• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

British Spy vs. French Spy

Some of the reasoning here seems a bit flawed. Escpacially the part about Bond "letting his guard down" when activating his heat-tracking device. I mean the fact that he uses it in itself PRESUMES that Bond doesn't think of it as over until the death is confirmed so logically he would have to take the scenario of a "oh he was only pretending after all!"-scenario into consideration. Also it's really hard to say whom would even be the first to notice the other first. Also there seems to be a clear line drawn that Spy has better basic disguise and direct combat ability while Bond has better general utility and seems better to use the surroundings to his advantage.

With the given scenario and the heat-tracking device, Spy's disguise advantage doesn't really matter once exposed once. Without prior knowledge the first-attack advantage also doesn't really exist for him. So it would come down to either:

• Who tracks down the other one first with sheer espionage skill (very difficult to determine)
or if they detect each other at the same time somehow:

• Direct combat ability advantage vs utility advantage (would go to spy in a more open space, but with crowded urban areas it gets balanced out)
So yea, the OP really chose a setting that ended up robbing the Spy of his advantage, or rather gave Bond a fightining chance that put him on equal grounds.

Voting Incon...

wait is my vote the decisive one? Does the 7-5 rule apply even if it's "favoring one side vs incon"? Anyway, doesn't matter. I vote incon for reasons stated.

I mean personally I feel like He urban space would quickly become less crowded as soon as the first gunshot rings out, because people aren't gonna run away. It's just more of an opportunity for Spy to sneak around, because it's be harder to focus on him in a panicked crowd. Bond wouldn't even have his thermal vision on right away either so it's not like he'd immediately know the guy was faking it.

I'm just saying the only way I can see Bond winning is incap because of the tier difference. I barely understand what the inconclusive vote is before, though?

Like so it relies on Bond shooting spy once. Either Spy fakes his death or doesn't actually register it because it's a 9-B weapon and it doesn't hurt him that much. If he fakes his death, Bond has to turn on his thermal vision, determine that he's not dead somehow (which I still don't understand because Spy could just move out of his line of sight), swap guns to a sleep dart thing and shoot Spy with it, and then have the drugs take effect before Spy can turn around and shoot once? Or stab him in the back?

Also if Spy just doesn't take his death then he turns around and shoots Bond. He's still a good shot and a world class mercenary, better than just about all of the world's military, and, again, if he has access to everything he ever has he has ubercharge canisters which make him immune to damage. As well as several other things due to MVM

TheArsenal1212 said:
James can use the thermal in the car if he wanted to. There really isn't anything stopping it
How is Bond going to knock down Spy when in his car, though? He can run him over because thatd kill civilians, and he can't shoot missiles at him because that'd kill civilians.

He'd more than likely just wait for Spy to make a move while he stays invisible. He wouldn't risk hurting an innocent life if he can help it.

Outside the Vanquish yeah Jack I'd favour Spy i agree with ya on that now. Fair play.

Inside the Vanquish?... James probably plays it safe and doesn't attack until he knows to. Once he does he spams the missiles

Back