• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boros's striking strength downgrade,again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the proposed changes are:

Boros has his AP changed from

At least Multi-Continent level (His attacks were causing severe damage to his own ship, which endured Saitama's moon jump. He stated that his attack would destroy the surface of an entire planet, making Saitama use Serious Punch to cancel it out), possibly Planet level''' (According to the databook his final attack is able to bust the earth)

to

Continent level (Damaged his ship) physically and At least Multi-Continent level (He stated that his attack would destroy the surface of an entire planet, making Saitama use Serious Punch to cancel it out), possibly Planet level with the Collasping Star Roaring Cannon (According to the databook his final attack is able to bust the earth)

His striking strength is reduced to Continent Class and his durability is downgraded to Continent level.

But any change regarding Boros also affect Garou who would have his AP, striking strength, and durability reduced to Continent level.

I mean, if Boros and Garou would have 'one hell of a fight', it wouldn't make sense for Boros to just fodderise Garou with CSRC.

"also the Collapsing Star Cannon is baseline 5-B and it's way stronger than his regular attacks, so he can't be 5-B, at max he's low 5-B"

Boros was tired and depleted of energy when he fired the CSRC; an attack that is based on the user's own energy stores. I don't believe the guidebooks specified that only a full powered CSRC was planet level, though I'm not adamant on this point as I haven't seen said guidebooks/scans yet.

"Boros has his AP changed... to At least Multi-Continent level possibly Planet level with the Collasping Star Roaring Cannon"

Not exactly. There's substantial proof to suggest that Boros' CSRC is planet level. It'd be more like:

At least' 'Multi-Continent level physically, Planet level with the Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon

waiting to see what ryu has to say

> it wouldn't make sense for Boros to just fodderise Garou with CSRC.

If it's his ultimate move that's not in proption to his physicals then I don't see why not. Not like he's going to bust it out from the jump and use nothing else.

> Not exactly. There's substantial proof to suggest that Boros' CSRC is planet level. It'd be more like:

There is? I only know of the manga guidebook. The manga and Murata (at least according to Reddit translations of his streams) say that he's only surface wiping. Also surviving a life wiping/planet busting shockwave doesn't require 1:1 durability.

"If it's his ultimate move that's not in proption to his physicals then I don't see why not. Not like he's going to bust it out from the jump and use nothing else."

It's like a Pokemon battle between one trainer with 6 magikarp and another with 5 magikarp and an arceus. If one trainer has what is essentially an 'insta-win' button then it certainly isn't 'one hell of a battle'.

Also there's more than one guidebook stating it's Planet level, though I digress as the current profile says 'possibly 5-B'

I don't think he said "one hell of a battle" and the next paragraph after that statement ONE clarfied about the battle

> ONE: Garou or Boros, who would win? Before, Boros was definitely the stronger one, but Garou is now a near-perfect monster. I don't really know. A good match . . . I do believe Garou is stronger in close combat where things like punches and kicks can generally be avoided.

> Even if you look at the portrait description, Boros will fight with overwhelming power, superior playback ability, energy attacks from a distance, while Garou will fight with excellent fighting ability (though I showed off and knocked down Saitama 's attack many times). I can not certainly say which is stronger.

> Source text

As for the guidebooks the only other one is an anime only book that came with the Blu-Ray guide. Which is legit for the anime version of Boros, but not the manga version. Although looking at the quote I guess it might be enough to imply that Boros and Garou have MC AP and Durability, but that feels a bit circular.

"ONE: Garou vs Boros, who would win, you ask? Before (pre-monster Garou), it was quite obvious Boros was ways above him. But now that Garou has basically become the perfect monster, it is hard to tell who would win, it would've been one hell of a battle. I do believe that Garou is stronger in close combat, where he would simply dodge all punches and kicks"

The Naruto forum post where I had originally found the original source is offline, but that's the statement I was referring to.

Oh I know about the quote, I linked it above. I just don't think that the NarutoForum post is a proper translation of the passage. Although either way ONE considers it a good fight, but he also considers Boros is be physically superior, have better attack options, and energy projection while Garou's only advantage is superior skill.

Well, as shown above, Boros tanked the same shockwave that overpowered his planet busting attack, and while already pretty exhausted at that. Not sure why his durability would be downgraded.

Wokistan said:
Well, as shown above, Boros tanked the same shockwave that overpowered his planet busting attack, and while already pretty exhausted at that. Not sure why his durability would be downgraded.
someone already debunked bold He didn't "tank" anything though. He lost well over half of his body and died barely a minute later

What are the conclusions here, and did anybody ask Ryukama?

I asked Ryukama a couple days ago.

Bump.

Again,Boros's ST scales from damaging his ship wich is now only continent level in durability (it was Multy continent before).And Star Canon does not scale to his casual punches since no evidences.

So if Boros is downgraded, what does Garou become? Because his AP, Striking Strength, and part of his speed justification comes from Boros scaling.

If Garou is High 6A then Boros is High 6A since he's physically comapairable/slightly better than Garou.

can someone post a link to the updated calc now?

if boros being able to tank the aftermath of his roaring cannon is still a thing, he'll probably keep multi-continental durability

'Again,Boros's ST scales from damaging his ship wich is now only continent level in durability (it was Multy continent before)'

I'm presuming a calc was made for that change?

Oh, its just to fix a mistake regarding the ships scaling. The ship is scaled to Saitama's moon jump and was improperly labled as Multi-Continental instead of just Continental.

Also I wouldn't say that Boros really tanked the attack. He just didn't die instantly from it.

I'm not referring to Boros' death. On his profile it says he was planning to 'tank the aftermath of his attack' (paraphrased) with all his energy depleted no less.

I mean, it's not the most solid reasoning, but it sorta makes sense?

maybe you guys should get pfp cause its confusing at first to tell if you guys are the same people when going down a thread kinda fast. lol

Changed it to make it easier. But anyways I don't think surviving the shockwaves of the CSRC would make him High 6A unless you assume its the Anime/Guidebook version of the feat.

AstralKing7 said:
maybe you guys should get pfp cause its confusing at first to tell if you guys are the same people when going down a thread kinda fast. lol
if you got any good suggestions i'm down to hear it lol

also not sure if someone has done this yet but i contacted Ryukama on his wall

Alright he answered, if anyone's interested, here's what he said (it's on his wall).

Ryukama wrote:
I've discussed this topic countless times over and over and over and over again. I'm tired of dealing with it. I've already laid out my points.

Boros and Garou are equal combatants who if they fought each other there'd be an indeterminate victor.

Assuming that either Boros has an attack that can instantly one shot Garou, or that Garou has durability Boros could never inflict even the teensey tiniest bit of damage on outright goes against this.

Therefore one can assume that their physicals are at least somewhat remotely on par with the CSRC and not vastly inferior. Especially since Garou straight up survived the same attack which cancelled CSRC.

I'm not participating in that thread though, and I don't care what decision gets added on.

So yeah

For the record I mostly agree with this, since most of it's the same points I've been saying anyway lol. Though I think the justification for Boros' durability could be fixed up a little (e.g. something like 'Should be able to take hits from Garou')

P.S. dont start arguing with ryu on his wall, it's p clear that he doesn't want to participate in this argument anymore

Boros and Garou are equal combatants who if they fought each other there'd be an indeterminate victor.

First off,Garou is scaled from Boros.

Assuming that either Boros has an attack that can instantly one shot Garou, or that Garou has durability Boros could never inflict even the teensey tiniest bit of damage on outright goes against this

Star Cannon is Boros's Ultimate attack like Kaguya's ETSB that scales to no one.And Garou does not have better durability than Boros,Garou is scaled from Boros.

Therefore one can assume that their physicals are at least somewhat remotely on par with the CSRC and not vastly inferior. Especially since Garou straight up survived the same attack which cancelled CSRC''.

Garou never tanked Serious Punch from Saitama,Garou was damaged when Saitama hit him,you can not get a drurability because you can survive with half of your body being blown up,he survived cause of regen.In the scans i posted you can clearly see that Garou was damaged all the time.And Saitama's Serious Headbutt easily countered Garou's punch and destroyed his hand,you can not get Planet Level durability for that,that is not tanking.

Onepunch-man-one-4358465
Casual Punch and Aftermath

Onepunch-man-one-4361259
Serious Headbutt vs Garou's Punch

Onepunch-man-one-4361261
Aftermath.That is what Ruy calls "tranked"

Also,don't forget that Saitama didn't want to kill Garou.

Dzhindzholia said:
First off,Garou is scaled from Boros. I can agree with that

Star Cannon is Boros's Ultimate attack like Kaguya's ETSB that scales to no one.And Garou does not have better durability than Boros,Garou is scaled from Boros.

This isn't the same case here, pretty sure. Meteoric Burst is also one of Boros' trump cards, or ultimate attacks if you will, and Garou + Boros definitely scale to that. Plus, if Garou got fodderised by the CSRC then the fight wouldn't be indeterminate. Thus Garou can deal with the planetary CSRC in some way, thus Boros and Garou scale.

Garou never tanked Serious Punch from Saitama,Garou was damaged when Saitama hit him,you can not get a drurability because you can survive with half of your body being blown up,he survived cause of regen.In the scans i posted you can clearly see that Garou was damaged all the time.And Saitama's Serious Headbutt easily countered Garou's punch and destroyed his hand,you can not get Planet Level durability for that,that is not tanking.

If he had continental level durability, and Saitama's serious series move was on a similar scale to the one that cancelled out CSRC, then Saitama should have vaporised him on the spot. In a relative sense, only having his arm destroyed can be considered tanking.

Not saying that Garou scales to Saitama's serious series move, just that he's somewhat comparable, or at least not too far off, the CSRC.

Also,don't forget that Saitama didn't want to kill Garou.

While I agree that Saitama held back more against Garou than Boros, it's completely unquantifiable by how much.
my responses are in bold

This is not going to be accepted without reliable staff evaluations. There have been lots of preceding OPM content revision threads with a higher quality of input, and we are not going to revise the franchise unless we reach a comparable degree here. As such, and given Ryukama's disagreement, we should probably close this thread.

You want to close the thread even considering I debunked Ruy's statements with legit scans from actual manga?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back