. That is legit Thanos' worst case scenario.

The form itself is the 50x amp, he can just choose anything from that amount to anything below it due to ki control physically. With him being capable of going above that amount if it's required since ki attacks can be multiple times stronger than physical blows.

Also, side note. If Broly does decided to fight Thanos like that and his forcefields work as intended, Thanos is royally screwed. He's going to have a cocky chip on his shoulder thinking this guy he's fighting isn't that strong while Broly is going to realized Thanos is stronger than he seems and one shot him. That is legit Thanos' worst case scenario.
You're thinking about it wrong, because the very moment that Broly breaks his force fields is the moment he'll realize that Broly is stronger than him. And that's going to be something that will surprise him due to being something that people stronger than him needed to work for it to break. I was showing these cases, yes, but I agree that Broly would be able to break those things (be immediately or eventually), and when those things break (be with one or multiple attacks), Thanos would realize that Broly is not to **** around and just hax him. Dude's arrogant, yeah, but he's not stupid, especially when he made those force fields to tank attacks that he himself couldn't.

You're thinking about it wrong, because the very moment that Broly breaks his force fields is the moment he'll realize that Broly is stronger than him. And that's going to be something that will surprise him due to being something that people stronger than him needed to work for it to break. I was showing these cases, yes, but I agree that Broly would be able to break those things (be immediately or eventually), and when those things break (be with one or multiple attacks), Thanos would realize that Broly is not to **** around and just hax him. Dude's arrogant, yeah, but he's not stupid, especially when he made those force fields to tank attacks that he himself couldn't.
Problem is you have the fact Broly is going to be holding back to begin with (which could likely result in the force fields tanking far more than they should) but there is also the very real fact that if one of the attacks Broly lands on him destroys the force field, there is a high probability that it kills Thanos too since that means Broly intends to hit Thanos multiple times over already. So the fight stays the same where both characters could just end up killing each other due to a large number of variables that are not quantifiably more likely than others.

In order for the shield theory to work, Broly needs to be hitting Thanos at a precise enough variable that he is not only breaking forcefields that are probably a few times stronger than Thanos but also not hard enough that it doesn't just kill Thanos alongside it. That is a very specific scenario which you can't exactly argue is more likely than Broly hitting him below the barrier's limit or above Thanos' survivability threshold since there is a MASSIVE gap between the two that Broly covers.

btw OP, since you didn't seem to know how the grace works I should probably mention this clause due to how the fight is looking

'If the final verdict did not have a minimum difference of three votes a grace period for inconclusive of 72 hours will begin. The other rules for inconclusive will still apply; grace for inconclusive will only be added if both parties had a notable debate.'

So sometime tomorrow if neither side has a a 3 vote difference, it's inconclusive

Edit: At least I think that's how it goes

Last edited:
Bro really changed the vote to 8-11 after I mentioned that, it's gonna be like that huh?

748575a4-f721-4683-84af-4e2d66b45d42.jpg

I'll change my vote for incon then.

(Crazy how the last non-Gauntlet Thanos revision was years ago on 2022, so he's probably going to be revised alongside Silver Surfer)

I know this on a different direction, but... Why is Broly High 3-A? According to Goku's profile, he is in such tier in the Buu Saga, and the Broly Arc takes place around the Cell Saga

Back