• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
I mean, it makes sense. While beluga whales are larger than bottlenose dolphins with a weight ranging from 1100 to 1600 as opposed to dolphins' 300 kg (with a weight range of 150 to 650 kg), at the same time, the beluga whale is hardly confrontational while bottlenose dolphins are infamous for being dicks. Beluga whales are capable of ramming, but doing so is almost certain to give them a brain hemorrhage.

Now, it should be noted that location neutrality is a thing. Looking at their range maps, bottlenose dolphins have been observed as far up north as Iceland while beluga whales have been observed as far down as Hudson Bay or even St. Lawrence River in Quebec. This is based on looking at their range maps on their respective Wikipedia articles where range maps are usually most readily available. As such, neutral waters are possible for these creatures.

I personally think it is unlikely that a lone dolphin would win against a beluga whale even at their smartest, and the size of a pod is such a variable that a large pod would curbstomp great whites and orcas trying to defend a baby, so I think two or three bottlenose dolphins should be about enough... Let's go with two dolphins against one whale.

Here are their profiles:

Bottlenose Dolphin's Profile
Beluga Whale's Profile

Who would win?

Dolphins: 0
Whale: 0
Inconclusive: 0

Back