• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DimeUhDozen

She/Her
I propose that Ouroboros and the late-game Bravely Default The Warriors of Light (Tiz, Agnes, Edea, Ringabel) be brought up to 2-A, possibly Low 1-C, and here's why. In Bravely Second, we get this tidbit of information from Anne, Airy's sister. Had the Warriors of Light not killed Ouroboros, he would have destroyed the Celestial Realm. As Providence's justification states, "the Celestial Realm, a plane of existence that exists above the infinite versions of Luxendarc." I believe this is justification enough for Ouroboros to be at least in the same tier.

Also, we need to eventually get something going for the Asterisks, because the Bravely gang has been given a lackluster powers and abilities list for so long. I propose a tab for "With Asterisks", or individual job classes, though that seems like a cumbersome task, because right now, more than half of the abilities granted by the Asterisks are missing, as well as most justifications for existing ones. One example is ... Magic isn't even here, even though these guys can potentially spells like up to the highest "-ja" level magics, and that's not even the half of it.

Let's get started, shall we? Starting with the ones that already exist.

Elemental Manipulation (Consisting of Fire, Ice, Thunder and Wind Magic)

Attack Reflection (With Reflect and Magic Mirror, which reflect back magic, Soul Mirror, which reflects physical attack, and Elemental Mirror, which reflects attacks from a specific element. With Counterattacks.)

Sound Manipulation: I'm not sure what the justification is for this, but I'm assuming it's for Silence?

Darkness Manipulation (With Dark and the Dark Arts)

Regneration (High-Low) (With the Regen ability, which restores 3% of maximum HP to one target at the end of each turn, lasting until the effect is removed)

Resurrection (With Arise on others and Rearise on themselves)

Status Effect Inducement (Can inflict a multitude of status ailments with various spells and regular attacks with certain items, which include Poison, Blind, Silence, Sleep, Paralyze, Stop, Dread, Berserk, Confuse, Love and Charm)

Soul Manipulation (With Ectoplasm, which can manipulate their own spirit to act on after death and use skills like Arise to force the souls of possessed targets out. Attacks from the Guardian job class are harnessed from the user's very soul)

Time Manipulation (With Slow, which uses Time Magic to lower the opponent's speed by 25% and Haste, which does the same to make the affected faster by 50%. Stop freezes the individual flow of time of an opponent. Bravely Second is a time-stop move which negates resistance to time abilities, even for those above space-time in general, like Providence. Slow Parry passively slows down time around foes who manage to strike them. Time Slip passively rewinds time to the beginning of the fight if they are defeated)

Summoning (Is able to summon alternate versions of themselves from alternate dimensions with Summon Friend and is able to summon the likes of, Girtablulu, Hraesvelgr, Zilsudra, a phantom train, Deus Ex, Susanoo, Charybdis, Amaterasu and the conceptual embodiments of the Seven Deadly Sins with the Diabolism Asterisk. Can summon meteors with the Meteor spell)

Pain Manipulation (Can negate their own sense of pain with the Feel No Pain ability)

Spatial Manipulation (With the Sonnenblume ability which warps space such that slower characters attack first)

Possession (With Possession, which allows them to possess their opponent as a spirit)

Mind Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation, Fear Manipulation, Morality Manipulation, and Madness Manipulation (With Fate, which inflicts the Charm status on the opponent, forcing the opponent to fall in love with them and fight for them, Fear, which can forcibly induce terror in their opponents, can induce Berserk on opponents with the Frenzy Dagger and on themselves with the Berserk ability, and can inflict Confuse on enemies with the Elven Bow and Chaos Blade, which can even make them attack their allies)

Berserk Mode (When under the Berserk status)

Sleep Manipulation (With Sleep)

Statistics Amplification (Can use abilities that amp up their physical strength, durability, speed, agility, and magic, some of which are passive)

Death Manipulation (With the Death spell, which instantly kills the target, Eradicate, which invokes a special rite that automatically kills the target, bypassing death-based resistances, and Obliterate, which is a passive skill that can be used to instantly kill any enemies that are far beneath their level)

Conceptual Manipulation (Type 3 - Can take control of the embodiments of humanity's sins and inner nature with the Diabolism Asterisk)

Okay, now that this is done. Let's go over everything the profile doesn't cover.

Absorption (With Adaptation, which allows the user to absorb any and all elemental attacks to restore their health for a period of time, Absorb Magic, which is a stance that allows the user to absorb and nullify all incoming magical attacks, Drain, which absorbs the life-force of a target, Aspir, which drains the magical energy of the victim, and Steal Life/Mind, which does the same for the life and mental energy of the target)

Healing (With various healing items, Cure spells and the Amaterasu summon, which ignores Healing Negation. Auto-Undo allows the user to passively undo changes made to their health and mana)

Breaking The Fourth Wall (Recognizes the Player by the end of Bravely Second)

Forcefield Creation (With Reflect and Magic Mirror, which reflect magic attacks, Soul Mirror, which reflect physical attacks, Elemental Mirror, which reflects attacks from a specific element, Elemental Barrier, which nullifies all elemental damage for the target, Status Barrier, which guards the target from all status effects and Angelic Ward)

Power Nullification (With the Silence spell, which renders the target unable to use magic attacks and Sloth and Purgation, which completely negates all support abilities including Regeneration, Reflect, Rearise, and immunity to status ailments. Can steal BP from others such that they are unable to make any move at all in the future. Dispel nullifies all special barriers and enchantments their opponent currently has. Stillness temporarily nullifies the damage component of all attacks, including their own. Absorb Magic allows them to nullify all magic attacks coming at them and absorb them as well. The Possessed skill transfers the target's strength, magic power, health, mana, and soul power to the user and prevents that target from performing actions)

Resistance, Durability, Attack Reflection and Forcefield Negation (With "-ja" level magic, one can completely bypass all magic-reflecting barriers like Reflect. This can also be achieved by using any of the attacks from the Seven Deadly Sins via the Diabolism Asterisk, which also ignore resistances to status ailments, and any of their Summons. Bravely Second can bypass time-based resistances, even for those above space-time. With the Pierce M. Defense skill, she can passively ignore the magic defense of the target. The Harpoon skill completely negates the defenses of the target. Can bypass durability via Pressure Points and Qigong Wave. Scale Strip instantly slashes off the enemy's defenses and armor. Pierce Default allows one to completely bypass the defense of the target, even if they are guarding)

Purification (Type 2 and 3 - With the Arise spell, she can instantly exorcise undead foes. Esunaga can remove all status ailments from the party. Self-Healing rids them of any status ailments after the battle is finished)

Stealth Mastery (With the Thief Asterisk)

Clairvoyance (With the Divining Rod skill, which alerts the user to hidden chests on the map that have not been opened yet)

Gravity Manipulation (With Graviga)

Holy Manipulation (With Holy)

Cloth Manipulation (Changing one's class via the Asterisks allows them to completely change their clothes as well)

Teleportation (With Teleport)

Earth Manipulation and Vibration Manipulation (With Quaga, which causes an earthquake)

Statistics Reduction (With various skills that debuff the strength, durability, and speed of their enemies)

Damage Reduction (Can reduce the damage of an attack by entering the Default stance. The Nothing Ventured stance allows the user to halve the damage of an incoming attack before retaliating for double the damage of their normal strikes. With various accessories that lessen the damage dealt to the wearer. Angelic Ward reduces the damage taken by 50%)

Power Modification (Can change the power of their weapons by enchanting them with magic, allowing them inflict elemental damage or even death with regular attacks. Can imbue a sword with a MP absorption ability with Auto Aspir Blade. Using Spellcraft, one can modify a spell such that it is always cast at the beginning of a turn, inflicts physical damage instead of magical, make it re-trigger at the start of each turn, make it affect multiple targets, and trigger as a counter to other attacks)

Water Manipulation (With Torrent, which deals sixteen hits worth of water-imbued attacks)

Accelerated Development (Can instantaneously learn new skills and become a master of various weapons they're never even touched before via the Asterisks)

Power Mimicry (With the Learning skill, one can learn enemy attacks when they are used against them. Glossolalia can allow the user to learn spells from their friends as if they were their own)

Acid Manipulation and Breath Attack (With Acid Breath)

Causality Manipulation and possibly Existence Erasure (With Undo, which manipulates causality in making so that any action can be undone, leaving the victim only with the memory of performing it. This can be inflicted on movements, life force, mental energy, and can be used automatically at the start of each turn. It is also implied that it has the ability to undo one's entire existence)

Precognition (With the Astrologian's Precognition skill)

Damage Transfer (With Damage Dispersion, which disperses 45% of the damage dealt to someone else when hit by a single-target attack)

Damage Boost (With various special moves and buffs, she can multiply the amount of damage taken by up to six. With various abilities in the Hunting skillset, she can increase the amount of damage dealt against enemies of certain types, such as beasts, aerials, aquatics, and dragons. The Centurion skill allows one to take multi-cast spells and convert them into one singular powerful spell for one target)

Information Analysis (With Examine, which is even able to find the health and weaknesses of higher-dimensional beings)

Intangibility (While in a Ghost state)

Unholy Manipulation (With Hellfire, Promethean Fire and Diabolism-based attacks, which use the power of the Seven Deadly Sins)

Probability Manipulation (Can increase their overall luck, the likelihood of them delivering critical attacks, and the chances of their attacks working as intended. Using Quickga, a spell that cannot be reflected, in particular, one can raise the target's hit rate to 100%, making it impossible to dodge future attacks)

Chi Manipulation (With Qigong Wave, which can fire a burst of chi energy)

Non-Physical Interaction (Able to harm ghosts)

Perception Manipulation (With Blind, which blinds the enemy)

Instinctive Reaction (With Counterattacks and "Auto" skills, which can activate regardless or not the user has time to react)

Immortality (Types 4, 7 and 8 - Providence confirms that whenever the party gets a Game Over, they are resurrected and made to fight again at the Player's leisure. As long as the Player is willing to continue, they will always be back to fight again from a Save File, as the Player's will is inside the party)

Supernatural Willpower (Yew was able to break the hold Providence had over the game through sheer willpower and slice through the file deletion screen)

Resistances:

Mind Manipulation and Empathic Manipulation
(With Charm Immunity)

Perception Manipulation (With Blind Immunity)

Madness Manipulation and Morality Manipulation (With Confuse Immunity)

Paralysis Inducement (With Paralysis Immunity)

Poison Manipulation (With Poison Immunity)

Time Manipulation (With Stop Immunity)

Status Effect Inducement (With the passive Dungeon Master skill, one can completely ignore all status ailments outside of battle)

Data Manipulation, Hacking, Reality Warping, Plot Manipulation and Body Puppetry (The party was able to break the hold Providence had over them, who was manipulating the very programming of the game itself to make them fight each other and very nearly deleted the Save File of the Player themselves. Yew was able to break through the file deletion screen of the game, which exists outside of the Save File itself. The party should be comparable to him)

Magic (Can take hits from, reflect, and nullify magic outright. Can absorb magic with the Absorb Magic skill. The passive Anti-Magic skill allows the user to have their magic defense dramatically increase after being hit by a magic spell)

BFR (Able to resist Ouroboros's Divergence, which teleports the victim into another dimension)

Able to resist, reflect, absorb, and nullify multiple attacks in the game that carry these properties: Sleep Manipulation, Air Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Water Manipulation, Light Manipulation, Gravity Manipulation, Death Manipulation, Fear Manipulation, Holy Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Earth Manipulation, Vibration Manipulation, Pressure Points, Statistics Reduction, Absorption, Power Nullification, Soul Manipulation and Darkness Manipulation.

I think that should be about it.

Last edited:
I don't mind a solid Tier 1 rating, but I recall the scans more so describe it as outside the realm rather than above it. Though there are hints of being above the rounds given that entire 2-A sized multiverses are treated as save data files within the Celestial Realm/Game Cartridge. Though if I misread the scans back then I can understand.

I don't mind a solid Tier 1 rating, but I recall the scans more so describe it as outside the realm rather than above it. Though there are hints of being above the rounds given that entire 2-A sized multiverses are treated as save data files within the Celestial Realm/Game Cartridge. Though if I misread the scans back then I can understand.
I believe there's a scan from Bravely Second where Ringabel gives an explanation on the hierarchy of realms after his appearance. I'll see if I can find it.

Found the scans for a 2-A sized multiverse within the data files, and a transcendent plane of existence as well.

The Infernal Realm, Ouroboros's Realm and where the final battle takes place is also transcendent of time and space. Lester DeRoso's story explains something that comes full circle in the ending, speaking to himself in the past from a realm above space and time. This page explains it a bit better.

You just posted evidence that they are higher planes
He didn't say specifically that they were higher planes. Ringabel's job as a Planeswarden is to protect other worlds/universes/planes. The higher layer that the second scan was referring to is not one of those. The Infernal Realm and the Celestial Realm sit above them.

He didn't say specifically that they were higher planes. Ringabel's job as a Planeswarden is to protect other worlds/universes/planes. The higher layer that the second scan was referring to is not one of those. The Infernal Realm and the Celestial Realm sit above them.
Prove that

It's literally just a terminology for other universes. There isn't any evidence to support that the countless planes Ringabel is referring to are anything 5-D or higher.
I mean they usually refer to universes as universes or worlds, and they refer to higher layers as planes of existences. So when Ringabel said myriad planes of existence its most likely talking about the higher layers. Do you think a "likely" or possibly rating is fine

I mean they usually refer to universes as universes or worlds, and they refer to higher layers as planes of existences. So when Ringabel said myriad planes of existence its most likely talking about the higher layers. Do you think a "likely" or possibly rating is fine
I mean, maybe. I would love 1-A Bravely just as much as you but honestly I don’t think anyone would buy it. From the context of the game, it just seems like he’s a dimension-hopper so I don’t think it’s likely.

I mean, maybe. I would love 1-A Bravely just as much as you but honestly I don’t think anyone would buy it. From the context of the game, it just seems like he’s a dimension-hopper so I don’t think it’s likely.
I don't know why being a dimension hopper means its universes, the other planes are also other dimensions. And why would all of this even just be low 1-C? There's an end layer, which means there's more than 1 higher planes. Should be at least 6D

I don't know why being a dimension hopper means its universes, the other planes are also other dimensions. And why would all of this even just be low 1-C? There's an end layer, which means there's more than 1 higher planes. Should be at least 6D
Yeah, but there’s no real proof of that. In the first game, traveling to parallel dimensions was a big focus and it’d make sense that they’d keep to that rather than a concept like that.

But it is true that the Infernal Realm/Celestial Realm/End Layer are of different planes of existence that it can be considered a hierarchy. The Infernal Realm is above the infinite multiverse, the Celestial Realm is above the Infernal Realm (why Ouroboros was trying to break into it in the first game). And the Celestial Realm is supposed to be our world where we as the Player operate on a different sense of time as the main game (not a meta thing, this is actually an in-game plot point), which means we’re basically above all of this like Providence is — who the protags kill at the end.

Yes bravely is literally a final fantasy game
I know, but the implications of such haven't been properly addressed and the connections to it verse-wise have yet to be thoroughly proven. It's a spin-off, which in all intents and purposes, could throw it off from canon if evidence of such is not in place, which is why I am addressing it here, as it could potentially change a lot of abilities.

I know, but the implications of such haven't been properly addressed and the connections to it verse-wise have yet to be thoroughly proven. It's a spin-off, which in all intents and purposes, could throw it off from canon if evidence of such is not in place, which is why I am addressing it here, as it could potentially change a lot of abilities.
That's enough proof, and every single thing (except theathrythm maybe) in FF is canon, even the spirits within movie and anime

They also appear in Dimensions II and in brave exvius the bravely default universe is stated to be another world

That's enough proof, and every single thing (except theathrythm maybe) in FF is canon, even the spirits within movie and anime

They also appear in Dimensions II
Yeah, but it could have been a Kingdom Hearts situation, which is why I wanted to get that out of the way.

Back