• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boredom: Fu Xiaoli vs Cole Macgrath

Her Desperado stuff is passive, but it won't effect Cole.

Everything else she hasn't used in the two fights she had on screen outside of her power copying, but her only way to beat regen is AZ, at least I think it is, I could have sworn it couldn't ignite Dura a while ago.

Oh shit! My bad, I'll edit it back

Edit: Anyway, I'm not sure, it will be far away so Fu can survive the AP portion, but then she has Radiation and neurosucc to deal with

Neurosucc from that range? Also if she experiences the ability she just gains resistance to it and copies it so...he nukes, Xiaoli copies and nukes bacc i guess.

Cole is immune to RSB so that's useless, and she's left with having no oxygen to breath because of it, so constantly nuking is a problem

The Ray Sphere Blast spreads an incredibly strong type of Radiation that's meant to activate conduits and allow them to Awaken, and is lethal to humans

And yes, I'm aware she's poison resistant, thing is I have no idea how that reacts with Radiation

Can she copy strength?

That gives me a weird thought

Would verse equalization make magic and Conduit abilities the same? I think it would

It'd depend on if he fits the definitions of the verse that has a magic specific ability or whatever. This is part of why the Culexus Assassin is so crazy, because of how broad a parameter "related to the warp" is.

Rakudai Magic and Conduit abilities are based on genetics and DNA, so IMO it should be

If it isn't, this is a stomp for Cole

Well what they do is similar but rakudai is just more bananas in terms of applications.

But what i think will stop equalization is the fact that magic is a lot more spiritual and fate based

To me, while I definitely don't think Desperado stuff like Fear Hax, Fate Manipulation or any of the spiritual based Devices can fall under verse equalization. Standard Magic should fall, both InFAMOUS conduits and Rakudai Magic are based on Genetics and DNA, which is why the Rakudai family is trying to produce Blazers with strong magic potential.

Genetics are why Higher class families like Kurogane's and the Vermillions family produce strong mages aside from Ikki who got the short end of the stick

BTW Second Son gets absurd with its applications of Conduit abilities, like localized time Stop and pocket reality creation.

Eh, I don't know, I think it really boils down to the origins of the power.

A big thing with Conduits is that the Conduit gene is activated/fueled by Ray Field energy, which is also noted to be the fuel source for genetic mutation/evolution.

Not really sure how we would scale this to genetics that lets you use magic, but its something.

To be honest magic and Conduit abilities are just names when you get down to it.

It's the fuel source, but not the origin, which is Genetics, like standard magic in Rakudai

Then I guess it really depends on how she deals with RSB and black hole and how Cole deals EE.

If she can survive/understand them, then she pretty much had made herself immune to Beast Cole's best tools. The only way I see Cole getting around this is teleport + black hole, but he isn't likely to open with that.

Although, if we're treating both abilities similarly, then that also leaves her vulnerable to his power absorption, but that requires physical contact.

I did not mean Desperado stuff doe. I meant these guys.

It's actually predetermined fate and again magic is a spiritual thing. As for genetics....eh, it plays a part in the type of ability. Similar to how Shizuku uses water (same as Ryouma, her grandfather), or how Stella uses fire (same as her father), but i guess that's it for the most part, capabilities aren't based off of that. Which is the reason Ikki <<<<<< anyone in his family, or why Stella >>>>> anyone on her family.

That's why it's scratched

You could try Warframe for matches. They should be able to deal with Cole while not stomping. If you make the rules well enough it could work.

Also you can try DMC after the downgrades

Maybe, I don't want to use Limbo, some other warframes need love.

As for this match, if Fu and Edel get stomped, then who else can we use?

Never said Limbo. Just try using warframes that have up to date profiles. You can try Loki (Warframe) for example.

Honestly im not sure. Desperados get mostly stomped strictly because of their desperado hax (cus he'll get outta reach). But honestly i can't think of anyone who would be a fair match. People like Amane Shinomiya would stomp cus i don't think Cole can get past his luck/probability hax. Utakata Misogi inconcs i think cus he can just revive via causality hax (Kumagawa Misogi style cus all Misogi's are alike). Sara Bloodlily doesn't have any way past his regen and is extremely squishy. Yuudai Moroboshi can 1 shot via soul hax, but that comes from the summaries so not yet. Tendou Harima could maybe work via non corporeality but he doesn't have a way past regen and his profile comes from summaries.

So honestly i don't think there is anyone who can work from Rakudai.

Amane can't beat him or bypass his regen I don't think, so probably incon

Misogi can't breath after Cole nukes so he'd be dying over and over again.

Never heard of Tendou or Yuudai

Similarly for other Rakudai characters.

Wallenstei: Is practically unbeatable by normal means, but cole has the neccessary stuff to beat him so wally gets stomped.

Or-Gaule: He has what's necessary to beat Cole, but he's a desperado so it means Cole nukes.

About Amane, he'll just fate hax into incap or sth. Maybe fate hax into leaving the battle field besides, the luck is passive.

Misogi can just undo the damage even to the surroundings if necessary (considering he can do that to other ppl).

Amane's luck isn't passive, it's thought based through wishes, though IDK how he's going to incap Cole (Throwing him out of the battlefield would just cause Cole to nuke from a state away)

BTW Cole isn't nuking because they're Desperado's, he does that in character, that's his entire goal is to nuke for that matter.

Misogi is fair, though I think he gets outlived.

His luck is passive, and he does seem to have some wishes that he always has. Besides it's not like Cole can outspeed thought based activations. He could just make Cole commit self BFR like he did to Kiriko Yakushi. He just made it so that all 100 of her patients were badly analyzed by her so that she would have to leave the fight and go aid them patients. He could do something similar to Cole, just create a situation where he would need to attend ending the fight.

I guess Misogi gets outlived true. Cus he hasn't shown to undo age.

Back