• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The cloud is not even natural, why would you assume it has that shape...? Nine has the power to changed its shape. Also I don't remember normal storms having a tip at the bottom and it's not like that's going to affect what I'm calculating.

>Now that your original calc didn't pan out the way you wanted you don't just throw the measurements out of the window? That's disingenuous.

The only reason I was able to measure the island is because it's because @TheRustyOne measure a wall in it, not because I'm now trying to make the feat better if that's what you're implying.

Anyway the measurements don't lie and they don't relie on baseless assumptions, so I will finish the calc tomorrow and ask for evaluations.

Therefir said:
The cloud is not even natural, why would you assume it has that shape...? Nine has the power to changed its shape. Also I don't remember normal storms having a tip at the bottom and it's not like that's going to affect what I'm calculating.
Anyway the measurements don't lie and they don't relie on baseless assumptions, so I will finish the calc tomorrow and ask for evaluations.
What are you talking about? Storms are a cylinder..Which is why you used a cylindrical shape in your initial calc. .Now you are trying to change it because you know remaining consitent is not going to lead to big numbers?

Having a tip on the bottom literally means nothing, it just means the storm has a lip which is nothing out of the ordinary for nature .

The measurements don't lie...Then why are you trying to work around your initial measurement of the whole storm in order to try and make the lip bigger? By that logic you can just use the initial one. And once again using this image the lip is not even that much bigger than the island.

Also the assumptions you made weren't baseless? You used the horizon method, and the bare minumum height for cumulonimbus clouds, why are you trying to switch up now and call those assumptions "baseless"?

>What are you talking about? Storms are a cylinder..Which is why you used a cylindrical shape in your initial calc. .Now you are trying to change it because you know remaining consitent is not going to lead to big numbers?

Storm are a cylinder, but Nine's storm have many forms during the last battle of the film.

>The measurements don't lie...Then why are you trying to work around your initial measurement of the whole storm in order to try and make the lip bigger? By that logic you can just use the initial one. And once again using this image the lip is not even that much bigger than the island

I'm not trying to do that, @TheRustyOne make a calc that allowed me to correctly measure the island.

>Also the assumptions you made weren't baseless? You used the horizon method, and the bare minumum height for cumulonimbus clouds, why are you trying to switch up now and call those assumptions "baseless"?

I used the horizon method because I had no idea how big the island, and therefore was unable to measure the storm, but that's not the case now.

>The measurements don't lie...Then why are you trying to work around your initial measurement of the whole storm in order to try and make the lip bigger? By that logic you can just use the initial one. And once again using this image the lip is not even that much bigger than the island

I'm not going to use that image to scale the storm, I'm going to use the one where it was dispersed to avoid confusion.

Okay I'll just wait and see what happens when you make the calc. But the area they dispersed was a cylinder, hence the shape left through the clouds. Also btw if you're doing Ke stuff with thunderstorms you can use 3g/m^3 for finding volume mass since it's water content.

These calcs listed in the revision should be considered invalid.

Back