• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I am sure when S3 is out and the anime guide says some doubtful af shit about Pyskorochi and Tats, everyone will just be upgrading her and it will get accepted.

Well new information and statements keep being found over and over again, eventually we will have a hundred different things to add up, although I fear that no matter how many of these little things add up it won't be enough...

Anyway, I believe we should open a sandbox with each argument regarding the Boros scale, its counter-arguments and counter-arguments of counter-arguments so that next time we can build a CTR that uses all of our arguments at once.

This would also help us get organized.
Yeah, I'll drop my comment here in case anyone wants to have a compilation of the arguments. If there is something missing, feel free to add it to the list:

There is overwhelming evidence form the manga that Boros deserves this upgrade.

- Firstly, the statement coming from the volume cover does not automatically make it useless/ false. In fact, you would need to prove that the volume covers have at least once (if not systematically) been proven to be incorrect and prioritize hype over truth. When looking carefully into it, you can only find one instance where the cover of the volume can be interpreted as a hype statement, and it can easily be debunked. Vol 5 says that DSK has no rival even among the S class, but this is clearly in reference to PPP being defeated by him, which literally happens in the volume.

- The statement clearly makes a case for the Earth coming to an end not because of an accident, but because of Boros and the danger he poses to humanity as a formidable fighter.

- I'm not going to go over this because it has already been discussed without success multiple times, but in chapter 36 of the manga, Boros notes that his punch "definitely connected" and proceeds to imply Saitama has taken damage. If Saitama was indeed intact, it would be silly of Boros to imply that he has the upper edge on him based on nothing. Also, he can take damage and still be leagues above his opponent, like Cosmic Fear Garou, who made Saitama visibly bleed, but was still way below him.
This one is more of a funny detail but we can see that right after he connects his punch on Saitama, there is blood in his mouth, which wasn't there before, and we didn't see him taking any damage during that period.

- Of course we have the famous quotes of Saitama saying Boros is strong during the fight, really strong just after defeating him, saying he is one hell of a guy, probably the strongest he's ever fought to Genos (debunking the argument that he was trying to make Boros feel good about his strength). And Saitama stating to himself that Boros is almost a real fight. This is really important because he hasn't made such statement against anyone besides Cosmic Fear Garou. Instead, he mocked monster Garou several times and was visibly bored against Tatsumaki. There are many more examples for those two, but I decided to keep it simple.

- Saitama in the summer festival audiobook, while not even bald, took on Tatsumaki's full power head on, and Saitama doesn't even remember being put under such a pressure, nor does the narrator imply Saitama faced someone relative to Boros before their encounter.

- Saying ONE and Murata retconned Tatsumaki's powers after the DMT arc is a fallacy to me that can not be proven correct in any shape or form. During the arc, Tatsumaki was drawn acting casual, so the writers definitely knew she had more power in her, and they were saving her full power for another moment.

- Boros was according to ONE, still in 2016, considered to be as powerful as Garou. In 2018 he retconned that, although you could argue that scale of a fight =/= power of the characters, and we don't even know what were ONE's thoughts about what Murata said. Regardless, it goes to show you that even in the manga (we know for a fact Boros and Garou are equal in the webcomic) Boros is considered to be a god tier. Murata even called him the heavyweight champion of the universe. Boros was also a villain that Sun-Man couldn't defeat in ONE's story, so he was introduced in OPM and Saitama could ultimately defeat him.

- Boros' databook page actually puts him at planet level and has a "rivaling abilities" statement. Of course, with a casual Saitama.

- The OPM official mobile-only website (which is canon to the manga) states that Boros "forced" Saitama to use his Serious Punch.

Also, the anime (which this wiki does not consider as canon, but should have more releveance into clarifying these topics) supports the evidence:
You can find the evidence for all my claims, which are from the Vol 1 of the OPM Star Compus, here.

• The compus describes Saitama vs Boros as the battle of "The strongest vs the strongest".
  • It also says "Saitama is sort of clobbered".

- As well as stating that Saitama "resorts" to his Serious Punch when Boros fires CSRC. This aligns with the previous statament.

- In Saitama's page, it distinguishes between "Normal Mode" and "Serious Mode". What I'm arguing here is that the statement proposed in the OP doesn't necessarily have to be referring to CSRC, given that serious mode is a state Saitama can access while fighting, not only while executing serious moves.

- We also have this source, which says Boros is "the strongest enemy in history".

- The official page of the OPM anime says Saitama vs Boros is a battle for the survival of humanity.

Less solid, but still plausible arguments would be:
  • Geryuganshoop can be argued both in the manga (Murata's statements about Geryu vs Tats, and about Orochi's original plans vs Tats and Boros' generals) and in the anime (is literally stated to be the greatest psychic in the universe) to be stronger than Tatusmaki, which is basically a synonym for Boros scaling.
  • The prophecy was actually referring to Blast, who was the only earthling, as far as we know, who was alive by that time, probably in his 20s, and strong enough to fight Boros.

Back