• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Brad Armstrong vs. Guts (6-0-0)

Jackythejack

They/Them
Sooo this seemed like a fun match. Why not give it a shot? Speed equalized. Brad is in his first key, using the Likely 9-A value (.03 tons I believe) and Guts is in his second key (.04 tons) but this is pre-dragonslayer and arm cannon. I believe that the profile calls it Griffon Retrieval or something along those lines. Basically, Guts doesn't have his 8-A dura stick. Brad has all of his optional equipment.

Brad

Guts

It should be noted that the feat Brad scales to is done rather early on, and he gets considerably stronger over the course of the game. Brad can further increase his strength with Joy and if we go by game stats, it multiplies his AP and dura between 2 to 3x.
TNT (The Item) is also 0.062 Tons

In terms of advantages,

Brad is incredible skilled, he invented an entire martial arts style, and those taught to use it are by far the most efficient fighters in all of Olathe. He has beating champion-class wrestlers in direct combat and has used his style efficiently even against armed opponents, from swordsmen to gunslingers, even with both arms chopped off at the shoulder

Brad's also inhuman stamina-wise. He can tank slices, gunshots and powerful strikes with little impediment to his fighting ability, can fight while being heavily debuffed by severe withdrawal and can still fight with efficacy even while on fire, poisoned and under other status effects. This is without taking into account his healing items

Brad's fire attacks also do grant a range advantage

well, I like both characters and series while also finding the MU interesting. I’ll have to read up on what Brad can do since it’s been awhile since I’ve played the Lisa series

I almost wanna say Brad via range advantage
Guts can match Brad in willpower and skill but I think the range could help Brad

Two characters I like a lot from two verses I can actually say I know a lot about! Even if my knowledge is a bit outdated.

But that isn't here or there, here are my impressions!

AP: Brad is likely the stronger one here by how much he grows over the course of the game + his stat-amping tools and move that cause higher damage than normal. Guts, however, can concentrate a higher amount of force by the edge of his sword, and isn't so far behind that he should be easily overwhelmed by Brad overall. So, Brad has an advantage in the raw exchange of blows, Guts can hit "harder" on a clean strike with his sword.

LS: Brad is stronger, both in feats and by the profile. I protest Guts' current LS rating, but in any case he should be weaker than Brad at this key, particularly during the Griffith retrieval arc. Guts fights dirtily enough and with weapons to counter Brad's grappling up to a point, but he should hold the LS advantage quite solidly.

Toughness: Both are very similar really on how they can persist fighting even with grievous injuries. I'd even say that Black Swordsman Guts would have the advantage - but here's the thing, during the Griffith retrieval arc, he didn't have the kind of insane bloodlusted willpower he shows later on. So, I'll give the advantage to Brad, but both should have more than enough tolerance to pain, wounds and tiredness to make this point moot.

Skill: Brad is absolutely the better unarmed fighter and he is more than skilled enough to confront Guts on a direct battle, but Guts has shown to be a far more resourceful fighter, having greater tactical acumen and a greater skill at using the environment and in sheer ruthlessness. I believe Guts has a significant edge on this, although Brad is very much a live dog, particularly if Guts is forced to engage on a conventional battle with Brad.

P&A: Brad has a degree of healing with his items, has a lot more range with his fire and explosions and has his nasty stat amp. Guts, for the useful skills here, has his superior mobility with his agility, and his air pressure redirecting can prove to be very useful to partially disperse Brad's fire attacks.

With that in mind and what I believe how the fighters would go at it, I favour Brad more often than not, although it would be hard and Guts can certainly pull out a win under the correct conditions. Brad has more range and tools for a direct fight, although Guts would be a very difficult and cunning opponent. Ironically, at medium-range, Guts can probably pull out more wins than losses, but at either long or close range, he should lose. And had this been Black Swordsman Guts, he would win.

Brad wins with a lot of difficulties.

Not giving Guts haha funny sword seems a little weird imo, but eh, it's fair to restrict it with how massively it'd put the match in Guts' favor.

Does Guts have his arm cannon and crossbows here? They change the outcome of the fight pretty drastically.

Actually, nevermind, Pre-Eclipse Guts so he wouldn't have any of that.

Ignore me, Brad FRA.

guts at this point has fought on par with one of the strongest apostles around, one who he would need berserker armor to have any chance of winning, guts takes this easy

guts at this point has fought on par with one of the strongest apostles around, one who he would need berserker armor to have any chance of winning, guts takes this easy, he fights foes stronger then him all the time even pre eclipse
This is the most incoherent argument for anything I've heard in a while, basically takes nothing else but strength into account.

This is the most incoherent argument for anything I've heard in a while, basically takes nothing else but strength into account.
so guts surviving a battle against an apostle that would absolutely stomp brad means nothing to you? LOL ok bro

Guts survived fighting Zodd because Zodd let him live dude. You clearly didn't read the fight.
he took blows from him, wounded him and made him transform, he by all accounts fought on par with him, I clearly said he survived a fight with him, zodd didn't go easy on him

he took blows from him, wounded him and made him transform, he by all accounts fought on par with him, I clearly said he survived a fight with him, zodd didn't go easy on him
Zodd most definitely went easy on him or else Golden Age Guts would be 8-A. He didn't "make" Zodd transform, Zodd transformed because he wanted to.

Actually, Thedoctor has a point. Zodd was clearly heavily wounded, way more than he should as a 8-A against a 9-A, and even assuming he didn't go at 100%, he clearly wasn't playing around.

At the same time, it is incredibly inconsistent with any other moment about how Zodd is portrayed. Guts at that point doing as well as he did against Zodd is very weird both in a tiering sense and in a story sense. By all means he shouldn't.

Back