• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bravely Default / Second downgrade.

SPOILERS FOR BRAVELY SECOND.

It turns out, Time in Bravely Second is controlled by the moon. So, after the Kaiser manages to run all 4 Crystal's powers mad, and bathe the compass of space-time in the divine timeline separating light it gives him ebough power to warp himself to another dimention were he'll rule.

By warping/destroying the moon.

If a moon, even if it represents time, would it still be considered 2-C? (Ouroboros downgrade,since he would just have destroyed the moon and the planet, making him 5-B to 5-A.) Also, all characters, even the NPCs are able to move in a "deleted" or "time stopped' timeline. Maybe it was just forgotten and locked away?

Screenshot 2016-04-27-07-38-17
Screenshot 2016-04-27-07-38-30

Other notes include that all character's time manipulation techniques are limited to 3 moves, being stopped in time is an status effect (it wears ofd), all characters can be hurt by any weapons, kamiIzumi, Edea's teacher got badly injured by a cat, and they can only travel back in time via 4th wall breaking. (Asking the playwr to select New Game+ to reset the game's events.) In the Black Mage/Hunter event, Edea is not able to lift some rocks on a collapsed castle, etc.

So, everyone gets downgraded to 5-C without Agnes's pendant, their time manipulation and lifting strenght gets severally downgraded and their durability as well.

I did finish the game and I think that your are right If the main cast was Universe Level+ they would no problem defeating Kaiser.

Probably an inconsistency and not grounds for actual downgrades.

The player also has power.

So, any fights should specify if "you" can help the heroes.

And, you are right.

Ouroboros being tier 2 is a inconsistency now.

5-B atmost.

Well, didn't they assemble the power from all different versions of themselves combined to defeat Ouroboros (representing all of the players who have ever and will ever use the game)?

I think Ouroboros should stay where he is beacause he created the Infernal Realm

Quote from Lester DeRosso story : But prior to his sacrifice, as the Infernal Realm transcends time and space, DeRosso begins a bootstrap paradox by saying the very words he heard long ago so that a past version of himself would hear it.

The fact that the main characters are much weaker after beating Ouroboros is an inconsistency like Promestein said but they were still able to beat Ouroboros.

But only by combining the powers of themselves within every alternative timeline, correct? Not by their regular own powers.

Yes they had alternate version of themselves ( Streetpass ) to fight Ouroboros and they also got help from Lester DeRosso a vampire who was able to seal Ouroboros Regenerationn so they could kill him.

Problem is, Time is a lot "weaker" per se in Bravely Second´s world, depending on the moon.

Ouroboros just needs to destroy the moon in order to destroy a entire dimention´s time.

Hmm. I am uncertain what to do then.

That would be akin to destroying a lynchpin keeping a certain universal constant functioning, then? More or less why, say, OFF god tiers aren't Low 2-C for being on par with Hugo/flipping a switch? Seems reasonable I guess. (shrugs)

Though I'm pretty sure Ouroboros is more tha 5-C, as demonstrated from here onwards he can rather casually start blowing up planets to restore himself. Planet destruction that flashy and overdoing it has rather frequently reached Large Planet or even Dwarf Star levels of power: see, Frieza blowing up Planet Vegeta : and Ouroboros later wields that sort of power against them in direct combat explicitly with the Armageddon beam whatever attack, after which he goes on about how another world just died. So there's that.

The game seems to treat as more like blowing up an alternate universe, but given the fact that there are still white specks (meaning stars in the background), I suppose this is sort of justified.

However, Moon-level is still far too low. The planet is clearly vaporized and thus it has to be At least Planet level. Not to mention the fact that he does this casually.

Still, even if the Moon is the embodiment of time in the Bravely verse, busting the time component of space-time is still pretty damn significant, albeit not easily quantifiable if I have my physics straight.

Ouroboros clearly states an entire world has been devoured, plus, destroying the moon only removes time, not the world itself, so it's certainly not moon level. However, as shown in Bravely Second, destroying time doesn't exactly... well, destroy time, characters can still freely move, converse, and battle despite time having apparently ceased, similar logic to that of PMD Explorers of Sky. Because of this, there shouldn't really be anything stopping characters from the world in which time has "ceased" to continue helping out in the final battle, so whichever you you look at it, moon level simply does not make sense. Personally, I'm still of the impression that he's destroying other realities, and the game also appears to treat it as such as well, plus, this is also going off of soloey attack animation, how do you visualize an attack that destroys a universe? What we see was probably just the easiest way to demonstrate Ouroboros destroying a world (Often in these games, world can easily mean universe as well).

As for your points with cats and rocks, frankly, I'm going to write it off as inconsistencies, we see them all the time in games, heck even fiction as a whole,, and frankly, can still be somewhat justified, cat girl probably empours cats to her strength level, which as we find in Bravely Second throughout, is still in the same tier as other asterix holders, including Kamiizune, so it's not too farfetch'd to say an empured cat could cause damage to the offguard swordmaster. As for Edea unable to move the boulders? Well, the size of the dungeons and world map in this series never corresponds with the size of the characters, sure the rocks may look small, but from character perspective, these could be boulders the size of small houses stacked ontop of eachother.

Back