• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2-A looks fine I guess.

Higher plane doesn't default to a higher plane of Dimensionality whatsoever. High 1-B isn't supported in the least and assumes an infinite amount, playing a Devil's Advocate. This doesn't really seem to be supported outside of a very fundamentally weak reason.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
I can agree with 2-A but where in the bloody hell do you get tier 1 out of this?
He's assuming they're jumping planes of dimensional existence and with myriad, he's getting Tier 1 out of it.

Fully on board with 2A, but iffy on anything higher. Are there more mentions of the higher planes?

Its probably best to wait for Bravely Third before starting anything Tier 1 related.

Inverted Tempest said:
2-A looks fine I guess.

Higher plane doesn't default to a higher plane of Dimensionality whatsoever. High 1-B isn't supported in the least and assumes an infinite amount, playing a Devil's Advocate. This doesn't really seem to be supported outside of a very fundamentally weak reason.
Indeed, I actually made a thread a while back to get rid of High 2-A for them but it kinda died.

These higher planes of existence go beyond an infinite multiverse, which similar things are treated often as High 2-A on many pages here, and there are myriad higher planes, which would be either countless or infinite depending on interpretation. Though I'm fine with it just being countless, but I'm not seeing why people are just rejecting a higher plane of existence beyond infinite universes as being higher-dimensional.

First Witch said:
Its probably best to wait for Bravely Third before starting anything Tier 1 related.
I don't think we need to wait for a game that's not even confirmed to have a set release date IIRC if we're trying to carry out a revision. If this is remark to Tier 1 though, that's fine.

Inverted Tempest said:
First Witch said:
I don't think we need to wait for a game that's not even confirmed to have a set release date IIRC if we're trying to carry out a revision. If this is remark to Tier 1 though, that's fine.
???

And i kinda disagree, High 1B is the highest interpretation, as nothing indicates infinite higher planes. But the existence of higher planes are more or less proven with the Celestial realm. My only gripe on anything Tier 1 related is that we have not enough conclusive proof. So waiting for the game where the Planeswarden are more or less the focus is better than trying to force it through @Niarobi

I can definitely agree with 2-A, but the Tier 1 stuff sounds pretty hyperbolic; and High 1-B is a definite no. I think at least 2-A, possibly High 2-A given that tier is still there might work. Though, I do remember a thread of getting rid of High 2-A which result seemed divided.

So how are we treating these higher planes/layers of existence? I'd like to just mention that the Planeswardens are called the Dimension Bureau in the Japanese version, so there's that, too.

It uses the term "jigen", which explicitly refers to spatial dimensions, and dimension ended up getting translated to "higher plane"/"next layer" makes no sense at all contextually.

Spatial Dimension =/= Higher Dimensional plane on our new improved explanation for our tiering system.

I wasn't saying I agree with it, but saying "we need to wait for X game to come out" is rather dumb is my point. It really doesn't contribute anything when Bravely Third doesn't even seem to be close to release date.

Can you show the original Japanese text even referring to jigen? This doesn't really seem to be something you provided in the scans you listed. We should use the English version unless it's a mistranslation you can actually prove.

Is it referred to as a higher dimension in said context? I see the mention of Jigen, but I don't see the mention of it elaborating to higher dimensions in this context.

but in japanese "µ¼íÕàâ" is typically used to refer to spatial dimensions whilist "Õ»©µ│ò" is typically used to refer to parallel dimensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back