• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Goku vs Guts
  • Battle Location: Fire Mountain
  • Starting Distance: 10 meters
  • Both in-character
  • Speed Equalized
  • End of Golden Age during Griffith’s rescue Guts and 21st Budokai Goku were used. Goku has his Power Pole. Goku’s Oozaru form is restricted
  • End of Golden Age Arc during Griffith’s Rescue Guts NEVER HAD the arm cannon or the Dragonslayer, so it’s not standard equipment for him yet, and he had the same AP as in the beginning of the Black Swordsman arc, since it was this version that fought Wyald and who scales to .04 tons. This is even mentioned on Guts’ profile, and it states the pre-Eclipse 9-A version of Guts can be used
Goku:

Guts:

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Goku in the 21st Budokai is at least 9-A, possibly higher, so he upscales from his previous .01 ton feat, making the AP gap between Guts and Goku more negligible. Goku’s a very experienced and talented martial artist himself at this point since he just finished training with Roshi, and he can use the Kamehameha wave several times in-battle to injure Guts. Goku also has his Power Pole to deflect against Guts’ sword and the ability to call Nimbus.

And something else that’s being ignored is that I said both fighters are in-character. And Guts has shown himself to have a particularly soft spot for children, even missing some fatal blows on Rosine due to her being a child. Since Guts hasn’t gone through the Eclipse yet, he’s not in his ruthless warrior state that allowed him to try and kill Rosine, so he’d probably hesitate and initially hold back against Goku. In addition, while I’d say Guts has more experience than Goku, he’s never had to fight against someone of Goku’s size, so his fighting style would be more unusual for Guts. This is NOT the mismatch it was made out to be.

Last edited:
Guts literally has no chance here. You've basically rigged the fight against him.
Well the other match I made with Guts vs Goku you complained it was a stomp in favor of Guts due to the AP advantage. Then should I give Guts the Dragonslayer and hand cannon again?

I mean in this key I'd question how much those even help him depending on how far Goku upscales from his previous key.

I mean in this key I'd question how much those even help him depending on how far Goku upscales from his previous key.
I can’t imagine it’s too high. It shouldn’t be x4 times higher, probably a x2 or x3 increase at most.

That's not how upscaling works- Unless a multiplier difference is stated we say they just upscale from their previous value, so, Guts still has a decent 4x AP advantage. I don't really fancy Guts not having Dragon Slayer and arm cannon but... I'll figure out an argument soon. Maybe never. Idfk.

I think Guts doesn't stand a single chance, Idk so much about Goku (I don't watched dragon ball tbh), but reading his feats as 23rd Budokai, I really think Guts (end of The Golden Age saga) can't defeat Goku at any scenario

I think Guts doesn't stand a single chance, Idk so much about Goku (I don't watched dragon ball tbh), but reading his feats as 23rd Budokai, I really think Guts (end of The Golden Age saga) can't defeat Goku at any scenario
need explain more, this cant be counted as a vote

GOKU: (23rd Budokai)
-Acrobatics
Would help him to dodge Guts attacks

-Damage Boost (can increase the power of his attacks by concentrating his ki into a single point to do more damage)
Would make Goku do High Amount of damage in a single point

-High Pain Tolerance (Resistance to Poison (Survived after drinking the Water of the Gods), High Pain Tolerance [...])
If Goku gets hit by Guts, he would feel less pain, making him more stable at the middle of the fight

-Shockwaves Generation (Can create powerful shockwaves via Kiai)
Goku can make powerful attacks in a large distance, so if Gutts starts hitting too much attacks, Goku can use it to inflict damage on Gutts from distant places (I don't think I understand it)

-Flight
Goku could fly and use his Range abilities on Goku, extremely op considering Guts can't fly at all

GUTS: (End of the Golden Age Saga)
-Enhanced Senses (Defended himself and several others from a professional assassin sniping them in near-total darkness
Made Guts can easily dodge Goku abilities, making the fight more fair

-Non-Physical Interaction (Can attack ghosts and beings on the astral plane with the Dragon Slayer
To be honest i don't think this would help Guts

-Cyborgization (Has a detachable steel arm that has many functions, like a cannon arm that can create explosions and a repeating crossbow)
Technically would counter the Flight of Goku

My Final Awnser: Goku
Goku can just spam his Shockwave while flying, I can't imagine Guts winning this fight

Last edited:
GOKU: (23rd Budokai)
-Acrobatics:
Would help him to dodge Guts attacks

-Damage Boost (can increase the power of his attacks by concentrating his ki into a single point to do more damage)
Would make Goku do High Amount of damage in a single point

-High Pain Tolerance (Resistance to Poison (Survived after drinking the Water of the Gods), High Pain Tolerance [...])
If Goku gets hit by Guts, he would feel less pain, making him more stable at the middle of the fight

-Shockwaves Generation (Can create powerful shockwaves via Kiai)
Goku can make powerful attacks in a large distance, so if Gutts starts hitting too much attacks, Goku can use it to inflict damage on Gutts from distant places (I don't think I understand it)
You've listed abilities that Goku has for the 23rd Budokai, but that's not the key being used. This is 21st Budokai Goku, who doesn't have his high pain tolerance since he never drank the Water of the Gods yet, he doesn't really know about ki and can only use the Kamehameha wave, and he can't generate shockwaves via the Kiai yet.

You've listed abilities that Goku has for the 23rd Budokai, but that's not the key being used. This is 21st Budokai Goku, who doesn't have his high pain tolerance since he never drank the Water of the Gods yet, he doesn't really know about ki and can only use the Kamehameha wave, and he can't generate shockwaves via the Kiai yet.
Fixed, but I still think that Goku can spam kamehameha while flying

Fixed, but I still think that Goku can spam kamehameha while flying
He can only fly when he spins his tail, which is something he only did once to keep himself from falling out of the ring. That's not something he does regularly during fights, and he never did any Kamehamehas while in the air either. I mean, he could, but he doesn't have enough energy yet to repeatedly spam Kamehameha waves either. His fight with Roshi showed that eventually, he'll run out of energy to perform the Kamehameha waves.

At one point of the fight Guts would just figure out that he can just grab goku's tail and be the crap out of him while he is pinned down.

At one point of the fight Guts would just figure out that he can just grab goku's tail and be the crap out of him while he is pinned down.
Since Goku is more acrobatic and skilled, he's probably not gonna get the chance not going to let him.

What is Gut's lifting strength? Because Goku is Class 25, so against baseline Superhuman, he's gonna pop him like a pimple.

Back